- 1. We've left on our honeymoon,
heading to the ends of the universe.
- 2. The road there is all too long.
- 3. Even so...
- 4. It's strange.
- 5. So many days have passed,
- 6. but I haven't been feeling
hungry or sleepy at all.
- 7. Am I going to completely
turn into a klaxosaur?
- 8. Scared?
- 9. Not at all.
- 10. It's like I've become a part of you,
- 11. and I'm going deeper and deeper in.
- 12. I can tell what you're feeling.
- 13. Same here, darling.
- 14. More enemies.
- 15. Let's do this, Zero Two.
- 16. Come to me, darling.
- 17. When we share our wings,
- 18. we can fly as high and as far as we want.
- 19. Right now,
- 20. we are unbreakable.
- 21. It's getting a bit big.
- 22. I'll arrange pregnancy clothes for you.
- 23. Please.
- 24. Oh, but you mustn't give
me special treatment.
- 25. I must.
- 26. As the first pregnancy, you'll be
a pioneer and an example.
- 27. We should do things right to set a precedent.
- 28. I understand.
- 29. Hup!
- 30. Oh...
- 31. Found the place!
- 32. I'm amazed it's still here.
- 33. Don't try to explore any unsafe areas.
- 34. Okay.
- 35. Wow. The plants were dying
back then, but now...
- 36. It's practically a miracle.
- 37. We went through so much here, huh?
- 38. Maybe Mistilteinn kept
all of this safe for us.
- 39. Yeah.
- 40. We can make a fresh start.
- 41. All right!
- 42. Hup.
- 43. What do you need all these files for?
- 44. There's something I want to get done.
- 45. You're so good!
- 46. And then, you take this thread...
- 47. Um...
- 48. Is there anything you need me to do?
- 49. Don't worry.
- 50. Everyone's here for me, so I'll be fine.
- 51. But I feel like I should help...
- 52. Kokoro!
- 53. Outta my way, fatty!
- 54. Don't call me that!
- 55. Eat this, Kokoro!
- 56. No fair! Eat this, too!
- 57. Thank you...
- 58. We asked Nana, and she said
we could bring it to you.
- 59. You need to eat a lot and
get all those nutrients!
- 60. Yeah, thanks.
- 61. All right. Back to the field we go.
- 62. W-Wait a second.
- 63. Relax! There's still time before it's born!
- 64. Um...
- 65. I-I'm off.
- 66. Yeah. Take care.
- 67. You think Hiro and Zero Two are still fighting?
- 68. Every now and then, it hurts to think
that we're living here without them.
- 69. I keep wishing there was
something we could do for them.
- 70. We all feel the same way.
- 71. But...
- 72. All that's left for us is to focus
on what we can do here and now.
- 73. Just like they're doing.
- 74. Can you tell which stars these are?
- 75. Not at all. We're really far from Earth,
and the perspective's different.
- 76. Want to make a constellation ourselves, then?
- 77. Make a constellation?
- 78. For example, we can link those two stars...
- 79. Too bad. The enemy's here.
- 80. Let's go, darling.
- 81. Right.
- 82. Don't worry. We have all
the time in the world.
- 83. Mitsuru! Hurry!
- 84. There he is!
- 85. Kokoro!
- 86. Look, there's your papa.
- 87. The first step in the future
we chose finally came to pass.
- 88. Well done, Mitsuru!
- 89. You're Papa #1!
- 90. It was something we'd never forget.
- 91. Some time later,
- 92. we were told of the facility that housed
all the children who disappeared.
- 93. Naomi?
- 94. You guys...
- 95. We throw ourselves into this life,
taking each step slowly but surely,
- 96. making sure we could each
find our own path to walk.
- 97. And then, one of us came to
another major crossroads.
- 98. Hup.
- 99. Okay, I'm going to go explore the world.
- 100. I want to find usable materials
we'll need in the future.
- 101. Also...
- 102. If there are any children left behind,
- 103. they desperately need a helping hand.
- 104. It'll be a long journey,
but we're counting on you.
- 105. Take care.
- 106. Are you okay with this, Ichigo?
We'll all miss him, but especially you.
- 107. I'm sure. But this is a
very Goro way to live.
- 108. I'm good to go.
- 109. All right. Do your thing.
- 110. I can't let Hiro outshine me forever.
- 111. Right.
- 112. Try to contact us now and th—
- 113. H-H-Hey!
- 114. Okay, take care, guys.
- 115. And I'll go find that thing
you asked for, Ikuno.
- 116. Yeah, yeah.
- 117. Thanks.
- 118. Later!
- 119. Goro's changed a lot, hasn't he?
- 120. Through this cycle of meetings and partings,
- 121. we're gradually growing
up and becoming adults.
- 122. Hiro, Zero Two...
- 123. How are you two doing?
- 124. It's just a little bit
lonely without you here.
- 125. But we're giving our all to our lives here
so we can face you with our heads held high.
- 126. And then,
- 127. we passed two years since that fateful day.
- 128. Darling.
- 129. Darling?
- 130. Are you okay?
- 131. Sorry, looks like I fell asleep.
- 132. That's unusual.
- 133. You seem to be really weak.
- 134. Don't push yourself.
- 135. Thanks, but I'll be fine.
- 136. Zero Two, I had a dream.
- 137. A dream?
- 138. A dream about the gang.
- 139. They were all living good lives.
- 140. Yeah?
- 141. Darling, we're nearing the
enemy's home planet now.
- 142. You feeble lifeform, bound to your flesh...
- 143. VIRM!
- 144. Heed my voice.
- 145. Don't even bother.
- 146. Darling won't listen to y—
- 147. What?
- 148. Is that... Hringhorni?
- 149. This is our territory.
- 150. Feeble one, let me deliver
you from your suffering.
- 151. Let's do this, darling.
- 152. Darling?
- 153. Darling?
- 154. Darling?
- 155. Hang in there, darling!
- 156. Why?
- 157. Why can't I hear his voice,
when he's right here?
- 158. Zero Two... Zero Two!
- 159. You're right here, but your
voice is growing distant.
- 160. What did you do to my darling?
- 161. Gently caressed his surface
consciousness, that's all.
- 162. Every physical body has its limits,
- 163. and he is but a frail human.
- 164. You two may have a shallow connection,
- 165. but as a pure klaxosaur crystallization,
you are not a good match for him.
- 166. No!
- 167. Stop!
- 168. It's so quiet.
- 169. Where am I going?
- 170. I vowed to be with you forever, so why
can't I stand with you until the end?
- 171. Is it because I'm human?
- 172. Darling's... My darling's mind is fading!
- 173. Please, I beg you...
- 174. Guys...
- 175. Please save my darling!
- 176. Darling! Darling!
- 177. What's the matter, Ai?
- 178. You know you can't do that.
- 179. Papa, darling!
- 180. Is something wrong, Papa?
- 181. Well, Kokoro-san... Ow!
- 182. Jeez, I keep telling you to call me "Mama."
- 183. Uh, she's...
- 184. Darling!
- 185. Why? She shouldn't know that word yet.
- 186. Could it be...
- 187. We should let everyone know!
- 188. I'd heard it was originally yours,
- 189. so I wasn't sure whether to show you.
- 190. I'm sure I can only stand here
now because of this mirror.
- 191. I should be grateful.
- 192. Come with me, you two!
- 193. This Zero Two is linked to the one in space?
- 194. I can't say for sure, but yeah.
- 195. Even if it is, how are
we gonna talk to her?
- 196. We should all link up, too.
- 197. And so, we started praying to the skies.
- 198. All day, all night. More and more
people joined us by the day,
- 199. and we all screamed our throats hoarse
at something that may not be there.
- 200. I can hear all their voices!
- 201. Hey, darling!
- 202. Can you hear them, too?
- 203. Listen, we're doing our best here on Earth!
- 204. We haven't forgotten about
you two, you hear me?
- 205. Not a day goes by when
we don't think about you!
- 206. Squad 13 isn't complete with you two,
- 207. but we've gained loads of new friends, too!
- 208. I'll never let you guys outshine me!
- 209. I'm gonna take my own path in life!
- 210. That's right!
- 211. We promise we'll all find our
happiness, no matter what!
- 212. I've decided to make the most
of the time I have left.
- 213. Hiro! We gave our child a name!
- 214. Just like you gave us all our names!
- 215. It's Ai, for love!
The word we were never taught!
- 216. I read an old book and learned that
having a deep bond like you two
- 217. means you love each other.
- 218. And we want our child to inherit that bond!
- 219. That's what we decided!
- 220. I hear their voices...
- 221. "Ai"?
- 222. That's right. Humans are strong.
- 223. Zero Two?
- 224. This is something you started.
- 225. You've always yelled out that you want to
be there and live together with everyone.
- 226. It's not something to be proud of.
- 227. Mine was just a petty, selfish wish.
- 228. I thoughtlessly rushed toward everything,
- 229. and I caused trouble for everyone.
- 230. But that's how badly you
wanted to live, right?
- 231. That's why you yelled to me that
you wanted to be here, right?
- 232. You dazzled me.
- 233. Your pained expression, and your tears...
- 234. They were exactly the
humanity I always wanted.
- 235. And so, we were bound by a kiss.
- 236. A kiss is a symbol of saying, "You're mine
and mine alone. You're special to me."
- 237. We met by chance and were attracted
to each other by nature.
- 238. Now, say my name, darling!
- 239. Zero Two!
- 240. It's time for us to become one!
- 241. We are the Jian!
- 242. I feel your blood coursing through my veins!
- 243. You're dying every part of me in your colors!
- 244. I was blessed and happy to meet you all!
- 245. I'm glad I was born into this world!
- 246. I love you, darling!
- 247. Same here, Zero Two!
- 248. I love you, too!
- 249. Commence implanting!
- 250. What?
- 251. Not yet!
- 252. We've gotta rewrite that story
and continue it together!
- 253. Zero Two...
- 254. I'm becoming one with you.
- 255. You are me...
- 256. and you are me.
- 257. We'll probably vanish soon.
- 258. But the path we've walked won't ever fade,
- 259. because the others will take it even further.
- 260. It doesn't matter how long it takes.
- 261. If we have souls,
- 262. I swear I'll meet you again on Earth.
- 263. I love you, Zero Two.
- 264. I feel the same.
- 265. I love you, too, darling.
- 266. All of you so-called souls...
- 267. Are you going back to
be caged in your bodies?
- 268. You willingly choose to be
shackled by pain and sorrow?
- 269. VIRM will not die.
- 270. I'm sure we will face off once
again at the apex of evolution...
- 271. So long as this universe
contains a flicker of life.
- 272. It's over, huh?
- 273. Did our prayers reach them?
- 274. I'm sure they did!
- 275. Thanks to them, this planet can
go back and start from square one.
- 276. Mama?
- 277. Take as long as you want,
- 278. but make sure you both come back here.
- 279. We'll keep our home up and running
so you can return anytime.
- 280. Hey...
- 281. That bright light shone upon
us for three days straight.
- 282. And a few days later, many klaxosaurs
returned to Earth from the battle,
- 283. dove straight into the earth,
and became a part of it.
- 284. Hachi said that maybe they decided
to let mankind have Earth.
- 285. And eight years passed.
- 286. As we decided to rebuild our lives on Earth,
- 287. we made a vow.
- 288. A vow to stop using what little
magma energy we had left.
- 289. Because it's a symbol of
the klaxosaurs' bonds,
- 290. and something very precious
to the planet itself.
- 291. But that decision brought our
lives adversity after adversity.
- 292. Because we had to conjure up a
self-sufficient lifestyle out of thin air.
- 293. Using our meager food
reserves as a foundation...
- 294. we gradually made everything
we needed to live.
- 295. And then, we finished the
rest of that picture book.
- 296. So that those two would forever be as one,
- 297. and so that future generations
would know about them.
- 298. God, you suck.
- 299. Is there anything we can do for them?
- 300. We don't age, and we're stuck in
the middle, neither adults nor children.
- 301. We have but one duty.
- 302. To reach out to humanity's future
and continue to watch over it.
- 303. Jeez, you're always so unyielding.
- 304. Well, I don't have emotions.
- 305. But that's why you're here.
- 306. If you stayed by my side forever,
would I also be able to change?
- 307. Hey, hey, Hachi!
- 308. Come with us!
- 309. Sure.
- 310. I'll be right back.
- 311. Don't worry. You've already changed.
- 312. So have I.
- 313. And we will all continue to change.
- 314. Looking at this really drives home
how many pipsqueaks we have now.
- 315. Mr. Zorome!
- 316. Ms. Nana was mad that you
skipped the teachers' meeting.
- 317. Totally mad!
- 318. It's fine. I don't have to
attend those stupid meetings.
- 319. Bad girls need to punished!
- 320. Take that!
- 321. Hey.
- 322. Ack... Miku.
- 323. Quit slacking off and help us out here.
- 324. Shaddup! I was just about to start!
- 325. Oh, really? Sure didn't look that way to me.
- 326. Come off it. I'm just busy with stuff.
- 327. What stuff?
- 328. You know, stuff.
- 329. Those two were arguing again.
- 330. Even on a day for everyone to
meet up? They never change.
- 331. Everything looks good.
- 332. It's growing fine.
- 333. Thanks, Ikuno.
- 334. You're going to be a mom, huh?
- 335. I wonder what your baby will be like...
- 336. I'm here, Ikuno.
- 337. Futoshi?
- 338. Want to try my new bread recipe?
- 339. You haven't lost any weight at all.
- 340. Quiet, you.
- 341. And it was Ikuno's fault
that I regained my appetite.
- 342. It's all thanks to your research
- 343. that us ex-parasites' accelerated
aging is being kept in check.
- 344. Your bread's really special, too.
- 345. All the kids here grow up eating it.
- 346. Kokoro and Mitsuru are having their fourth.
- 347. I heard.
- 348. You're one to talk.
- 349. Oh.
- 350. We're good here, so get going.
- 351. Yeah.
- 352. Where's Goro?
- 353. He'll get here soon.
- 354. He's still traveling all over the place?
- 355. But you know what he said?
- 356. He wants to stay put by your side
for a while, for the baby's sake.
- 357. Yeah.
- 358. We're all grown up now, huh?
- 359. Your mental age disagrees.
- 360. We're nothing like the adults
we grew up watching, though.
- 361. Anything goes, as long as we're
good role models for our kids.
- 362. Hiro, Zero Two...
- 363. We're all living strong,
with our own lives now.
- 364. You two were the ones who showed us how to...
- 365. enjoy every experience.
- 366. Fight when you have to.
- 367. Keep working toward your goal.
- 368. Never half-ass things, and go all-out.
- 369. Try and get to know another person better.
- 370. Choose your destiny with your own hands.
- 371. Be honest with your feelings.
- 372. And be someone's wings.
- 373. In that sense, I know that you two
were more human than anybody else.
- 374. One day, for sure.
- 375. Yeah. One day, for sure.
- 376. Stop running! You'll fall!
- 377. I'll be fine!
- 378. Ow...
- 379. You okay?
- 380. Who are you?
- 381. Me?
- 382. My name is...