- 1. This is VIRM's will.
- 2. Star Entity is a mass of life that
could disturb the universe's peace.
- 3. As such, if the klaxosaur princess
took over the implanting process,
- 4. we programmed it to explode.
- 5. Papa?
- 6. The die has been cast.
- 7. This planet will explode,
leaving nothing behind.
- 8. What's going on?
- 9. Who are you?
- 10. We have assimilated several lifeforms
from all over the universe
- 11. and helped them break free of
the shells of their bodies.
- 12. And the time has come for you
humans to embrace your evolution.
- 13. Wh-What?
- 14. There exists a form of pleasure
that is gentle and perpetual,
- 15. and you will now experience it.
- 16. Damn!
- 17. Zero Two!
- 18. It's all or nothing.
- 19. What is this?
- 20. Just how long have you been alive?
- 21. You've been living all by yourself
since before humans existed?
- 22. Darling...
- 23. Command! Please come in, Command!
- 24. Papa!
- 25. H-Hey! Who are we supposed to fight here?
- 26. The klaxosaurs, obviously!
That's how it's always been!
- 27. But she said the ones that came
from the sky were invaders.
- 28. It doesn't matter who the enemy is.
- 29. All I can do is fight.
- 30. Since the detonation stalled
once Code 016 connected...
- 31. It's a backdoor code?
- 32. Backdoor code?
- 33. It's targeting the Stampede Mode.
- 34. They set it up so the mode's overload
would cause an internal explosion.
- 35. They got me.
- 36. They got me good!
- 37. If this thing blows,
the planet will go with it.
- 38. And Code 016 prevented that?
- 39. All he's done is slow it down.
- 40. As things stand, it will reach critical in...
- 41. That's how much time
my darling bought us, huh?
- 42. Code 002?
- 43. Uh, isn't it too dangerous to stay here?
- 44. What else are we supposed to do?
- 45. Calm down. We should assume we won't
get any more orders from above.
- 46. We'll have to deal with this ourselves.
- 47. Weren't they saying something
strange in the last message?
- 48. Yeah, about using Star Entity
as a bomb or something.
- 49. They also said the whole planet would explode.
- 50. Yeah, that wasn't normal.
- 51. What does that mean?
- 52. Wasn't that thing supposed
to put an end to the war?
- 53. We should go and see for ourselves.
- 54. If the bomb thing is real, we don't
have time to stand around.
- 55. Yeah. I'm also worried
about Hiro and Zero Two.
- 56. Good point... Okay.
- 57. We're heading back...
- 58. to Gran Crevasse!
- 59. It's no use.
- 60. VIRM got me.
- 61. We've lost.
- 62. And what is this "VIRM"?
- 63. Who are those guys that came from
the sky, the ones you people fought?
- 64. When I connected with you, I felt it.
- 65. I felt the passing of an
unbelievable amount of time.
- 66. When did it all begin?
- 67. She called me a fake.
- 68. What was that about?
- 69. She is the sole survivor of the klaxo sapiens,
- 70. and you are her clone.
- 71. It has been more than
sixty million years now.
- 72. We inhabited this planet as a civilization
far more advanced than yours.
- 73. But one day, VIRM arrived.
- 74. They were a group mind
with no physical bodies,
- 75. and they wanted us to join them.
- 76. Join them?
- 77. They were telling us to
cast aside our bodies.
- 78. We refused, and war broke out.
- 79. During that centuries-long war,
- 80. we reforged ourselves into immortal weapons
- 81. and evolved into what you
people call klaxosaurs.
- 82. By the time we finally fought off VIRM,
- 83. fighting and warfare was all that
remained of our civilization.
- 84. We had even lost our ability to procreate.
- 85. But things did not end there.
- 86. The enemy we had fought off
was but VIRM's vanguard.
- 87. With no innate form,
- 88. they keep expanding, adding the weapons of
the planets they devour to their arsenal.
- 89. No...
- 90. To prepare for VIRM's inevitable return,
- 91. we went underground.
- 92. The weak turned themselves into energy,
- 93. and the strong combined to evolve
into even stronger weapons.
- 94. That's how the klaxo sapiens built
Star Entity, a collective mass of klaxosaurs.
- 95. Only a klaxo sapien can operate it.
- 96. The klaxosaur princess has probably lived
millions of years for that very purpose.
- 97. Zero Two, you were created to operate
Star Entity on behalf of the human race.
- 98. I created you from her DNA.
- 99. Even if victory was impossible,
- 100. I wanted to take down as
many of them as I could.
- 101. But this is the end.
- 102. It's all over.
- 103. Is it really the end?
- 104. Is there really nothing more you can do?
- 105. That's right.
- 106. Many specimens were born,
but failed to survive.
- 107. You were the only success.
- 108. Eventually, with the idea of using
them either as backups or stamens,
- 109. I created clones using your cells, too.
- 110. But they didn't inherit the klaxosaur blood.
- 111. My... clones?
- 112. The 9's.
- 113. You guys...
- 114. Why are you here?
- 115. This isn't your post.
- 116. Leaving your post without permission
can be considered disobeying orders.
- 117. Return to your assignment
and follow Papa's orders.
- 118. That's meaningless at this point! The bomb—
- 119. That isn't your call to make. It's Papa's.
- 120. And we can't get in touch with him!
- 121. We have to analyze the situation
and make our own decisions!
- 122. "Our own decisions"? Do you guys
think you're special or something?
- 123. Papa's words are absolute!
- 124. Damn monsters.
- 125. Kill every last one of them!
- 126. They're nuts.
- 127. Ichigo! Now's our chance!
- 128. Y-Yeah! Let's hurry!
- 129. Kokoro!
- 130. Let's go.
- 131. Y-Yeah.
- 132. What is with those guys?
- 133. Delta! To your left!
- 134. What?
- 135. Delta!
- 136. Upsilon!
- 137. Hang on, you two!
- 138. We'll get rid of them right away!
- 139. No! I don't wanna die!
- 140. H-Help me!
- 141. Screw you...
- 142. Screw you!
- 143. Okay, I'm going.
- 144. Going where?
- 145. To bring my darling back.
- 146. Don't push yourself.
- 147. My darling's waiting for me.
- 148. What can you do there?
- 149. Star Entity is probably
rigged with VIRM traps.
- 150. Even if you took it back, you'd only
end up falling into them.
- 151. So what?
- 152. The klaxosaur princess? VIRM?
- 153. I don't care.
- 154. I don't care if I'm a fake
or a monster or whatever.
- 155. My darling and I promised
to be together forever,
- 156. and that we'd go get the
other if we were torn apart.
- 157. But we learned that the door to the
entry point only opens for Code 001.
- 158. I'll go with her.
- 159. Doctor?
- 160. Guys...
- 161. Zero Two!
- 162. 016's connection has delayed
their plans, if only briefly.
- 163. He is most definitely an
unknown factor to VIRM.
- 164. The klaxosaur princess, 016, and you...
- 165. The three of you together
could create a miracle.
- 166. Really?
- 167. It's a highly optimistic view
with no basis whatsoever.
- 168. Some might call it blind hope.
- 169. Still...
- 170. It's much better than
standing no chance at all.
- 171. Jeez, they don't give up!
- 172. Now there's another!
- 173. It's caved in!
- 174. No! We'll have to take a detour!
- 175. There's not enough time!
- 176. Get back, guys.
- 177. What are you thinking, Ikuno?
- 178. Futoshi! We're going to open up a path!
- 179. Right on!
- 180. Wait, Ikuno! If you do that...
- 181. You okay?
- 182. Ikuno!
- 183. Your hair!
- 184. Damn it!
- 185. Go, Ichigo!
- 186. How could I?
- 187. I'll stay behind.
- 188. You all go ahead.
- 189. Hell no!
- 190. You're not throwing your life away!
We're staying with you!
- 191. Miku...
- 192. Kokoro.
- 193. I agree with them. We should
fight together here.
- 194. Either way, we'll need manpower
to hold these guys off.
- 195. There you have it! Get going already!
- 196. Ichigo...
- 197. Got it.
- 198. Get Hiro for us, Zero Two.
- 199. After we save the world,
let's have a big feast together!
- 200. We'll make a bunch of your
favorite sweet things, too!
- 201. Sure.
- 202. Take care of Chlorophytum!
- 203. And don't you dare die!
- 204. Let's go!
- 205. Welp, leader's orders.
- 206. Miku! We're gonna survive, no matter what!
- 207. Of course!
- 208. Here they come!
- 209. Why?
- 210. Why do you still struggle?
- 211. This battle was never yours to fight.
- 212. I was the same.
- 213. I was the same as you people.
- 214. I never doubted for a second that
my purpose in life was to fight,
- 215. and I wasn't afraid to die.
- 216. But you know what I learned?
- 217. You don't call that living.
- 218. Meeting Zero Two helped me understand.
- 219. The time we spend crying, laughing,
and falling in love is truly valuable,
- 220. and I realized I wanted to protect it all.
- 221. But if we march into death,
we'll lose everything.
- 222. It'll all be gone.
- 223. And I'm not having that!
I will never give up!
- 224. I promised her that I'd be with her forever!
- 225. I don't live to fight anymore.
- 226. I'm going to fight to live.
- 227. Is that Hringhorni?
- 228. Who's operating it?
- 229. Hey, Papa, say something...
- 230. What are we to do?
- 231. Crap! It's going to catch up!
- 232. How much farther, Zero Two?
- 233. I see it!
- 234. Over there!
- 235. They keep coming.
- 236. Go! Get Hiro for us!
- 237. Both of you had better come back together.
- 238. If either of you is missing,
you'll have hell to pay!
- 239. You two...
- 240. You're not getting past!
- 241. Damn it all!
- 242. Ichigo! Goro!
- 243. Dig in. It's your master's arm.
- 244. Doctor?
- 245. Why?
- 246. That contains the princess's cells.
- 247. They didn't turn me into a klaxosaur
like I wanted, but this will do.
- 248. Get going.
- 249. Doctor?
- 250. It's the least I could do to atone.
- 251. I won't ask for forgiveness.
Feel free to hate me.
- 252. I deserve it for what I've done to you.
- 253. Are you telling me to ride you?
- 254. Got it.
- 255. Hey.
- 256. Did you take me to Plantation 13
to reunite me with my darling?
- 257. Who knows?
- 258. It's not like I was expecting you
two to rekindle what you had.
- 259. It was just a scientist's whim, a fancy.
- 260. That's so you.
- 261. Doctor, I should say this before I go.
- 262. Thank you for creating me and
helping me meet my darling.
- 263. When did she become so human?
- 264. Thank you.
- 265. Strelizia...
- 266. Wait for me, darling.
- 267. Darling!
- 268. Darling!
- 269. I'm here for you! I kept my promise!
- 270. Hey, darling!
- 271. Wake up! Open your eyes!
- 272. Why aren't you saying anything? Talk to me!
- 273. Hey, hey...
- 274. Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!
- 275. I'm talking to you, darling!
- 276. No...
- 277. So it didn't work.
- 278. I will never accept this.
- 279. I will never give up.
- 280. Wait for me, darling.
- 281. Is this what living is for you?
- 282. We believed that by abandoning
our ties and embracing solitude,
- 283. we could perfect ourselves,
make ourselves stronger.
- 284. However...
- 285. Perhaps some lives only shine
in unison with another.
- 286. Very well.
- 287. I shall give you every ounce of
strength that remains within me.
- 288. Whether or not you can take over
the controls will be up to you.
- 289. I stake this planet's future on you two.
- 290. Darling...
- 291. Darling.
- 292. Zero Two?
- 293. I kept my promise.
- 294. I believed you would.
- 295. Everyone helped.
- 296. Right.
- 297. I missed you, Zero Two.
- 298. Same here, darling.
- 299. What's this?
- 300. Humans, we shall take flight once more.
- 301. Decide whether you want
to fight or accept your ruin.
- 302. Strelizia is rejecting all
attempts at interference.
- 303. It broke free of our program?
- 304. Right now, I feel you closer
to me than ever before.
- 305. I know what you're thinking
like the back of my own hand.
- 306. No matter what happens from here on out,
- 307. our hearts will always be as one, darling!
- 308. I see it... I see it!
- 309. Ah, how beautiful you are,
- 310. my Apath...
- 311. Strelizia Apath!
- 312. We have no choice.
- 313. We'll settle for the lance of
life built from klaxosaurs.
- 314. We wanted more, but we'll withdraw for now.
- 315. But know that we will return.
- 316. And when we do, we will bring our full army
- 317. and erase this planet from existence.
- 318. Papa...
- 319. We did it, Zero Two.
- 320. Zero Two?