- 1. You guys remember "Candle Cove"?
- 2. In 1988, five kids went missing.
- 3. The Iron Hill Murders. Never solved.
- 4. Look who's back in the middle of things.
- 5. A lot of folks just like
you and your mom lost people.
- 6. How are you holding up having him home?
- 7. It's so strange. I barely know him.
- 8. - Pay the toll.
- Shove it up your ass.
- 9. Get him, Gene!
- 10. It did something to my brother.
- 11. It can make people do things.
- 12. - Hi, Daddy.
- What is it, Lily?
- 13. You have to go inside.
- 14. Eddie. I did it.
- 15. - Did what?
- I killed him.
- 16. Mike, I need you to come
down to the station with me.
- 17. It's something that your mom told me.
- 18. You missed the turn.
- 19. Where are you taking me?
- 20. Okay.
- 21. Ahh.
- 22. 11 years old.
- 23. Okay, make a wish. Both of you.
- 24. Why don't you trade?
Make each other's wish?
- 25. Better do something good for me, Eddie.
- 26. We share.
- 27. Whatever you have, I have, too.
- 28. Ready?
- 29. One...
- 30. Two, three.
- 31. - Yay.
- Yeah, there you got it.
- 32. Good job.
- 33. Did you wish for something good?
- 34. - I did.
- Don't tell her what it was.
- 35. It won't come true.
- 36. Yeah, you're not too
good at keeping secrets.
- 37. Gosh, a treasure chest.
- 38. Careful now, Percy.
- 39. That box might be locked for a reason.
- 40. And once you let bad things out,
- 41. you can never put them back.
- 42. Blow away, Mr. Cloud.
- 43. It's a treasure chest.
- 44. Pirates love treasure.
- 45. Oh!
- 46. Oh!
- 47. Oh, Marla, you scared me.
- 48. I-I'd like to talk to Mike.
- 49. Why would Mike be here?
- 50. Well, Gary, he, um, brought
him in just a little while ago.
- 51. No, I, uh, I haven't
seen Gary all night.
- 52. Well, if Gary didn't bring him here,
- 53. where did he take him?
- 54. Are you saying Gary
took Mike into custody?
- 55. Gary, I don't know
what my mother told you,
- 56. but my intention here is to
help Katie and Dane and...
- 57. You remember the old Iverson place?
- 58. Jess was the listing agent.
- 59. The house needed a lot of
work, but it had good bones.
- 60. So we decided that we
gonna grab it for ourselves.
- 61. We had all these plans to fix it up.
- 62. Never got a chance.
- 63. Some rich guy from Cleveland
bought it out from under us.
- 64. Paid all cash.
- 65. And gutted the place.
- 66. You know how these guys are.
- 67. Gets bored, never finishes.
- 68. So now the house is on the market again.
- 69. Jess is the listing agent.
- 70. But it'll never be ours.
- 71. The price is too high.
- 72. He's not answering.
- 73. Went to voicemail.
- 74. Any idea where Gary
would have taken him?
- 75. What the hell is going on?
- 76. Um, what are we doing here?
- 77. Once the truth is out,
you got to face it.
- 78. Sit.
- 79. Bologna.
- 80. Bologna.
- 81. In Italy they call it "Mortadella."
- 82. Mortadella.
- 83. Jacob.
- 84. Bless us, O Lord, and these, Thy gifts,
- 85. which we are about to
receive from Thy bounty.
- 86. Through Christ our Lord...
- 87. Blessed be God,
- 88. the Father of our Lord, Jesus Christ,
- 89. the Father of all mercies,
- 90. who comforteth us in
all of our tribulation.
- 91. Our bodies...
- 92. even mine, believe it or not...
- 93. have 11 systems.
- 94. Digestive...
- 95. muscular...
- 96. circulatory...
- 97. respiratory...
- 98. skeletal...
- 99. You shouldn't have opened
that box, shark bait.
- 100. But now you let me out,
- 101. and I'll have your hide!
- 102. Jawbone's the name and...
- 103. skinning's my game.
- 104. Immune,
- 105. nervous...
- 106. Endocrine,
- 107. reproductive.
- 108. Gary.
- 109. What's going on right now?
- 110. Hi, Mike.
- 111. Daphne.
- 112. Tim.
- 113. What are we doing here?
- 114. I don't like my phone
ringing at the break of dawn,
- 115. but Gary here says, "Wake up.
- 116. "Get on out here because it looks like
- 117. "all that Friday night
talk over the years,
- 118. "you know, hey, you think that, uh,
- 119. "maybe given certain details,
- 120. "the Painter family knew
more about the murders
- 121. "than they're letting on?
- 122. "Looks like they were
true because Mike Painter
- 123. just confessed to one of them."
- 124. Well, Mike, we're
gonna have a little chat
- 125. that's long overdue
because, I'll be honest,
- 126. I always thought your family
had something to do with it.
- 127. We just want to talk, Mike.
- 128. Okay. I'm happy to talk.
- 129. Just untie me.
- 130. You can talk like that.
- 131. Just tell the truth, Mike.
- 132. Okay, this is the truth.
- 133. 28 years ago, somebody made
a TV show called "Candle Cove"
- 134. and broadcast it on a dead channel.
- 135. It influenced the kids who saw it,
- 136. and before it was over five
of those kids were dead.
- 137. You killed your brother Eddie.
- 138. You killed your brother, Mike,
- 139. then you left Iron Hill.
- 140. The murders stopped. The
- 141. Then 28 years later, you come back,
- 142. everything starts again, right away.
- 143. You're looking in the right direction,
- 144. but you're making the wrong connection.
- 145. So are you telling me
that my kids wouldn't be
- 146. in the hospital if you hadn't come back?
- 147. I want to show you something.
- 148. Jacob Booth.
- 149. Mrs. Booth's only son.
- 150. Sadie Williams.
- 151. My cousin.
- 152. She taught me how to kiss.
- 153. Carl Cutter. The cut-up.
- 154. My brother Gene.
- 155. Tim.
- 156. That's what we're doing here, Mike.
- 157. Me and Tim are not cops right now.
- 158. We're all just people who lost people,
- 159. and before you go into the system,
- 160. we want to know exactly what
you did and why you did it.
- 161. Where's your brother, Fainter?
- 162. Where's yours?
- 163. Go home, dickless wonder.
- 164. Want me to break your fingers, too?
- 165. Want to see something cool?
- 166. Me and Eddie found it.
- 167. Figured you would know what to do.
- 168. Bullshit.
- 169. It's worth money, but okay.
- 170. - Where you going, Mike?
- The Crow's Nest.
- 171. Gary, are you home?
- 172. Are you here? Gary?
- 173. I'm gonna drive over to Tim's.
- 174. Gary?
- 175. Why don't you two stay here
in case Gary comes back?
- 176. I still have dreams about my brother.
- 177. And the look on my parents' faces
- 178. when we heard that he was dead.
- 179. I stopped eating.
- 180. Got so thin I almost died.
- 181. That's the worst thing
about losing someone, Mike.
- 182. It's not knowing how or why.
- 183. They wouldn't even tell me
what really happened to Gene,
- 184. but I found out, Mike.
- 185. Sure, he was a bully, and
we were redneck idiots,
- 186. but he looked out for me.
- 187. He didn't deserve to die
- 188. with his neck broke and his teeth gone.
- 189. I just dream about "Candle Cove."
- 190. That's because it's still there,
- 191. all the time,
- 192. working on us.
- 193. What about you, Gary? Tim?
- 194. You guys dream about it?
- 195. Because I do.
- 196. For 30 years, I've
been dreaming about it.
- 197. Always there, behind everything.
- 198. We all saw it. It did something to us.
- 199. "Candle Cove" was on TV the
same time as the murders.
- 200. That's the only connection.
- 201. I'm telling you, you're wrong.
- 202. The bottom line is,
you killed my brother.
- 203. You killed Eddie, and you killed Sadie.
- 204. - No, I didn't.
- You killed Jacob. You killed Carl.
- 205. - Come on.
- And now you're back in town here.
- 206. Mike, what are you gonna do?
- 207. - We shouldn't have done this.
- You gonna kill some more children?
- 208. Come on, Mike, it felt
pretty good to tell you mom
- 209. - about Eddie, right?
- You know what?
- 210. Now that I think about it,
- 211. I think that we've had
just about enough talk.
- 212. Maybe it's time for some
justice instead of talk!
- 213. - No, no, no, no, Tim!
- I didn't have a choice!
- 214. How are those fingers feeling?
- 215. You like "Candle Cove," Gene?
- 216. I don't watch that retard show.
- 217. Don't lie. I know you do.
- 218. You can't lie to the Skin-Taker.
- 219. The what?
- 220. Stop.
- 221. What are you doing to him?
- 222. Showing him stuff in his head.
- 223. He can't do anything now.
- 224. Here, boy.
- 225. Pay the toll.
- 226. Now you can go to Candle Cove.
- 227. Walk the plank.
- 228. Hey, wait!
- 229. Hey, wait!
- 230. Eddie killed them.
- 231. "Candle Cove" got into him.
- 232. It changed him.
- 233. Because he was vulnerable.
- 234. Because you made him vulnerable.
- 235. Tim. Gary.
- 236. You hurt him.
- 237. And I had to stop him.
- 238. Something's up.
- 239. I can't reach Gary or
Tim, and this thing with...
- 240. - Help! Help!
- Hang on.
- 241. Stop! Help.
- 242. These kids are hurting someone!
- 243. Hey!
- 244. Hey, drop those knives!
- 245. Oh, my God.
- 246. Oh, oh, you guys scared
the shit out of me.
- 247. Where'd you get that
thing from, science class?
- 248. Alex, Chloe, what's going on?
- 249. Why are you, uh... hey!
- 250. H-hey, get back here!
- 251. What?
- 252. Marla.
- 253. Why did Gary arrest Mike?
- 254. Mike...
- 255. did something unforgivable.
- 256. You mean you can't forgive him?
- 257. The last couple of years,
- 258. Mike and I started emailing.
- 259. Texts.
- 260. Like that.
- 261. At first, it was once in a while.
- 262. Then more.
- 263. And then every day.
- 264. It became...
- 265. important to me.
- 266. Did Gary know?
- 267. I didn't think so.
- 268. Then Mike went quiet on me.
- 269. Like he dropped off
the face of the Earth.
- 270. So I deleted everything.
- 271. Every last email.
- 272. It's been hard this year.
- 273. Gary had his hopes set on this...
- 274. this property in the countryside.
- 275. And when that fell apart,
- 276. he just got so...
- 277. It's not here.
- 278. What?
- 279. I know where Gary took Mike.
- 280. TV shows don't kill people, Mike.
- 281. Gary, think about your daughter.
- 282. She saw the show and one day
later she tries to kill Dane...
- 283. - No, she talked to you.
- No. No. No.
- 284. You got it... no.
- 285. Daphne.
- 286. You feel it.
- 287. You know it's true, don't you?
- 288. - Mike.
- It's okay, because I do, too.
- 289. Just tell them. Just tell them.
- 290. What do you dream about?
- 291. - Mike.
- Just tell them.
- 292. - Cut the therapy shit.
- He's right.
- 293. We knew it was connected somehow.
- 294. No. No, we don't know
anything like that at all.
- 295. Gary, we have to find
whoever made that show.
- 296. I saw it that day at the Crow's Nest.
- 297. Listen, Daphne, in the dreams,
- 298. what do you see?
- 299. A face that's just a skull?
- 300. The white eyes? You remember?
- 301. In the show. They called it Jawbone.
- 302. But in the dreams...
- 303. Okay. In the dreams?
- 304. It has a different name.
- 305. Well, I saw it that day.
- 306. A person dressed as Jawbone.
- 307. And whoever this person is,
he's still out there right now.
- 308. Okay, even if there is some
person out there, Mike...
- 309. What the hell is wrong with you, huh?
- 310. - Tim...
- This all points back to him.
- 311. This is not about a goddamn puppet show.
- 312. It was just a show
that aired on TV then.
- 313. His mom sends him away
and the murders stop.
- 314. He killed those kids.
- 315. - I didn't.
- 316. He killed Gene,
- 317. and maybe, just maybe, his
mother helped cover it up.
- 318. - Okay, look, even if he's lying...
- 319. we need to look at this,
we need to look in the woods
- 320. and just see what's going on
with what he's talking about.
- 321. What are you doing, Tim?
- 322. No, no, no. Tim, what are you doing?
- 323. This is going a little too far, Tim.
- 324. - We're done here, all right?
- Tim, Tim.
- 325. We're done.
- 326. I'm gonna take him in.
Give him a trial by jury.
- 327. - This is it.
- He can have a trial by jury right now.
- 328. - Okay, Tim.
- Fu... talking.
- 329. - Tim! Tim!
- I'm done talking!
- 330. This is not what we're here to do.
- 331. - Get out of the way, Gary.
- Now, listen to me.
- 332. You're gonna put that away.
- 333. We're gonna forget this ever happened.
- 334. - That's an order.
- 335. - Daphne, hang that up.
- I want to...
- 336. Now. Hang that up.
- 337. - I'm not moving, Tim.
- Tim, I didn't do anything.
- 338. - Get out of the way, Gary.
- I'm not moving, Tim.
- 339. You put that gun down. That's an order.
- 340. I'm sorry, Sheriff.
- 341. I'm just like Mike.
I don't have a choice.
- 342. Yeah, you do.
- 343. Don't!
- 344. 18 years a cop.
- 345. The first time you draw is on me.
- 346. We're gonna talk him to the station.
- 347. It was an accident.
- 348. An accident?
- 349. That's right. He tried to get your gun.
- 350. - Gary?
- What, Daphne?
- 351. Your wife's here.
- 352. - Hey.
- 353. What just happened?
- 354. Shut up!
- 355. That's enough.
- 356. Jess, you can't be here right now.
- 357. - Where's Mike?
- You got to leave.
- 358. - You got to leave. You got to leave.
- 359. - Is Mike inside?
- Let me handle this.
- 360. Daphne, give me the box cutter.
- 361. Mike! Are you in there?
- 362. Marla! Marla, get down
from there right now!
- 363. Marla, get down from there.
- 364. - Just let me inside.
- 365. - Oh, Gary...
- 366. Jess!
- 367. - Jess, he...
- Oh, my God.
- 368. Jess, he killed his brother.
- 369. We needed to find out what happened.
- 370. Have you lost your mind?
- 371. Tim!
- 372. Oh, my God.
- 373. Oh, shit.
- 374. It'll be okay.
- 375. It'll be okay.
- 376. Gary.
- 377. Jesus, Gary.
- 378. Mike.
- 379. I need you to tell me
what happened out there
- 380. and why.
- 381. Marla, maybe you should leave us alone.
- 382. No. I'll stay.
- 383. Watch amazing magic for free at the...
- 384. More troubling news in Iron Hill.
- 385. 12-year-old Carl Cutter
has been reported missing.
- 386. He was last seen
yesterday around 3:30...
- 387. What happened to Carl?
- 388. He's in Candle Cove.
- 389. You're saying he was... influenced
- 390. by this TV show?
- 391. A show no one can prove existed?
- 392. Yeah.
- 393. And this other person you saw,
- 394. this adult accomplice,
- 395. you have no idea who they were?
- 396. It's back.
- 397. Kids will watch it,
- 398. just like we did.
- 399. And when they do,
- 400. they may start to behave in ways that...
- 401. What?
- 402. What do you know?
- 403. Did something happen?
- 404. All I know...
- 405. is you confessed to killing Eddie,
- 406. and as acting sheriff,
that is a fact that I...
- 407. No, he didn't.
- 408. He didn't confess.
- 409. Gary misunderstood.
- 410. Gary misunderstood?
- 411. You just said Eddie
killed the other four kids,
- 412. and then you killed him.
- 413. Eddie killed the other four kids.
- 414. And then he disappeared.
- 415. So that's your story now?
- 416. It's the truth.
- 417. This is just the beginning.
- 418. Hey. Mike.
- 419. I can't sleep here.
- 420. We didn't mean to hurt anyone.
- 421. I tried to stop Tim.
- 422. We both did.
- 423. But he shot Mike,
- 424. and then Jessica and Marla showed up.
- 425. - And I just took off.
- Jesus. Is Mike all right?
- 426. I...
- 427. I hope so.
- 428. The shot went sideways.
- 429. It winged his arm.
- 430. I don't know what to tell you.
- 431. You're not exactly gonna go on the lam
- 432. and start a new life in Mexico.
- 433. You have to turn yourself in.
- 434. I know.
- 435. I will.
- 436. Attagirl.
- 437. You want something to drink?
- 438. Cocoa?
- 439. Is all that for us?
- 440. No.
- 441. I'll get you something stronger.
- 442. You shouldn't fu... with Mike Painter.
- 443. What is it? What happened?
- 444. It was a nightmare. Oh, God.
- 445. - Oh, God.
- You're okay.
- 446. You're okay.
- 447. Yeah, I'm fine now.
- 448. Oh, it was horrible.
- 449. Oh.
- 450. What is it?
- 451. I don't know.
- 452. Lily. It's my daughter.
- 453. Lily! Lily!
- 454. Lily! Lily!
- 455. What... what are you...
What are you doing here?
- 456. How did you? Baby?
- 457. Baby, look at me. What are you...
- 458. Are you okay? Are you okay?
- 459. Lily.
- 460. Are you... Lily?
- 461. Are you okay?
- 462. How did you get here?
- 463. Baby, look at me.
Look at me. Look at me.
- 464. How did you get here?
How did you get here?