- 1. How are the pressures
- 2. Pressures are good.
Oxygen saturation is 100%.
- 3. - Feel anything?
- 4. How about now?
- 5. And when he does that?
- 6. Nothing.
- 7. OK. All set, then.
- 8. Making initial incision.
Hand me the Bovie.
- 9. We've entered the peritoneum.
- 10. I can't believe I couldn't do it.
- 11. I couldn't push anymore.
- 12. Don't be ridiculous.
- 13. We've moved the bladder.
Here's the uterine incision.
- 14. Oh, God...
- Hey, it's gonna be fine.
- 15. I won't tell anybody
if you want to hold my hand.
- 16. OK, we're ready now.
How are the vitals?
- 17. Still good.
You're gonna feel a little pressure now.
- 18. - Uh-huh.
Occiput is visible
- 19. - and... baby is out.
- 20. Cutting the umbilical cord.
- 21. What is it?
- 22. What's...
- 23. - Say she's OK.
Hey, hey, hey. It's OK.
- 24. Oh, God! Oh, God...
- 25. Is she OK?
Just relax. Hold on. OK?
- 26. Good job.
- 27. She's great.
- 28. Oh, she's beautiful.
- 29. One, two, three and open your mouth
and eat this down, OK?
- 30. One, two, three, boo.
- 31. - No, no. Big "ah" and in it goes.
- 32. So, that's how it's gonna be,
- 33. I'm not a soldier.
- 34. You want me to take over?
- 35. I think your mother should know by now
that your grandfather's not a quitter.
- 36. - One, two, three, and...
- 37. I want to take Sara to the park.
You want to come?
- 38. No, I'm gonna pass if you don't mind.
- 39. I'd like to get at that painting,
get it finished.
- 40. - Mm, the horse?
- 41. - Yep. Have a good time.
- 42. Oh! No, no.
- 43. Mommy.
- 44. - Here we are!
- 45. Hi!
- 46. I thought it was you.
- 47. - This is Mikey.
- 48. - Hello, little guy.
- 49. Hey, there.
- 50. How old is he?
- He's seven months.
- 51. Wow. Congratulations.
Yeah. Thank you.
- 52. Kitty!
- 53. I'm so tired.
- 54. Hopefully he'll sleep through the night
one of these days.
- 55. Yeah, well, you're past that.
How old's Sara now?
- 56. Sara is three and she's... Sara!
- 57. Sara!
- 58. Come say hi to this little boy.
- 59. Sara?
- 60. - Sara?
- 61. Sara!
- 62. - Sara!
- 63. Sara!
- 64. Mommy's looking for you!
- 65. Sara!
- 66. - Hey, it's OK. We're gonna find her.
- 67. Hey, hey, lady!
- 68. I found her!
- 69. She was down by the track.
Fallen down the slope.
- 70. - Said she... she followed a cat?
- 71. - She followed a cat.
I'm so sorry.
- 72. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry.
I'm right here.
- 73. Oh, God, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry.
- 74. - Miss Sambrell?
- 75. And Sara, right? Follow me.
- 76. You have a recommendation,
so Sara will be part of our trial period.
- 77. - Well, it's been tested though, right?
- Of course.
- 78. - I mean, she's not, like, a guinea pig.
- It's all fully tested, perfectly safe.
- 79. This is just us fine-tuning our
subscription model before the full launch.
- 80. Look at the kids.
- 81. We're getting feedback on which features
our customers use most in the real world.
- 82. Uh-huh.
- Do you wanna go up? Yeah!
- 83. Response so far is just incredible.
The sense of security, peace of mind.
- 84. I mean, the stories we've been hearing,
- 85. - Can you see the screen?
- 86. - OK, then.
There you go.
- 87. - You like cartoons?
- 88. Yeah? Shimmer and Shine?
- 89. - Uh-huh.
- Mm-hmm. OK.
- 90. Then you watch that
and I won't be a moment. OK?
- 91. - That's it?
Mm-hmm. That's it.
- 92. So...
- 93. Let's get you all set up.
- 94. - I'll run you through everything. OK?
- 95. Feel free to ask any questions.
- 96. I'm just pairing it with Sara's implant.
- 97. OK. We're all set.
- 98. - So, this is Sara's current location,
- 99. which is here, of course.
- 100. Oh, look at that.
- 101. Now, if she ever goes missing,
all you have to do is tap here,
- 102. enter your PIN, and law enforcement
is automatically notified.
- 103. Wow, OK.
- 104. These are her vitals.
- 105. Healthy heartbeat. Oh, I see
her iron levels are a little low.
- 106. How is she eating?
- 107. Man, she's picky.
Um, she hates greens, so—
- 108. You might want to think about
- 109. - OK.
- 110. Now, tap this icon here...
- 111. Mm-hmm.
- ... to relay her optic feed.
- 112. This is what she's seeing now?
- 113. That's right.
- 114. - Whoa.
- 115. That's amazing.
- 116. Mommy! It's funny.
- 117. And there are parental controls
you can apply to that.
- 118. - Uh, controls?
- Content limitations.
- 119. If she witnesses something that causes
her cortisol levels to rise, like stress,
- 120. it can kind of paint out
whatever's triggering it.
- 121. - Let me show you.
- 122. Ooh.
- It's OK. Look.
- 123. See, the imagery causes
a cortisol spike, and this...
- 124. Filter on.
- 125. - ... is what she sees and hears.
- 126. Whoa. OK.
- 127. Yeah, I'm not sure that we'll...
- 128. - It's all optional.
- 129. OK.
- 130. How much?
- 131. Nothing. It's a free trial.
- 132. - Oh, free.
- 133. - Yeah.
- 134. And it's completely safe.
- 135. I'm sure it is, honey.
- 136. - I am 2,000 years old...
- 137. and I remember when we used to open up
the door and just let the kids be.
- 138. Mm. And I remember breaking my arm
because you wouldn't get a baby gate.
- 139. And how is the arm now?
- 140. Feels OK.
- 141. Are you there? Mommy!
- 142. Where are you?
- 143. Mommy?
- 144. Are you here?
- 145. Mommy?
- 146. - Oh, what's up, sweetheart?
- I'm looking for Mommy.
- 147. You're looking for Mommy?
I got no idea where she's at.
- 148. Upstairs. Go on. Go look upstairs.
- 149. Mommy, where are you?
- 150. Mommy, I hear you.
- 151. I'm gonna find you.
- 152. I hear you, Mommy.
- 153. Filter on.
- 154. You guys gonna be all right?
- 155. I raised you all right. You turned out OK.
- 156. Took you a while, but you did.
- 157. All right, sweetheart. I'll see you later.
- 158. Terrorize your grandpa. He can handle it.
- 159. Bye.
- 160. Bye.
- 161. Orange straw.
- 162. - OK, just push on my hand. OK.
- 163. Relax.
- 164. - Again. Is that all you got?
- 165. I think the range is getting better.
- 166. So how long till I can get back
on the bike again, you think?
- 167. I'd say two weeks
and maybe don't drive so fast.
- 168. Yeah, right.
- 169. OK. So, same time next week?
- 170. Uh, no, actually it's got to be Thursday.
I got plans Monday.
- 171. Something exciting?
- 172. Girlfriend's folks are in town, so nope.
- 173. - Oh, well, uh, Thursday it is.
- 174. Oh, I'm liking yours. That's the way.
- 175. You're not shy about using color, are you?
That's the way a real artist...
- 176. I'm gonna try this...
- 177. Sorry, honey. Just, uh...
- 178. Grandpa's gotta sit...
- 179. Ah!
- 180. - Grandpa?
- 181. Huh? Sara...
- 182. Sara...
- 183. Oh, my God!
- 184. OK, very good.
- 185. - The nurse left your thing on.
- Yeah, she probably forgot to take it off.
- 186. - I'll get it.
- I can get it.
- 187. - You good?
Quit bugging me. Jeez.
- 188. There you go.
- 189. It's warm in here.
- 190. I don't need that.
- 191. Give me that.
- 192. - Hey, Sara! One cookie.
- 193. Bad for your teeth.
- 194. Thanks.
- 195. What color for the hair?
- 196. Mom?
- 197. Uh, whatever you want.
- 198. But I'd say brunette.
- 199. [boy 1] He's got his arms in the air.
He's given up.
- 200. - He's got a stick out and...
- 201. - He just, like, pounds on him.
- Turn it off, Trick. It's gross.
- 202. What is it?
- 203. Great. The walking snitch.
- 204. She never snitches.
- [boy 2] She's just weird.
- 205. - I want to know what you're watching.
- What do you care, chip-head?
- 206. It's parental advisory. You're locked out.
- 207. I want to know.
- 208. You're better off not seeing it.
Wish I never did.
- 209. What if I tell you what's in it?
- 210. So, he brings it down, like, wham!
There's all this blood.
- 211. You seen much blood?
- 212. It's like juice. Thick, red juice.
- 213. Then the guy on the ground is all,
like, "Hell, no!"
- 214. And he keeps...
- 215. Oh, it's too much.
I'm fine to have my face on the flier,
- 216. but on the poster, it's like,
"Look at me."
- 217. Sara, what are you doing?
- 218. Sara!
- 219. What's happening in this picture?
- 220. Are they happy or...
- 221. They're talking.
- 222. Just talking?
- 223. I don't know what about.
- 224. How about that one?
I don't know.
- 225. Is she happy?
- 226. So is this, like, an autism thing?
- 227. The spectrum is wide,
but in my opinion, she's not on it.
- 228. But what about the pencils,
- 229. And these pictures are...
- 230. Has Sara ever shown
any undue anger before now?
- 231. No.
- 232. Well, then consider this part experiment,
part acting out, for your benefit.
- 233. The Arkangel never launched nationwide.
It was banned in Europe.
- 234. It'll be pulled here, too, by the fall.
- 235. I did this to her.
- 236. You can't remove the implant,
but you can get rid of the parental unit.
- 237. The screen.
- 238. Just throw it away. Problem solved.
- 239. Filter off.
- 240. Goodbye.
- 241. You're gonna be on your own today. OK?
- 242. No Arkangel.
- 243. The system isn't gonna be on.
- 244. OK? So, no fuzzy pictures.
- 245. And you won't see me?
- 246. I won't see you.
- 247. But, you do not have to be afraid.
I'm right down the street.
- 248. - You won't know if something happens?
- Nothing is gonna happen.
- 249. It's important that we do this.
- 250. You're gonna be fine.
- 251. Be good, sweetie.
- 252. Watch it, kid.
- 253. Come on, come on, come on.
- 254. OK! OK, this is enough!
- 255. Don't touch my stuff again, Trick.
- Yeah? I'll do what I want.
- 256. What do you want?
- 257. Are you OK?
- 258. Yeah, sure.
- 259. My dad's gonna see this and then bust it
all over again, 'cause I got in trouble.
- 260. Ever seen a bust lip before?
- 261. Mm... Not till now.
- 262. She turned the system off.
- 263. OK...
- 264. - This is porn. Like, people doing it.
- 265. They can't make babies that way.
They have to do it different for that.
- 266. - So this one's got a hacksaw
- 267. and he's gotta cut his own foot off.
- 268. - So, the terrorist guy...
- 269. OK, OK, keep an eye on the knife.
- 270. See?
- 271. - He's gonna take his whole head off!
- 272. Be good, sweetie.
- 273. Hey. Good boy, Petey.
- 274. You hang on in there.
- 275. - You added something.
- Oh, it's like a new kind of probiotic.
- 276. - It keeps your stools firm.
- Oh, Jesus, Mom.
- 277. Oh, you've got to be kidding!
When was the last time you went anywhere?
- 278. That's not dancing.
- 279. She said he was English.
- 280. - He's not English.
- He said "cup of tea," or something.
- 281. Doesn't mean anything.
Susan's an idiot.
- 282. Hey, it's Trick.
- 283. Holy fuck, he's got wheels!
- 284. Yo, Trick!
- 285. Hey, guys. What's up?
- 286. - Interesting hair.
- Shut up.
- 287. I'm fucking with you. It's cool.
- 288. - How are you doing?
- Didn't know you cared.
- 289. Maybe I don't.
- 290. - You a delivery guy now?
- Kinda, of sorts.
- 291. - Shut up.
- 292. Hmm... So intriguing. I gotta go.
- 293. Hey, uh, we're headed to Lake Dalston
later if you girls want to hang.
- 294. We'll think about it.
- 295. It'll be fun.
Why don't you just come?
- 296. Come on!
- 297. Like my dad's gonna let me
set foot in Trick's van.
- 298. Look, we tell our folks
we're at Reilly's for movie night.
- 299. Oh, come on, it'll work.
- 300. It's worth a shot, I guess.
- 301. So, anyhow...
- 302. - You and, uh, Trick, huh?
- 303. I'm not gonna do anything.
- 304. - Yeah, OK. Sure.
- Oh, fuck you!
- 305. Hey!
- 306. - Yay! You're home.
- 307. Not for long. I was gonna go to Reilly's
with Meryl. Movie night.
- 308. Oh, I thought movie night
was on Wednesday.
- 309. Her mom's got guests over then,
so we're doing tonight.
- 310. Gonna watch some vintage thing.
The Breakfast Gang.
- 311. The Breakfast Club.
- 312. That's it.
- 313. Um, be home, like, 11:30.
Her mom will drop me back.
- 314. Well, I might be heading out, too. So...
- 315. - Really?
- Yeah, really.
- 316. OK. Last one home's a rotten egg.
- 317. OK!
- 318. You look hot. Later.
- 319. I don't know...
- 320. She called me fat. I got over it.
I still remember it...
- 321. - Would you like some?
- Yeah, sure.
- 322. What was that?
I heard it.
- 323. - Cold?
- 324. Only a bit.
- 325. Come here.
- 326. It's late.
- 327. I should go.
- 328. Same time next week?
- 329. Hi, it's Sara.
Leave a message. Make it good.
- 330. Hey, it's Mom. All right, call me.
- 331. OK? All right, bye.
- 332. Hey.
- Hi, Ava. I was just wondering
- 333. if the girls were done with the movie.
- 334. What movie?
- 335. - Breakfast Club?
- They never ended up here.
- 336. - They didn't?
- No. Do you want to speak to Reilly?
- 337. I don't know.
I must have got my wires crossed.
- 338. - OK, thanks.
- All right.
- 339. Hello?
- Hi, it's Marie.
- 340. I was wondering
if Sara and Meryl were together.
- 341. They said they were headed down
- 342. No, I haven't seen them.
- 343. - Hi, it's Marie, Sara's mom.
- 344. - Yeah, I was just—
- What's up?
- 345. - Have you heard from her?
- Uh... no.
- 346. I'm sorry, I know it's late.
I was wondering, have you seen her?
- 347. No. Everything OK?
- No, everything's fine.
- 348. Hi, it's Sara.
Leave a message. Make it good.
- 349. Um, hey, it's Mom.
Where are you? Call me.
- 350. Hi, it's Sara.
Leave a message. Make it good.
- 351. Sara?
- 352. Sara?
- 353. Come on, come on, come on, come on,
come on, come on, come on.
- 354. Come on, come on!
Come on, come on, come on.
- 355. What is that?
- 356. Fuck me harder.
- 357. Fuck me.
- 358. - Oh, God, oh...
- 359. - Oh.
- 360. Oh.
- 361. Oh...
- 362. Here. Let me do it.
- 363. - My hands are warm.
- 364. - You gotta be a liar.
- 365. You said you'd never done that before.
- 366. No way you never done that before.
- 367. Swear to God.
- 368. You know, you didn't
have to talk like that.
- 369. Like what?
- 370. Like the porn stuff.
- 371. I mean, like, you don't
have to talk like that... for me.
- 372. OK.
- 373. - What?
- 374. Just... just you.
- 375. What about me?
- 376. You know...
- 377. You've got muscles, but...
- 378. you're a pussy.
- 379. - Yeah.
- 380. I'm busted.
My mom knows I'm not at Reilly's.
- 381. - Huh?
Yeah, I mean...
- 382. We gotta go, OK?
- 383. - Come on.
- 384. No lights.
Maybe she's still out.
- 385. Pretty sure she had a date.
- 386. Maybe she got laid.
- 387. Oh, please, that's gross.
- 388. - Sorry.
- Check out that laugh.
- 389. - Yeah?
- 390. Later.
- 391. Sara?
- 392. - Sorry, Mom. I am a little late.
- It's OK.
- 393. How was Reilly?
- 394. She's great.
- 395. I gotta go to bed.
- 396. - OK.
- Night, Mom.
- 397. I love you.
- 398. Hmm, probiotics.
- 399. I gotta go. I'm gonna be
a little late back from school.
- 400. Oh, yeah?
- 401. Said I'd help Meryl with a project.
She's being a dork about it, so...
- 402. - OK.
- See ya!
- 403. Bye!
- 404. Have a good afternoon.
Thank you, dear.
- 405. All right. What do you think?
- 406. OK, that's awesome,
but I can't put that on the van.
- 407. - Why not?
- Well, A, it's not my van,
- 408. and, B, it's better if I'm anonymous.
- 409. For your special delivery?
- 410. Maybe, yeah.
- 411. - You got any on you?
- Any what?
- 412. Oh, come on, Trick.
I'm not dumb. I know what you sell.
- 413. You got any?
- 414. It's not for you.
- 415. Bet it's in your backpack.
- 416. Under the seat... with tape.
- Sara, come here.
- 417. - Hey, Sara, give me that.
- Duct tape.
- 418. Give me that. No, no, no.
- 419. I bet it's in the pocket.
- Come on, give me that. No!
- 420. I'm making a little money on the side
so I can move out, OK?
- 421. It's not like I use that shit.
- 422. Have you tried it?
- 423. Of course I've tried it but, I mean,
it's not even good coke,
- 424. it's, like, average.
- 425. It's for people who like to talk about
themselves all the time. Yada yada yada.
- 426. - Show me what it looks like.
- 427. Come on. I just want to see.
- 428. Please.
- 429. Are you sure it's not sugar?
- 430. - Go away.
- 431. So, one of the things people do
is they put it, like...
- 432. - under their gum, bottom gum.
- 433. So...
- 434. Oh, ew...
- 435. All right, let's, uh, let's put it back.
- 436. - I don't think you should—
- I want to try some.
- 437. Just a little, just once.
- 438. Just once.
- 439. Whoa!
- 440. Ah!
- 441. Hi, can I help?
- I'm just looking.
- 442. Ma'am?
- 443. Excuse me? Are you Ryan Tribecky?
- 444. - You stay away from my daughter.
- Uh... I don't know what—
- 445. Sara. You know exactly
what I'm talking about. You stay away.
- 446. - OK, she's—
- She is 15, you junkie piece of shit.
- 447. You want the cops in on this?
- 448. - I didn't do anything.
- I will show them what you did.
- 449. OK, you stay away from her,
or I will show them this. OK?
- 450. You still got that system?
- 451. Yes, I have it. So whatever she sees,
I see, and I am watching you.
- 452. - OK.
- So you stay away.
- 453. OK, if she calls you, you hang up.
- 454. If she comes to see you,
you tell her to get away.
- 455. - You just stay away from her.
- I'll stay away.
- 456. - You stay the fuck away.
- 457. - Hey, Mom.
- 458. The mailbox
you're attempting to reach is full.
- 459. Please try again.
- 460. Sara?
- 461. Hey, dinner's ready.
- 462. I'm not hungry.
- 463. It's Mexican.
- 464. Please, I just...
- 465. I'm tired, and I want to sleep, OK?
- 466. OK.
- 467. So you're cutting me out.
- 468. Standard dick move.
That's what this is, right?
- 469. Look at me.
- 470. - Why can't you just look at me?
- It was a mistake.
- 471. It didn't seem like a mistake
from where I was laying.
- 472. I can't be with you.
- 473. What the fuck?
- 474. I don't want to be with you.
- 475. I don't want you, OK?
- 476. You know what?
- 477. Fuck you.
- 478. - Hey, Mom.
- 479. OK, so why is he so down?
- 480. Oedipus says things like:
- 481. "Let the storm burst,
my fixed resolve still holds." Or:
- 482. "Nothing can make me other
than what I am."
- 483. He still holds himself
- 484. He doesn't blame fate
for what's happened to him.
- 485. Moral responsibility implies the existence
of free will,
- 486. but actually...
- 487. - You feeling any better?
- 488. So, listen...
- 489. I had to run some tests,
in case we had a noro outbreak here.
- 490. Honey, it was the EC pill
that made you sick.
- 491. - EC?
- Emergency contraception.
- 492. For terminating your pregnancy.
- 493. There's no...
There's no pregnancy.
- 494. Seriously, I'm... I'm not...
- 495. I can't... I haven't...
- 496. I understand, sweetheart.
- 497. And it will work,
in spite of the vomiting.
- 498. You don't have to worry about that.
- 499. You're not pregnant anymore.
- 500. I gotta put it in your file,
but I don't have to flag it.
- 501. And I want you to know I got your back.
- 502. Please.
- 503. Sara?
- 504. Sara?
- 505. You watched me.
- 506. No, I... honey...
- 507. - Honey...
- You watched me with him.
- 508. - I... No, I didn't mean to.
- Give it to me.
- 509. - Give it...
- 510. I was trying to protect you.
I was trying to keep you safe.
- 511. How do you turn it off?
- 512. - Everything I've done, I've done for you.
- 513. Honey, I love you—
- Shut up!
- 514. Sara—
- 515. Shut up!
- 516. Sara! Sara!
- 517. Filter off, off, off...
- 518. Off...
- 519. Sara?
- 520. Sara?
- 521. Sara?
- 522. - I love you.
- 523. Sara!
- 524. - No... No...
- 525. Sara!
- 526. Sara!
- 527. Sara!