- 1. I'm gonna have to ask you
to switch that off for now.
- 2. Okay, thanks.
- 3. You know what it's kinda like?
It's kinda like a rollercoaster.
- 4. You know what I mean?
It's like a roller coaster.
- 5. Try it, try it with me.
- 6. How tall— How tall is the Eye?
- 7. How tall— How tall is Big Ben?
- 8. Since then, I've been working
as a technology correspondent
- 9. for about two years now.
It's been great.
- 10. Cool, that's awesome. So you do, like,
TV reports and, like, you're like...
- 11. - No, just the website.
- Oh, just the website?
- 12. I mean, there's some video stuff,
but tech industry pieces mainly.
- 13. Cool, tech. Tech's awesome. Tech's—
- 14. So where have you been so far?
- 15. Travelling around the map
like Indiana Jones?
- 16. - Yeah.
- Where the adventure line
- 17. goes zigzagging all over the place.
- 18. Yeah, actually, I'm almost done. Uh...
- 19. But I started off, flew into Sydney,
went to Thailand.
- 20. - Oh, jealous.
- India. Yeah.
- 21. Did Rome, went to Rome.
- 22. - Did the whole Europe vacation.
- Even I haven't done that.
- 23. - Oh, really?
- 24. It was awesome.
I went to Pamplona in Spain.
- 25. - Is that where they do the bull runs?
- Ran with the bulls.
- 26. - You ran with the bulls?
- I ran with the bulls.
- 27. - That's how I got this.
- Look at that!
- 28. You really are Indiana Jones.
- 29. Have you got your whip in your bag
and your hat?
- 30. I saved the world from the Nazis.
That was pretty cool.
- 31. I, you know, just... trying to do,
you know, shit I've never done before.
- 32. Is that what you're doing on this trip?
You're, like, finding yourself?
- 33. Yeah, um... in a way. I mean, I—
- 34. Really to get away from the family home
is what I'm doing.
- 35. Oh.
- 36. Yeah, that was— Whatever, that's boring.
- 37. Yeah, well,
I'm afraid Britain's pretty tame
- 38. as far as daredevil opportunities go.
- 39. Yeah? It's alright, it's the last leg
of the trip anyway so...
- 40. I'm... unfortunately home next week.
- 41. - Not much time—
- Next week?
- 42. - Yeah.
- That's not very long.
- 43. - No, it's not.
- 44. So... I could use some suggestions
on fun shit to do.
- 45. - Hmm. Fun shit to do?
- Fun shit to do.
- 46. Ow! Ow!
- 47. Jesus!
- 48. Hello.
- 49. - Good morning.
- Good morning.
- 50. Oh. Another battle scar.
- 51. Kind of.
- 52. Let me guess, you were, like,
- 53. totally shark fishing
in Cape Town, dude.
- 54. Is that your best American accent?
- 55. - Yes.
- That's pretty good. No, um...
- 56. It was courtesy of Josh Peters,
high school dick.
- 57. He and I got into a fight in shop class.
- 58. And he hit me with this,
like, metal rod thing.
- 59. What an arsehole.
- 60. What an arsehole.
- 61. - That's terrible.
- I'm sorry.
- 62. Is that you or me?
- 63. Oh, it's gotta be you.
- 64. "Mom." You're so American.
- 65. Yes, I am.
- 66. Are you not gonna get that?
- 67. Okay, that was a little impersonal.
- 68. What, you wanna talk to her now?
- 69. - You wanna talk to my mum? I'll call back.
- Fair point.
- 70. I don't think so.
- 71. You hungry?
- 72. Wow, look at all these games.
You're, like, a gamer. Cool.
- 73. Of course I am. For my job.
- 74. What, a girl never beat you
at Street Fighter?
- 75. Is this—
Like, this is, like, your dating manual?
- 76. What? The Singularity?
- 77. It's when computers learn to outsmart man
like women did years ago.
- 78. Oh! Wow!
- 79. See, what I was doing, it was like a joke.
- 80. - You know?
- 81. - Yeah.
- Well, that's what you call a joke?
- 82. Mm-hmm. Yeah, you guys have those.
- 83. - You guys have those here, right?
- Yeah, yeah. We do at the moment.
- 84. Ow!
- 85. That was a good joke.
That was a good joke.
- 86. Enjoy your Marmite.
- 87. Whoa! Oh, my...
- 88. Do you guys seriously eat this shit?
- 89. Okay, alright.
- 90. Alright, saved by mum.
- 91. The best way to actually just stop her
from calling is...
- 92. I don't know, answer it.
- 93. Yeah, it's kind of like a can of worms
I just don't wanna open right now, so...
- 94. She's worried. You're her son.
You've been travelling,
- 95. and I just think if you speak to her,
- 96. Yeah, well, I still live at home
with her back in Syracuse.
- 97. - That's cool. That's fine.
- 98. I was taking care of my dad.
- 99. Oh, shit. Is he...?
- 100. - ... okay?
- No, he died.
- 101. - Oh, my God. I'm sorry.
- Last year. No, it's okay.
- 102. It was coming for a while.
It was early onset Alzheimer's.
- 103. Oh, that must have been really...
- 104. Yeah, he was my best friend.
- 105. Sometimes he'd just look at me
and wouldn't even know who I was.
- 106. Well, my mum, like, I don't even—
I don't know how to talk to her.
- 107. You know, I don't have that connection.
I don't even know where to start.
- 108. So that's why I left.
That's why I went on this trip.
- 109. Just to get away and make,
you know, all the memories that I can...
- 110. while I can.
- 111. And I know I gotta talk to her
and I gotta just...
- 112. But not on this.
You know, I just— I'll deal with it.
- 113. I'll deal with it when I get back,
you know. I'll just...
- 114. You're a good guy, Cooper.
- 115. Call your mum.
- 116. Zero, zero, one, nine,
three, nine, two, nine.
- 117. No, I did not buy a pair of sandals
in Koh Samui last night
- 118. because I'm in—
- 119. And how long does that take?
- 120. Because I need to buy a ticket back
- 121. Oh, my God.
- 122. Mm-hmm.
- 123. Can I just say, this is the most blatant
cover story for a second hook-up ever?
- 124. Yes! Yes! Oh, my God.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
- 125. Alright. Don't forget your bag.
- 126. The bag, yep, my bag.
Alright. You are a top bird.
- 127. I don't know what that means, but I heard
somebody say it once, and you're it.
- 128. I got a plan.
- 129. Yeah. It's odd jobs.
- 130. - For who?
- For, like, it's an app.
- 131. You can kind of— like, I've used it
all over when funds were low, so...
- 132. - Oh, there's some interesting ones.
- Pretty cool.
- 133. - "Thrillseekers wanted."
- 134. - This looks right up your street.
- 135. Okay, four pound signs.
That's a biggie. That's good.
- 136. It's a little out of town.
- 137. And some kind of play test deal
for a company called Saitoo...
- 138. Saitogoo...
- 139. - SaitoGemu?
- SaitoGemu. Yeah.
- 140. They're huge.
- 141. - They're really big.
- 142. - Horror games?
- 143. Have you heard of...
Oh, what's one of theirs?
- 144. - Harlech Shadow.
- Harlech Shadow? Yes, I have.
- 145. I used to play that in my buddy
David Ludwig's basement
- 146. when we were, like, seventh grade.
- 147. Well, that's Shou Saito. It's his company.
- 148. - He's like this genius, super secretive.
- 149. And apparently,
they're working on this new project.
- 150. Big money involved. Groundbreaking.
But nobody knows anything about it.
- 151. Well, maybe if I play my cards right
I can get you an exclusive with Shou.
- 152. Hmm? Fo Shou? Yeah?
- 153. You should take a photo.
- 154. Seriously, if you get a photo
of anything that they're working on,
- 155. that's a fuckload more money
than four pound signs.
- 156. Cool.
- 157. Well, where is this place?
- 158. Mr. Copper.
- 159. Oh, hi. Um... Just Cooper.
- 160. Mr. Cooper, I apologize.
- 161. Just Cooper is fine.
- 162. Then, in that case, I'm just Katie.
- 163. - Hi.
- 164. - Follow me.
- Oh, yeah.
- 165. - I'll just get my pack here.
- Rav will take care of that.
- 166. Oh, Rav will take care of that.
- 167. That's good.
I don't wanna carry it anyway.
- 168. Rav kind of reminds me
of like an end-of-level boss.
- 169. You know, haiukon. Just...
- 170. - How was your journey?
- Great. Thanks.
- 171. - The car pick you up okay?
- 172. Wow.
- 173. This way.
- 174. Are they... seeing? It's cool. Very cool.
- 175. Wow.
- 176. Come on.
- 177. Feel like I'm gonna go meet Dumbledore.
Hope I get Gryffindor.
- 178. I'm gonna need your phone and anything
else you might use to send and receive.
- 179. - A little paranoid, don't you think?
- Can't be too careful.
- 180. Okay, there you go.
- 181. Wow, you really are paranoid.
- 182. It's white.
- 183. Um...
- 184. Okay, so I'm guessing this says, like,
I agree to have my kidneys harvested?
- 185. Actually, it's a pretty standard
- 186. Okay.
- 187. It's important that you realize there
is a small medical procedure involved.
- 188. Sorry, for a game?
- 189. Nothing permanent
and we don't harvest your kidneys,
- 190. - I promise.
- 191. It's no more invasive
than having your ears pierced.
- 192. "Confidential information, brain downloads
the game, duration, termination..."
- 193. Um... The signature page...
- 194. - Where do I sign?
- 195. - Signature. Yeah.
- There's a page missing.
- 196. - Okay.
- Just a moment.
- 197. Alright. I'll just wait... here.
- 198. What the fuck?
- 199. - All good?
- All good.
- 200. What we're working on is an interactive
augmented reality system.
- 201. - Like VR?
- More like layers on top of reality.
- 202. Oh.
- 203. Okay. Um...
- 204. Ow.
- 205. Um...
- 206. - What's that?
- We call this a mushroom.
- 207. - Like Mario Brothers?
- If you like.
- 208. - You're qualified to do this, right?
- I haven't killed anyone yet.
- 209. May I?
- 210. Yeah.
- 211. All done.
- 212. - That was it?
- See, I told you I'm good.
- 213. - No, don't worry, it's not permanent.
- 214. Okay. What is this, like, some kind of
memory test or something like that?
- 215. - You'll find out.
- Oh, okay.
- 216. You might feel a slight twinge
as it initializes.
- 217. Oh, okay.
- 218. Commencing at 5:38.
- 219. - You ready?
- Yes, sir!
- 220. Nearly there.
- 221. I thought I turned that off.
- 222. - All done. You feel okay?
- 223. Feel great.
- 224. - Watch the targets.
- 225. Um...
- 226. Is—
- 227. What do you see?
- 228. Like a— um—
- 229. Like a video game gopher.
- 230. - Is it more detailed now?
- 231. Yep, yeah.
- 232. - And now?
- Holy fuck!
- 233. Holy shit! He— Fuck. He's right—
- 234. He's right— He's right— Can I—
- 235. Whoo!
- 236. He's not real.
He's a sort of mental projection.
- 237. - You can see him. I can't.
- You can't?
- 238. Wow! Oh, okay.
- 239. Give him a whack.
- 240. Give him a whack? Oh. Okay, alright.
- 241. Okay! Alright, so just like whack-a-mole.
- 242. - Mm-hmm.
- I've played it a million times. Okay.
- 243. Alright.
- 244. Here we go. Come on up.
- 245. Oh! Where you coming up?
- 246. No. No.
- 247. No.
- 248. Oh!
- 249. Oh!
- 250. Alright. Stay down.
- 251. Oh! Okay.
- 252. Good game. Very good game.
You are so adorable.
- 253. Okay, bye. Bye.
- 254. - Is that it?
- Afraid so.
- 255. Oh.
- 256. Now, were the gophers
two-dimensional or three?
- 257. Three.
No, no, no. 3D, super 3D. Like— Yeah.
- 258. - Now this is just a limited test demo.
- That was a demo?
- 259. I think you should beta test
the full experience we're working on.
- 260. There'd be more money in it, of course.
If you're game?
- 261. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Uh-huh, I'm game. I'm game.
- 262. - This is Shou Saito.
- 263. - You must be our latest volunteer.
- 264. This is really great. Hi.
- 265. Hi.
- 266. I just— I wanted to say
that the mole game, super fun.
- 267. Super fun... fun.
- 268. - Fun?
- 269. - Fun is good.
- Yeah. Oh.
- 270. - Playing games is good.
- 271. Your heart goes faster.
- 272. - You smile.
- 273. Yeah. Or, um... scream.
- 274. Oh!
- 275. I have always liked
to make the player jump.
- 276. Frightened. You get scared, you jump.
- 277. - Afterwards, you feel good.
- 278. You glow.
- 279. Why?
- 280. Oh, um...
- 281. Because of the adrenaline rush.
- 282. - Yes.
- 283. But mostly because you are still alive.
- 284. You have faced your greatest fears
in a safe environment.
- 285. It is a release of fear. It liberates you.
- 286. Yeah. I mean, totally.
- 287. What we are working on now
- 288. is the most personal
survival horror game in history.
- 289. Cool.
- 290. One that works out how to scare you
by using your own mind.
- 291. Whoa. That— That sounds crazy.
- 292. Can't wait!
- 293. I'm uploading a neural net package.
- 294. Neural net packing, neural net. Hmm.
- 295. Name could use a little work, I think.
It's all 90s.
- 296. I'm just kidding, it's a good name.
- 297. It's state of the art
- 298. It learns and adapts on the fly.
It'll monitor your brain activity
- 299. and try and work out how best
to frighten you
- 300. and then adjust
to your experience accordingly.
- 301. - Whoa!
- 302. - Are you ready?
- Oh, yeah.
- 303. - Beam me up. Here we go, lock and load.
- Eyes closed.
- 304. - Time is currently 6:17 p.m.
- 305. It's uploading.
Five, four, three, two, one.
- 306. How are you feeling?
- 307. Um...
- 308. I feel good. I feel normal.
- 309. Okay. Stand up, slowly.
- 310. Are you ready to play?
- 311. Isn't this the Harlech Shadow house?
- 312. It's part of the estate.
- 313. The gamekeeper's lodge, actually.
But, yeah, this was the model.
- 314. The layout was replicated for the game
and the texture scanned.
- 315. Wow!
- 316. Very, very cool.
- 317. So what's the game, what do I do?
- 318. You don't have to do anything.
- 319. You just stay in here alone,
- 320. see how long you last
until you're too scared to continue.
- 321. So all I have to do is,
like, stay here?
- 322. And I get paid for that?
- 323. I'll be back in the control room,
- 324. There are cameras all over,
so no stealing the silverware.
- 325. And now there's this.
- 326. - And what's this?
- It's an earpiece.
- 327. Oh!
- 328. Yeah, just pop it in, and you and I
will be in contact the whole time.
- 329. Oh, cool.
- 330. And I can, like, talk to you,
and you'll hear it? Great, that's great.
- 331. Now, nothing you'll see
can physically harm you.
- 332. It's all just audio-visual,
like the gopher game.
- 333. Oh, okay.
- 334. But if it does get too intense,
we can pull you out at any time
- 335. - and stop the experiment.
- 336. Is there a safe word you can think of?
- 337. Something easy to remember in distress?
- 338. How about the word "stop"?
- 339. - Good choice. "Stop" it is.
- 340. Okay, we'll leave you
to enjoy your evening.
- 341. - Alright.
- You'll hear from me in a moment.
- 342. Just make yourself at home.
- 343. Okay, all right. Well, take her easy.
- 344. Harlech... Shadow.
- 345. Is this real? Yeah, it's real.
That's real. It's really dead.
- 346. - Cooper.
- Oh, hey.
- 347. - Are you hearing me?
- Loud and clear.
- 348. Oh!
- 349. Reaching for the Dutch courage already,
- 350. - I'm afraid that wine's non-alcoholic.
- 351. - Well, we need you with a clear head.
- Okay. Fair point. Fair point.
- 352. This is high-quality craftsmanship.
This is nice.
- 353. Yeah. It's good woodwork.
- 354. - That's this place.
- Full marks for observation.
- 355. Mm-hmm! Yep!
- 356. Alright, there we go.
- 357. Ah!
- 358. - Oh, shit.
- What's up?
- 359. I just forgot I don't have my phone.
- 360. I keep going for it,
I forget it's not in my pocket.
- 361. And there's, uh... no TV here, so...
- 362. Welcome to the 19th century.
No TV, no Internet, no wi-fi.
- 363. Yeah. No wonder people were seeing shit.
- 364. Probably were just bored out
of their gourds.
- 365. Well, that's the leading theory
about ghost sightings.
- 366. The mind plays tricks
when less stimulated.
- 367. Fewer distractions,
people saw more ghosts.
- 368. Isn't that a nice piece of info?
- 369. Well, they got literature, though.
- 370. That's pretty sweet, right?
- 371. Oh, my God, I can't remember the actual
last time that I read a book.
- 372. To think people used to do this
- 373. I know. Crazy. Why?
- 374. - You know, I don't think I've—
- Shh, alright?
- 375. I need to get into some old-school
shit here. Concentrate.
- 376. Pardon me.
- 377. Can I point out your heart rate
- 378. Yeah. Well, it should have
cos there's a huge crazy spider.
- 379. You see a spider?
- 380. - You don't— you don't see that?
- 381. Don't— Don't walk. Don't—
- 382. Holy shit!
- 383. Tough guy like you, scared of spiders.
- 384. Yeah, I'm just not fond of them.
- 385. It's worked out you're
an arachnophobe quickly.
- 386. It's probing for weak spots.
- 387. God damn it.
- 388. Fucker!
- 389. Yeah!
- 390. Um...
- 391. Okay.
- 392. Yeah, well, yeah.
- 393. Whole lot more realistic
than the gopher game.
- 394. It's good. It's good graphics.
- 395. It's good, uh— Yeah.
- 396. Weak sauce.
- 397. - What is it?
- 398. Nothing. Nothing.
- 399. Here with the figures. There's a—
No. There's a light on...
- 400. now, in the...
- 401. Can you... zoom in and—
zoom in on it?
- 402. And you can see what I'm talking about.
- 403. - Cooper...
- And now there's— Shh!
- 404. There's a guy in the window.
- 405. Yeah.
- 406. And now he's gone.
Now nobody's in the window.
- 407. Which is the—
- 408. Mm-hmm.
- 409. Yeah, there's a—
- 410. Just leaky pipes.
- 411. I knew it. It was leaky pipes, like—
- 412. Holy fuck!
- 413. Fuck!
- 414. Oh! Oh!
- 415. Okay.
- 416. That got me. You got me.
- 417. - What are you seeing?
- 418. Like a creepy fucking guy.
- 419. Wow, just...
- 420. Oh, my God. Oh, my God!
- 421. He kinda looks like Josh Peters.
- 422. - It's Josh Peters! You're Josh Peters!
- 423. You're Josh Peters from high school!
From a guy I know at high school.
- 424. The system could be mining some
of your personal memories for texture.
- 425. Was Josh Peters
someone you were scared of?
- 426. He was a bully. I wasn't scared.
- 427. I wasn't scared of him,
but he was a bully and—
- 428. Man! Take a couple of Krav Maga classes
and I'd be ready.
- 429. I'd be ready!
- 430. Kali ma! Dah!
- 431. I'm gonna get some wine. Re-up.
- 432. I'd offer you some, but I don't think
you can drink it so...
- 433. Whoo-hoo-hoo!
- 434. Catch ya later, Peters.
- 435. This non-alcoholic wine is pretty good.
- 436. I'm not like a expert or anything,
but it's kinda great.
- 437. I was in France.
I stayed at this, like, vineyard,
- 438. and they had this wine,
like, grape-stomping festival.
- 439. Now that,
that wine was good. I know that.
- 440. You're being discursive.
- 441. - What is discursive? Discursive?
- 442. - Mm-hmm.
- 443. Is that a problem?
- 444. People sometimes talk more
when they're afraid.
- 445. Helps compensate for the fear.
- 446. - Masks it, too.
- Oh, yeah?
- 447. Similar to when you've got the TV on
late at night.
- 448. The voices make you feel less alone.
- 449. Even though you are alone.
- 450. You aren't scaring me, Katie.
- 451. Pity.
- 452. Is there like a refrigerator here?
- 453. - There's some snacks in the cupboard.
- 454. Alrighty. Eenie meenie, miney...
- 455. Mo! Alright.
- 456. Okay, ginger snaps.
- 457. Let's see.
- 458. Yeah, yeah, yeah. This'll do.
- 459. Now... um...
- 460. He's gonna be right behind this door
when I close it, isn't he?
- 461. Yeah, that's how this works.
- 462. Knew it. Jump scares get pretty old—
- 463. Fuck!
- 464. Oh, God.
- 465. - What the hell is that?
- What do you see?
- 466. Holy shit!
- 467. A fucking— Uh...
- 468. Hard to explain.
- 469. It's like a huge-ass spider with a face
and dicks coming out of his mouth.
- 470. It's...
- 471. Peters. Peters is inside.
- 472. Like a Peters-spider mash-up.
- 473. Ah, Katie!
Are you doing this, or is this fucking me?
- 474. - I think that's all you.
- I'm so fucked up!
- 475. God! Fuck!
- 476. Holy shit, you're fucking gross.
- 477. Yeah—
- 478. Sorry, can you say again?
- 479. Katie, hello?
- 480. Damn it, Katie!
- 481. Whenever you come back online,
just say the word.
- 482. No, I'm not scared, just... bored.
- 483. That you guys?
- 484. Coming to fix the earpiece?
That's probably a good idea.
- 485. Yeah. Yeah.
- 486. Fuck it, man!
- 487. Come on!
- 488. You're in danger.
- 489. Sonja?
- 490. Now we're talking.
Alright, this is incredible.
- 491. This— very impressive.
I am thoroughly impressed.
- 492. I am— Wow! Wow!
- 493. You look so real.
You're, like, just like her.
- 494. I mean, wow.
- 495. Except... you're just unfortunately not...
- 496. - Cooper, what are you doing?
- Wait, wait. Hold on, hold on.
- 497. - Cooper, you're in danger.
- Shh! Quiet. Quiet! I need to think.
- 498. You're fucking real.
You are real. You're real.
- 499. - Cooper, you're in—
- You're Sonja. You're actually here.
- 500. - Are you actually here right now?
- I'm real. I'm actually here.
- 501. - God.
- And we have to go.
- 502. - You have to listen to me.
- How are you here?
- 503. You know that photo that you sent me?
- 504. I dug around and apparently
Shou Saito took out a patent
- 505. for a computer brain interface last year.
- 506. How are you real? I don't—
- 507. Okay, fuck. I don't—
- 508. They brought you here!
- 509. You are, you're real,
and they brought you here,
- 510. and they're trying to fuck with me.
Nice try, good try.
- 511. I get it. It's part of the test.
- 512. His patent got rejected outright.
They said it was insane, it was dangerous.
- 513. Wow. Really? How much are they paying you?
Honestly. Cos you're killing it right now.
- 514. - Have they given you something?
- Sorry, I thought you were fake.
- 515. But now I know you're real,
I'm being a really terrible host.
- 516. I got some non-alcoholic wine.
Might put us in the mood.
- 517. - Cooper, what I want to do is—
- We'll talk about it in the kitchen.
- 518. - Cooper!
- Sonja, relax, okay?
- 519. Give it up.
I know, the jig's up, okay? Let it go.
- 520. Look, Cooper, there's more.
- 521. Five people have disappeared
in the past year.
- 522. All tourists, all registered
with that stupid odd jobs app.
- 523. Oh, yeah? Wow. God, that's crazy.
- 524. Whatever they're doing to you,
whatever they've done to you,
- 525. it's dangerous,
and we really have to go now, Cooper.
- 526. Okay, okay. Alright.
- 527. - Well, if your story's true...
- 528. - then how'd you find me?
- 529. How'd you know where I am?
- 530. It's a games company,
I looked up the address.
- 531. Yeah, really?
- 532. No, no, no, no.
How'd you find me here? This place.
- 533. - I tracked you.
- You tracked me?
- 534. Yeah, with your GPS on your phone.
Find My Friends.
- 535. Find My Friends? That would've worked,
but they took my phone.
- 536. And it's in a building, like, a mile away.
So, yeah, nice try.
- 537. That's right.
- 538. So much for women outsmarting men.
- 539. Look, all I'm saying is that
- 540. I think that you could've come up
with a better story,
- 541. it could have been funny or...
- 542. Okay, alright, don't be pissed.
- 543. Do you ever wonder
how your bank account got hacked?
- 544. What are you doing?
- 545. - I cloned your card as you were asleep.
- Whoa. Okay.
- 546. Put the knife down.
What are you going to do with that?
- 547. I drew your attention to this job.
- 548. Sonja, put the fucking knife down, okay?
It's not funny.
- 549. Should've called your mum, Cooper.
- 550. - But you called me, and I led you here...
- 551. - You know what?
- ... like a breadcrumb trail.
- 552. Put the knife down. Drop the act.
Okay, seriously, drop the knife, Sonja.
- 553. It's not fucking funny. Put the knife—
- 554. This isn't what I signed up for.
I'm fucking done, okay?
- 555. Fuck!
- 556. What the fuck?
- 557. Oh, fuck! Oh!
- 558. Holy fuck!
- 559. Stop!
- 560. Fuck!
- 561. Oh, fuck! Oh, fuck!
- 562. - Cooper.
- 563. - Katie!
- 564. - Katie!
- Cooper, what's happening?
- 565. What the fuck happened?
- 566. What's happening? We've been talking.
You've not been responding.
- 567. - You said I wouldn't feel anything!
- What are you seeing? What's there?
- 568. - Fuck! She's gone now.
- Who's gone?
- 569. Oh, my God, I-I felt it.
- 570. There's a knife in my arm!
- 571. - In my shoulder.
- Cooper, who was there?
- 572. - Fuck... Sonja.
- 573. Sonja. She's this girl that I know,
that fucking— She stabbed me.
- 574. - She had a fucking knife.
- Nothing can harm you, Cooper.
- 575. - No, no, no, no. She was solid.
- No, she can't have been.
- 576. She— I was stabbed! I would know!
- 577. Nothing you see can harm
or even touch you.
- 578. It's purely audio-visual.
- 579. - There's no physical sensation.
- Fuck! Yes, there was!
- 580. - Cooper, you need to calm down.
- I know because I felt it, okay?
- 581. I felt her arm, it was warm,
- 582. and I felt her fucking stab me
in the shoulder.
- 583. - That's not possible.
- Oh, my God.
- 584. - It's not possible, Cooper.
- Yeah, it is! Yeah, it is!
- 585. Physical sensations shouldn't be possible.
- 586. - Unless, I mean...
- Oh, God. Unless what?
- 587. I don't know. The neuron net,
it could have maybe worked out
- 588. some means
of replicating physical experiences,
- 589. - but that would be unprecedented.
- Jesus Christ.
- 590. Okay, you know what? Stop the game.
- 591. I want out. Just pull me out now.
- 592. Stop, stop, stop.
Safe word. Fucking stop!
- 593. - Okay, okay, just let us work it out.
- Oh, God.
- 594. No, I want this fucking thing out now.
- 595. Cooper,
do not attempt to remove that yourself.
- 596. Removing it yourself
is extremely dangerous.
- 597. Stop that, that could kill you!
- 598. Just stay calm!
- 599. Is that Shou?
- 600. Is that Shou? What's he saying?
What's he saying?
- 601. Okay, Cooper.
We're gonna commence with deactivation.
- 602. Oh, that's great news.
- 603. We need you to follow instructions
and make it to the access point.
- 604. The access point? Great.
Where the fuck's the access point?
- 605. - Oh, fuck! More stairs? Come on!
- Just one more level.
- 606. - Trust me.
- 607. - Left at the top.
- 608. - Okay, which door?
- Room at the end.
- 609. What is it?
- 610. There's gonna be something behind there.
I can feel it.
- 611. - Something like...
- Like what?
- 612. Some personal fucked-up shit.
- 613. Like... I don't know, I could feel it
digging around in my head.
- 614. Cooper, get to the door.
- 615. It's gonna be like my mum,
I don't know, dead.
- 616. - Your mum?
- Fucking swinging from a fucking beam.
- 617. - Your mother is not in there.
- You're not in control of this!
- 618. It's in my head.
It fucking knows. It knows.
- 619. - It knows!
- It knows what?
- 620. It knows I got this thing with my mum.
- 621. Cooper, I promise you, she's not in there.
- 622. - Now open the door.
- Oh, my God.
- 623. It's the only way I can get you out.
Listen to me.
- 624. Okay, Okay. Fuck. Okay.
- 625. Whatever's in there cannot harm you.
- 626. But I can't get you out
unless you open that door, Cooper.
- 627. Okay.
- 628. Would you kindly open the door?
- 629. Here we go. Here we go.
- 630. Okay.
- 631. Okay, okay, I'm in the room.
Where's the access point?
- 632. Access point?
- 633. - There is no access point.
- 634. I'm fucking with you, Cooper.
- 635. I told you to come up here
to see if we've broken you enough
- 636. to obey instructions without question.
- 637. - And we have.
- Oh, no, no, no.
- 638. Katie, come on.
Katie, come on, let me out!
- 639. Katie, let me out, come on!
What the fuck!
- 640. Oh, what are you gonna do?
Oh, what are you doing to me?
- 641. - Why are you doing this?
- You thought you'd see your mother.
- 642. - Oh, fuck!
- What does she look like?
- 643. Your mother, can you describe her face?
- 644. Her hair colour?
- 645. She—
- 646. Is she tall, short, fat, thin?
- 647. - Where did you grow up?
- 648. What's your favourite band?
Your favourite flavour ice cream?
- 649. The name of the girl who stabbed you?
- 650. You don't know any of these things,
- 651. Don't you think that's odd?
- 652. It's fucking taking my memories!
- 653. Overwriting them, technically.
- 654. Fuck.
- 655. Look in the mirror behind you.
- 656. Do you recognize yourself?
- 657. Do you even know who you're looking at?
- 658. Soon you won't be anything.
You'll be just like your dad.
- 659. Shut up, shut up, shut up.
- 660. - That's what really scares you, isn't it?
- Stop it.
- 661. - Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
- You're going the same place he did.
- 662. Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
- 663. - You're going nowhere.
- Shut up! Shut up.
- 664. You should have called mum.
She's all that's left.
- 665. - You abandoned her.
- No, no, no, no!
- 666. Get out of my head!
- 667. You'll never see her again.
You'll never speak to her again.
- 668. - Never see her face.
- Get out of my fucking head!
- 669. Get out of my fucking head!
Get out of my fucking head!
- 670. You're a bad son.
You'll never see your mother again.
- 671. - You're going nowhere.
- 672. Straight into oblivion.
- 673. You deserve it.
You should have called her.
- 674. Get out of my fucking head!
- 675. Get it out of my head!
Get it out of my head!
- 676. Get it out of my fucking head!
- 677. Cooper, I'm gonna shut it off, okay?
I just need to connect.
- 678. Get it out of my head!
- 679. Get it out of my head!
Get it out of my head!
- 680. Oh, my God. Where am I?
- 681. Who are you?
- 682. I can't stop it.
- 683. I don't know who I am.
So I— So I need to go home.
- 684. The interface has data tendrils
- 685. They've dug in deeper
than they're meant to.
- 686. Threaded through your brain,
taken over whole areas, I can't stop it.
- 687. I can't remove it, and I can't stop it.
- 688. But I— But I don't know who I am.
- 689. I don't know— I don't know who I am.
- 690. I don't know who I am.
- 691. I don't know.
- 692. On behalf of Saito Game Team,
I most humbly apologize.
- 693. Who are you?
What have you done to me?
- 694. - What have you done to me?
- Put him with the others, please.
- 695. No, no, no, no! No, no, no!
- 696. Stop, stop, stop, stop!
Stop, stop, stop!
- 697. Stop, stop, stop, stop!
No, don't, don't!
- 698. Don't! Don't!
- 699. Stop! Stop!
- 700. No!
- 701. Oh, fuck.
- 702. That was one second.
- 703. Either he's super susceptible to this
or the software is way too powerful still.
- 704. It's jumped from zero to 18K
in five milliseconds...
- 705. I'm sorry. The experience was
more powerful than intended, Mr. Cooper.
- 706. I hope you can forgive us.
- 707. all luggage under the seat
in front of you.
- 708. All electronic devices
should now be turned off and stowed
- 709. as they may interfere with the aircraft's
navigational and communication...
- 710. Mum?
- 711. Mum?
- 712. I have to call him.
- 713. Mum?
- 714. Why did Cooper go?
- 715. - I—
- Mom, I'm right here. I'm—
- 716. - I'm right here, Mum.
- I have to call Cooper.
- 717. I have to call
and make sure that he's safe.
- 718. I have to call him. I have to call him.
I have to call him.
- 719. Mum?
- 720. Mum!
- 721. Mum! Mum! Mum! Mum!
- 722. - What happened?
- His phone rang.
- 723. - You didn't take it off him?
- Yes, but...
- 724. - The signals interfere.
- I know I switched it off.
- 725. Maybe he did something
while I was out of the room.
- 726. An oversight. Won't happen again.
- 727. The incoming signal must have interfered
with the upload sequence.
- 728. Every synapse in his brain lit up at once.
- 729. Then went dead. Like that.
- 730. You said he shouted something.
What was it?
- 731. "Mum."
- 732. - Make a note of that.