- 1. What we believe shapes who we are.
- 2. Belief can bring us salvation...
- 3. or destruction.
- 4. Listen to me—
- 5. But when you believe a lie for too long,
the truth doesn't set you free.
- 6. No.
- 7. It tears you apart.
- 8. You killed her?
- 9. You killed everyone?
- 10. Why?
- 11. Why would you do that?
- 12. I was trying to save our lives.
- 13. Quell and the Envoys were our family.
How could you kill our family?
- 14. They were just soldiers.
- 15. You and I, we're family.
- 16. Our lives will be better now.
- 17. When everyone I ever loved
was taken away from me?
- 18. You know what that did to me?
What I became?
- 19. I tried to find you.
- 20. Then you got yourself caught by CTAC.
- 21. They locked you up so tight,
no one could get to you.
- 22. So it took you 250 years to get me out.
- 23. It would have been forever if I hadn't
played Bancroft into wanting you.
- 24. Do you have any idea
- 25. how hard it was to find someone
with the pull to get you off ice?
- 26. You were in those sleeves,
watching... talking to me.
- 27. Why didn't you say anything?
- 28. Because I knew it was going to be hard
for you to trust me.
- 29. That idiot Dimi was supposed
to pick you up to bring you to me to talk.
- 30. After that, I waited for the right time.
- 31. But when his brother
was gonna RD you, I had to act.
- 32. And you're welcome.
- 33. What do you want from me, Rei?
- 34. Just to see me as the sister
who loves you, who'd do anything for you.
- 35. You destroyed the Uprising.
How the hell was that for me?
- 36. Quell was using you, using all of us.
- 37. Brainwashed us all to fight
and die for nothing.
- 38. The Uprising was already doomed.
- 39. I was the only one
who was going to take care of us.
- 40. So what did they pay you?
- 41. Backups Clones?
- 42. All of them.
- 43. And none of it mattered
unless I could get you back.
- 44. I loved her.
- 45. I know.
- 46. But she was going to get you killed.
- 47. Kill me, if that's what you need.
- 48. I'll come back for you, big brother.
- 49. No matter what...
- 50. I'll always come back for you.
- 51. Sandy Kim, reporting live
outside the Fell Street Police Station,
- 52. where BCPD
are still reeling from an attack
- 53. that came from within the station.
- 54. Detective Ortega,
what were you doing at Fightdrome?
- 55. - Can you respond to allegations...
- Out of my way.
- 56. you are part
of a black market fighting ring?
- 57. Are your underworld connections the reason
why the station was attacked?
- 58. Detective Ortega?
- 59. They're lies, and you know it, bitch.
- 60. Getting me fucked over
doesn't help Bancroft anymore.
- 61. He knows I believe he was murdered.
So who are you really working for?
- 62. And where's Kovacs?
- 63. Lieutenant, really. You're being paranoid.
- 64. Hmm.
- 65. Sandy Kim and I,
we have a symbiotic relationship.
- 66. She does me occasional favors
and, in return, I feed her what sells.
- 67. Sex. Violence. Money.
- 68. Corrupt cops.
- 69. I can get a subpoena and make you talk.
- 70. Oh, I very much doubt you can do either.
- 71. Take my advice.
- 72. You've come too close to dying this life.
Just... leave it alone.
- 73. Haven't you lost enough?
- 74. What the fuck are you looking at?
- 75. Shit!
- 76. What are you doing here?
- 77. I couldn't just sit there
while Kovacs is missing.
- 78. Remember him?
- 79. Tall, bad attitude, Envoy,
- 80. who for some fucking reason
has no missing person alert out on him.
- 81. We can't say if he's missing, exactly.
- 82. He left Fightdrome with someone.
That's all we know for sure.
- 83. You look good.
I could have sworn I broke your back.
- 84. You did.
- 85. Bone fusion
took my whole deductible for the year.
- 86. I told IA I fell down.
- 87. In my office. Now.
- 88. - You need to go.
- No. You need to resign.
- 89. - I need to get back to work.
- You can't.
- 90. You're on paid leave while this
Fightdrome disaster goes to IA.
- 91. Oh, yeah?
- 92. What happens when I tell them
you're on the take?
- 93. What happens? Nothing.
- 94. There is no evidence, no money trail,
- 95. - and no one is going to believe you—
- I'll convince them—
- 96. They won't let you!
- 97. Kristin, you're gonna get yourself
- 98. I wanna know why Ryker was framed.
- 99. I want to know who is this ghost
who killed Abboud.
- 100. Who took Kovacs, where he is,
if he's even alive.
- 101. I need answers.
- 102. - I know that look. You want blood.
- If that's what it takes.
- 103. I can't protect you anymore.
- 104. Protect me?
- 105. Protect me?
- 106. Get your things and go.
I'll give you 15 minutes.
- 107. If you're not gone by then,
I'll have you escorted out.
- 108. I'm sorry, Kristin. I hope you know that.
- 109. But I won't let you take me down with you.
- 110. Drink this.
- 111. It'll help.
- 112. Say something.
- 113. Anything.
- 114. So, what? I just... forgive you,
like nothing's happened?
- 115. I don't want forgiveness
for saving you from yourself.
- 116. Not for what you did to me.
It's what you did to them.
- 117. That was a long time ago.
This is our chance to start over.
- 118. Let it all go, begin again,
just you and me.
- 119. She taught us better than this.
- 120. - I don't care about what Quell said.
- I'm talking about Mom.
- 121. Tak, don't.
- 122. We've got years for you to be angry
with me. Forever, potentially.
- 123. Right now, I need your help.
- 124. Bancroft.
- 125. I need you to close the case.
- 126. Don't be ridiculous.
- 127. I didn't touch Laurens.
- 128. On the contrary,
I gave him what he always wanted.
- 129. He was surprisingly unappreciative.
- 130. Although, being high on Stallion
may have affected his judgment.
- 131. No, I read the autopsy report.
There was nothing about drugs in his body.
- 132. Yes. Tanaka earned his paycheck
on the postmortem paperwork.
- 133. Not to mention, it was hell
getting Laurens dosed to begin with.
- 134. But that's not your concern.
- 135. Convince Bancroft the threat is past.
Produce a culprit if you have to.
- 136. Frame someone innocent.
- 137. Everyone's guilty of something.
It's just a matter of degree.
- 138. What if I say no?
- 139. I didn't want to have this conversation.
- 140. Not yet.
- 141. That son of a bitch works for you?
- 142. I've become a titan of industry,
- 143. dealing with the many weaknesses
of the flesh.
- 144. - I have interests that need protecting.
- You didn't answer my question.
- 145. I heard you became familiar
- 146. with the new interrogation programs
at the Wei Clinic.
- 147. That place belongs to you?
- 148. Information extraction
is a very lucrative niche market.
- 149. I was tortured to death.
Over and over again.
- 150. If I had known, I would have stopped it.
- 151. These people you've become so attached to,
- 152. Vernon Elliot, Kristin Ortega,
to me, they're fireflies,
- 153. each a tiny spark whose beauty lies
in how quickly it's extinguished.
- 154. Convince Bancroft the case is closed.
- 155. Or your friends will go
into one of my other clinics
- 156. and they won't come out
until they're quite, quite mad.
- 157. I'll need a dipper.
- 158. Jesus. You look like hell.
- 159. Really? I spent hours on my hair.
- 160. Cleaned out my desk.
- 161. I'm taking some me time.
- 162. Any luck with
the Ghostwalker trace program?
- 163. Tanaka told me to stop.
- 164. It was an unauthorized use
- 165. - of department resources.
- Of course.
- 166. You really shouldn't be in here.
You're not supposed to be in here.
- 167. No. It's blood from the homicidal bitch
who took Kovacs.
- 168. I need a gene-mat typing.
- 169. - No. You got suspended—
- On paid leave.
- 170. Do you remember
when I almost got fired for saying
- 171. I could see your areolas
through your shirt?
- 172. Vaguely.
- 173. - This is worse. I'll lose my job.
- Listen to me.
- 174. This woman single-handedly took out
a whole room of Carnage's people.
- 175. I really need to know who she is.
- 176. She's got Kovacs.
- 177. Please.
- 178. You know, they can check this
in the OrgDam lab.
- 179. No. I can't trust them.
- 180. I can't trust anybody.
- 181. Except for you. Thank you.
- 182. - Oh, there's one more thing.
- No. No more things.
- 183. I thought you could do it
while I get changed.
- 184. You're right. I do look like hell.
- 185. I believe you're my sister's bitch.
- 186. You do not show her the proper respect.
- 187. What is it with these Meths and respect?
- 188. They're just rich assholes
who don't look their age.
- 189. You misunderstand me, Mr. Kovacs.
- 190. I know better than to trust you
in an elevator.
- 191. Throughout history,
we have prayed to gods.
- 192. Pleaded for their mercy,
begged for their protection.
- 193. Avatars of sun and sky. Blood and war.
- 194. The god of Abraham or Muhammad
or Christ or Krishna.
- 195. All were silent.
- 196. Just attack me, please.
It'll hurt less than listening to this.
- 197. For the first time in human history,
when we pray, they answer.
- 198. They're not gods. No matter how much
they listen to their own propaganda.
- 199. Their power is absolute
and they never die.
- 200. What else would you call them?
- 201. Has anyone told you that
you're really fucked up in there?
- 202. You are the brother of a living god.
- 203. - Jesus Christ.
- Blessed to share her bone and blood.
- 204. You will someday realize the holiness
of She Who Endures.
- 205. Until then, your obedience will suffice.
- 206. - Put this on your head.
- The fuck out of here.
- 207. Your sister doesn't want you
to know our location.
- 208. I have been told that you obey
or others die.
- 209. Whom should I kill first?
- 210. - You gotta go.
- Come on, Mickey.
- 211. All I'm asking is a facial rec scan
and a gene-mat typing.
- 212. No, I mean, you gotta go.
- 213. Kovacs, he just popped back up
on the grid.
- 214. Psychasec in the Haight.
- 215. I ran the facial rec, all right?
Now get outta here.
- 216. Promise you'll get the gene-mat typing.
- 217. Promise.
- 218. Yes! I promise. Go.
- 219. - Go.
- 220. You've got your Rerun.
- 221. Tell your boss we're even now.
No more favors.
- 222. Mr. Hemingway will decide
when your debt is clear. Understood?
- 223. This ain't my dipper.
- 224. I asked for a woman. She's in her 40s.
- 225. Your sister wished me to tell you
that she is, quote,
- 226. "Not running a charity for your strays."
- 227. No. No. No. This isn't right.
- 228. The DHF is correct.
The sleeve shouldn't matter.
- 229. It's okay, Ava. You're sleeve-sick.
- 230. I'm cross-sleeved! In a man!
- 231. I know.
- 232. Who are you?
Where the hell are you taking me?
- 233. Home.
- 234. Vernon They're all right?
- 235. Yeah.
- 236. - Shit.
- Make her go away.
- 237. I'm not a magician.
- 238. Do it or you'll be looking
for a new dipper.
- 239. What the...
- 240. I do this and you back the fuck off.
- 241. Rei gets what she wants, but not with you
looking over my shoulder. Got it?
- 242. Oh, God.
- 243. Oh, my God. Oh, my God.
Thank God. You're alive!
- 244. You thought Ryker's sleeve was damaged?
- 245. No. I thought you were dead.
- 246. I'm fine.
- 247. Good.
- 248. Um...
- 249. Why are you at Psychasec?
- 250. I'm, uh... trying to get a new sleeve
- 251. that's not on the shitlist
of all the criminals in this city.
- 252. You want to put Ryker's sleeve
back on the slab?
- 253. I'd love to, but Bancroft is blocking me.
- 254. I can't get out of this fucking skin
because of you.
- 255. What's the hell is going on with you?
- 256. Is it that woman
- 257. Nobody.
- 258. Nobody?
- 259. She mowed her way through
Carnage's boys with a sword.
- 260. She's no one?
- 261. She's someone who actually cares about me.
- 262. What?
- 263. Whatever you think
was happening between us...
- 264. it didn't matter.
- 265. It meant nothing to me.
- 266. It's her I was looking for.
- 267. And I found her.
- 268. - It's over.
- No. No! I don't fucking believe that.
- 269. - I don't believe you.
- I'll get you your sleeve back.
- 270. Just have a little dignity.
- 271. Indubitably.
- 272. Throwing blades is an excellent way
to increase one's hand-eye coordination.
- 273. So is sewing. Or tennis.
Or playing the motherfucking violin!
- 274. To my knowledge, no one has ever
crushed the testicles of an assailant
- 275. using a stringed instrument.
- 276. The goal is to be empowered.
- 277. The use of deadly force, honed
and developed in a virtual environment,
- 278. may one day give her the confidence
to feel safe in the real one,
- 279. and perhaps, soon...
- 280. reenter it.
- 281. Mr. Kovacs.
- 282. Mr. Kovacs, I'm so glad to see you.
- 283. I was troubled by your long absence
from my establishment.
- 284. Kovacs, where you been?
- 285. Whoa, whoa! Back off, buddy.
What are you, drunk?
- 286. Vernon.
- 287. It's me.
- 288. Ava.
- 289. I'm just a little sleeve-sick.
- 290. What the hell is going on here, Kovacs?
- 291. I need a dipper to run a hack,
- 292. subvert security protocols
and inject code.
- 293. I heard your wife was pretty good,
so I got her out.
- 294. Ava?
- 295. There were some setbacks.
- 296. Like, I'm a man.
- 297. Surely true love triumphs over all?
- 298. Shut up, Poe.
- 299. Vern.
- 300. I never thought I'd touch you again.
- 301. Ava?
- 302. It's me. Baby, it's really me.
- 303. So romantic.
- 304. Where's Lizzie?
- 305. There, uh...
There may be some things we...
- 306. There may be some things
I have to tell you.
- 307. Ava...
- 308. Honey...
- 309. - I'm sorry.
- 310. Me too.
- 311. All that happened and I wasn't there.
- 312. Am I good yet?
- 313. Far better than good.
- 314. You are formidable.
- 315. Wait.
- 316. Perhaps we should go.
- 317. Mom?
- 318. Sometimes,
belief isn't about what we can see.
- 319. It's about what we can't.
- 320. I... I missed you so much.
- 321. I know. I'm sorry.
Sweetheart, I'm so sorry.
- 322. I should have been there.
- 323. But I'm here now and I'm never leaving,
ever. I promise you.
- 324. Something's different.
- 325. You changed your hair.
- 326. Yeah.
- 327. Dad!
- 328. Been a while, ladybug.
- 329. See?
- 330. Eddie found a way
to do time dilation for me,
- 331. so I can practice for months in here
when it's just days in the real.
- 332. I hate that sign.
- 333. There are a variety of species
- 334. that do not rely on visual cues
to find their own kind.
- 335. The star-nosed mole, for example,
is utterly blind,
- 336. - yet has no difficulty finding its mothe—
- 337. You brought my daughter here. You're teaching her how to hurt people.
- 338. - Technically, I'm teaching.
- I'll get to you in a minute.
- 339. You're destroying who she is.
- 340. Someone else did that already.
- 341. She's shattered.
- 342. Whoever she was is dead.
- 343. What... What am I
supposed to do with that?
- 344. Same thing as she did. Adapt.
- 345. Because my sister
will do way worse than kill you
- 346. if I don't close the Bancroft case.
And I need you on this run.
- 347. I'm gonna need all of you.
- 348. Really?
- 349. I wouldn't get too excited.
- 350. What does this run involve, exactly?
- 351. Lying. Stealing. Breaking the law.
- 352. If we're going to pull this off,
we gotta get our hands dirty.
- 353. Envoys who died at Stronghold.
- 354. Are you kidding me?
- 355. They were infected with Rawling.
- 356. Rawling is fatal.
- 357. It corrupts all electronic data,
- 358. How did you survive?
- 359. I was...
- 360. out of range
of the viral transmission blast.
- 361. I need you to take these fragments
and recreate the malware.
- 362. Fucking with Bancroft's head is one thing,
but using this—
- 363. Wanna go back on ice
and leave Lizzie without a mother?
- 364. Then get to work.
- 365. When you're done, deliver it to Poe.
- 366. I can't believe you thought
it was bowling night.
- 367. I have nothing further to bet.
- 368. Oh, sure you do.
- 369. I hear you have another guest.
- 370. A nutcase human murder victim.
I can always use the crazy ones.
- 371. Make for great recordings.
Really get into it.
- 372. Screaming.
- 373. There's a huge market for that shit.
- 374. So if I win, I'll take her off your hands.
- 375. If you win...
- 376. Well, you never win.
- 377. Her name is Miss Elizabeth
and she's my friend.
- 378. Oh, you should never name them.
Makes you sentimental.
- 379. And you're enough of a human lover
as it is.
- 380. All in, you inelegant ass.
- 381. Well, here comes the river.
- 382. Boom!
- 383. Come to Papa.
- 384. Oh, walk away,
you human-loving son of a bitch!
- 385. I want her here tomorrow!
- 386. I feel a little...
- 387. - I'm in. Here it comes.
- Got it.
- 388. We need an image of Bancroft
from that night.
- 389. Not getting that Fightdrome footage,
though. It's analog.
- 390. BCPD seized the tapes
and scanned them after the raid.
- 391. Looks like Prescott got the originals
and destroyed them.
- 392. - But it got in the system.
- Damn, woman.
- 393. Now all that was left
was to sell Bancroft the lie.
- 394. So you won't
take me up on my offer?
- 395. Keeping my word.
- 396. It's not too late, you know.
We can leave right now.
- 397. Make all your fantasies come true.
All you have to do is say yes.
- 398. You really don't want me telling Bancroft
- 399. Anyone else might have thought
you'd killed him yourself.
- 400. Is that what you think?
- 401. Why have you insisted
on all these people being here?
- 402. - Because one of them killed you.
- 403. And the rest
are about to be witnesses.
- 404. Clarissa is here at my invitation. After all, she did advise me to hire you.
- 405. So, you'd better be on point
or I'll be looking for a refund.
- 406. I'm sure that won't be an issue, Laurens.
- 407. Let's hear what the Envoy has to say.
- 408. From the beginning of this case,
the details just didn't add up.
- 409. All the evidence said suicide.
- 410. It was neat, tidy, perfect.
- 411. Nothing real is perfect.
- 412. Someone wanted the world to believe
that you killed yourself.
- 413. But how could you possibly
bring down Laurens Bancroft?
- 414. This is a VR jack-in brothel
called Prick Up.
- 415. It specializes in simulated rape
- 416. It's the last place you visited
before you died.
- 417. I'm not overly familiar
with this particular establishment.
- 418. Yeah.
- 419. I still got it.
- 420. And yet, there you are.
- 421. Prick Up was a trap.
- 422. Set up just for you.
- 423. Captain, check in
with your cybercrimes unit.
- 424. Yeah. Do we have any reports
on a place called Prick Up?
- 425. I'm looking for anything.
- 426. Okay.
- 427. All right. Thanks.
- 428. Sir, Prick Up has shut down.
- 429. Are you gonna tell him?
- 430. The core was destroyed by Rawling virus.
- 431. Prick Up went insane. The AI core melted.
- 432. You were infected.
- 433. Your download at Psychasec was clean.
- 434. So your stack needed to be contaminated
by direct contact, which means VR 'trodes.
- 435. - No. This is completely absurd—
- Here's the next interesting thing.
- 436. Prescott knows everything
about what happened in Osaka.
- 437. I was with Mr. Bancroft. That's no secret.
I often accompany him as counsel.
- 438. You forgot to mention that he was furious
with his son when he returned.
- 439. Put a beating on him at Fightdrome.
- 440. You wore a blonde sleeve in Osaka. Right?
- 441. I wear a variety of sleeves.
It's part of my travel allowance.
- 442. This one?
- 443. Yes. But... what's all this?
- 444. This is wrong.
We're about to destroy her life.
- 445. - And people like her destroyed Lizzie's.
- I don't want to be people like her.
- 446. It's a bill for damages. Signed by you.
- 447. Damage from the sleeve
being strangled and raped.
- 448. What?
- 449. - I've never seen this invoice.
- Because Prescott handled it.
- 450. Wh This is ridiculous.
- 451. Not now.
- 452. Now, why would she pay damages
on a work sleeve herself?
- 453. Because she lost access to company funds.
- 454. If I fired her.
- 455. Mr. Bancroft, you can't possibly
be taking anything he says—
- 456. The women you like to hurt
all got something in common.
- 457. They look like Prescott did that weekend.
- 458. Like your wife.
- 459. He wants to get rid of me.
He's trying to replace me.
- 460. Did he rape you?
- 461. Or did you come on to him because you saw
his anger as an opportunity for leverage?
- 462. After everything
this family has done for you.
- 463. You know I would never— I—
- 464. Whatever happened between you in Osaka,
you decided to fire her over it.
- 465. No. None of this is true.
- 466. The Envoy is manipulating you.
Don't you see that?
- 467. Who knows your habits better than anyone?
- 468. She knew that when you're this angry,
you'll find the nearest VR dive,
- 469. where you can kill as many blonde whores
as you want.
- 470. All she had to do was time your arrival
to Prick Up for the viral strike.
- 471. None of this
was supposed to look like murder.
- 472. It was all supposed to look like
just bad fucking luck.
- 473. Malware racing up your needlecast
into your satellite backups
- 474. and destroying them.
- 475. When you got home,
your internal contam alarm was screaming.
- 476. You had to stop your backup
from going through.
- 477. You didn't have much time.
- 478. Do it! Do it! Do it!
- 479. No!
- 480. Do you feel it, Laurens
- 481. That's mine. Give it to me.
- 482. No, it's not yours.
- 483. - Give it!
- It's not yours. I'm not yours!
- 484. Years of groveling...
- 485. - No, give it to me! Mine!
- ... and serving and humiliating myself.
- 486. - All I ever wanted to be was one of you.
- Give it!
- 487. And you threw me out like trash,
- 488. all because you couldn't control yourself.
- 489. Help me, please.
- 490. Please.
- 491. - No.
- He's lying!
- 492. All of it, every fucking word.
- 493. Curtis, if she speaks again,
I want you to hurt her. I don't care how.
- 494. It was supposed to look
like Bancroft went crazy,
- 495. his backups were shredded
and he killed himself.
- 496. That's what I was waiting for.
- 497. There you go. No!
- 498. No, I can't!
- 499. I can't. No!
- 500. That's what I said.
You didn't listen to me either.
- 501. But you outsmarted her.
- 502. Right. I must have faked the needlecast.
- 503. Pretend I'd done the backup,
so you just killed me too soon.
- 504. Laurens, think about what he's saying.
- 505. I have been nothing but loyal to you,
to this family.
- 506. Get her out of my house.
- 507. No, get your hands off me!
- 508. Oumou Prescott, you are under arrest.
- 509. Leave her alone. Let her go.
- 510. Not a word of this will leave this room.
Is that understood?
- 511. - Of course, Mr. Bancroft.
- Yes, sir.
- 512. Good.
- 513. I'm not gonna press charges.
- 514. - Thank you.
- 515. I am going to ruin you.
- 516. Your access to Aerium is withdrawn.
- 517. Your license to practice law
will be revoked.
- 518. No Meth will ever hire you.
- 519. And everything you own
will be confiscated.
- 520. Laurens, please!
- 521. You are never going to leave
the ground again. Is that understood?
- 522. Don't do this. Don't do this.
- 523. Find a gutter. Throw her in it.
- 524. No. No. Please. Please. This is...
- 525. He's lying! He's lying!
None of this is true! I—
- 526. You stop talking.
- 527. Get her out of here.
- 528. Aah!
- 529. I need my pardon and my payment.
- 530. In the end...
- 531. my great mystery was...
- 532. nothing more than human greed
and my own weakness.
- 533. Well, there we are.
- 534. I'll make the necessary arrangements.
- 535. When I heard you'd invited them all in,
- 536. I thought you were trying
to outmaneuver me.
- 537. It works better in a group.
- 538. Convince the crowd,
you're more likely to convince the man.
- 539. You played them well.
- 540. You won.
- 541. You convinced him.
- 542. Reileen won.
- 543. I just did what I was told. How do we practice deceit?
- 544. We rip the truth apart
and reweave it into the lie.
- 545. Nothing is more convincing.
- 546. People talk about Envoy Intuition
like it's magic.
- 547. It's not.
- 548. It's a pull at the back of the mind.
- 549. A scratch inside your skull
that won't go away.
- 550. It's the details.
- 551. I told you not to call me here.
- 552. Are you cleaned up?
- 553. Yeah. Kovacs left a tab open for me
at the hospital.
- 554. Did you get a hit on the gene
- 555. That's not a no.
- 556. Come on, Mickey. You know something.
- 557. No, I didn't say that.
Did you find Kovacs yet?
- 558. Yeah.
- 559. I don't know. Something's wrong.
- 560. I think he's in trouble.
- 561. Because he was a total fucking prick.
- 562. You know, that's one interpretation.
Another is that he is a prick.
- 563. What about the trace?
- 564. We got a hit on the gene-mat.
I'm gonna send you the specs.
- 565. You are not gonna believe from where.
- 566. Psychasec?
- 567. Who's the client?
- 568. That's the weird thing.
- 569. I've got the vault number,
and it's not registered to any account.
- 570. The gene-mat belongs to nobody.
- 571. Send me the vault info.
- 572. Okay, I'll send it now.
- 573. And that's it. That's the last time,
understood? I'm done.
- 574. - I'm out.
- No, Mickey. Wait.
- 575. What about tracking the Ghostwalker?
He's still out there.
- 576. Yeah. Yeah, he is.
- 577. And so is my pension.
- 578. - I chase one, I lose the other.
- Come on, Mickey, please.
- 579. Listen to me.
- 580. I love you and when you get fired,
I'm going to deny we ever met.
- 581. - Hey!
- Hi, Gus.
- 582. Remember me?
- 583. I picked you up last year for
that misdemeanor sleeve-jack in Licktown.
- 584. - Never got reported to your employer.
- No, I had those records sealed.
- 585. It was a misunderstanding.
- 586. I think Psychasec has a right to know,
- 587. I mean, they'll fire you
and blackball you, but...
- 588. crime doesn't pay, does it?
- 589. What do you want?
- 590. Sometimes I come up here
- 591. when I have decisions to make
or difficulties to face.
- 592. I knew the date and time
of Bancroft's death.
- 593. The telescope returned
to the same position it was in
- 594. when he looked through it,
right before he died.
- 595. Our own...
- 596. satellite of sin, Head in the Clouds.
- 597. I've become a titan of industry,
- 598. dealing with the many weaknesses
of the flesh.
- 599. We became hungry for things
that reality could no longer offer.
- 600. I have a line that
I am very careful not to cross.
- 601. You have no idea
what he's capable of.
- 602. Being high on Stallion
may have affected his judgment.
- 603. Male aggression enhancer.
- 604. Gave him what he always wanted.
- 605. She said he needed her.
- 606. And he will want
someone to punish.
- 607. You will not be forgiven.
- 608. You see, don't you?
- 609. What you wove your lie from?
- 610. The truth.
- 611. Your payment has been processed.
- 612. That is your pardon.
- 613. If you speak of this to anyone,
I will have you killed.
- 614. Permanently.
- 615. It was great working with you too.
- 616. Jeez, relax.
- 617. Just get me in. I'll do the rest.
- 618. - This is the one.
- Open it.
- 619. I don't know.
- 620. No one's ever gonna know I was here.
- 621. Promise.
- 622. Let's take a look at you.
- 623. It's her.
- 624. Yeah. Definitely her.
- 625. Okay. Gonna need all the information
you have on this client.
- 626. Everything on the databa—
- 627. Hey!
- 628. Hey!
- 629. Open the door!
- 630. Open the door right fucking now!
- 631. Oh, shit.
- 632. Mickey. Mickey?
- 633. Come on. God damn it. Answer!
- 634. I don't know if this is going through,
- 635. but I've been locked into one
of the vaults here in Psychasec. I don't—
- 636. Pod failure detected.
- 637. Who are you?
- 638. Of course. You're the new one.
- 639. The love of his life.
- 640. This week, anyway.
- 641. Tak's taste in women
is so boringly consistent.
- 642. Earnest, heroic, beautiful.
- 643. And not very smart.
- 644. That wasn't very nice.
- 645. I wasn't trying to be nice, you bitch.
- 646. You still haven't answered my question.
- 647. Who are you?
- 648. ¡Puta madre!
- 649. Damn it!
- 650. Okay.
- 651. Pod failure detected.
- 652. Pod failure detected.
- 653. Pod failure detected.
- 654. Pod failure detected.
- 655. Pod failure detected.
- 656. Pod failure detected.
- 657. Pod failure detected.
- 658. - Pod failure detected.
- Fuck you!
- 659. Please stand by
for technical assistance.
- 660. System override. All units cleared.
- 661. Do you have any idea
how much money you just cost me?
- 662. Who the fuck are you?
- 663. Nobody.
- 664. Please.
- 665. She locked me in here. It's so cold.
- 666. Hey. It's okay.
- 667. Don't be afraid.