- 1. When everyone lies,
telling the truth isn't just rebellion.
- 2. It's an act of revolution.
- 3. So think carefully when you speak it,
because the truth is a weapon.
- 4. So how'd she die?
- 5. Did she fall? Jump?
- 6. Was she fucking pushed?
- 7. Who?
- 8. Just a little bubblefab street whore
named Mary Lou Henchy.
- 9. I never heard of her.
- 10. From that height,
it's the impact on the water killed her.
- 11. But when the cops went to spin her up,
they found out she was coded Neo-C.
- 12. Maybe she kept it secret.
- 13. Not from me. We grew up together.
- 14. You're a senior sys op,
interplanetary record and coding.
- 15. Listen, you got root access
to the entire Protectorate database.
- 16. I'm just a systems tech.
I don't handle religious conversions.
- 17. But you didn't do a religious conversion.
- 18. You faked her code.
- 19. You can't fake religious coding
on a stack.
- 20. What the hell do you want from me?
- 21. How did she die?
- 22. Oh, God, I don't know.
- 23. - How did she die?
- I don't know.
- 24. - How did she fucking die?
- I don't know!
- 25. Put the gun down.
Step away from him.
- 26. There's no witness
on Mary Lou's conversion,
- 27. no personal statement,
no four levels of fucking protocol.
- 28. - Just his office writing the re-code.
- I don't know what he's talking about.
- 29. Someone runs you.
- 30. And you're gonna tell me who.
- 31. Hey, think about this.
- 32. CTAC doesn't handle religious coding.
That's domestic systems jurisdiction.
- 33. They only touch DHF
when someone's shipping between worlds,
- 34. and I don't think Mary Lou
ever got close to jumping planets.
- 35. The reason why he has no answers
is because what you are talking about
- 36. is not real.
- 37. There's no conspiracy.
- 38. Just a dead friend.
- 39. And you and me. You and me.
- 40. - Yeah. Yeah.
- 41. Ah...
- 42. Go, go. Go. Go.
- 43. Hey.
- 44. She's all alone in there.
- 45. I know, Ryker.
- 46. I know.
- 47. I'm wearing your fucking boyfriend?
- 48. - You didn't think to mention that?
- I have trust issues.
- 49. Yeah? With me or him?
- 50. With you. You don't find a killer,
you go back on ice.
- 51. - Little conflict of interest there.
- Bancroft sleeves me in a crooked cop.
- 52. Might as well have "shoot me"
branded on my forehead.
- 53. And you don't say anything
because you want me to fail
- 54. - so you can get Ryker back.
- Ryker wasn't crooked.
- 55. In case you hadn't realized.
When are you gonna get it?
- 56. Bancroft wasn't murdered.
- 57. So you've been following me to make sure
this sleeve doesn't get damaged
- 58. because you knew
people wanted to damage it.
- 59. You ever think some of them
might be gunning for me, not Ryker?
- 60. I followed you because you're a terrorist.
- 61. Dimi 1 came after me at the Raven.
- 62. Ever wonder why he was here?
Why he knew my real name?
- 63. Then we got Dimi the Second,
- 64. Works me over in virtual,
only he doesn't know my real name.
- 65. Just sees the skin, calls me Ryker.
- 66. But here's the best part.
- 67. He thinks that Ryker killed
his so-called brother, Dimi the First.
- 68. - Now why would he think that?
- Just get to the point.
- 69. Because Dimi the Second framed Ryker
for the murder of a CTAC.
- 70. Dimi's a real fucking talker
when he's chopping your body parts off.
- 71. Dimi the Twin framed Ryker?
- 72. Ryker's conspiracy,
Bancroft's murder, they're connected.
- 73. How?
- 74. Fuckin' ask him.
- 75. I want to go in and see her.
- 76. - Lizzie's getting better.
- No thanks to you.
- 77. - This is not your decision.
- Oh, it most certainly is.
- 78. You empowered me to make
medical decisions for Miss Elizabeth.
- 79. That is what I'm talking about.
- 80. No one's ever called her Elizabeth
in her life.
- 81. - Kovacs.
- Not now.
- 82. I need to talk to you about Lizzie
and this megalomaniac you call a hotel.
- 83. I don't have time for this.
- 84. I told you before, we're not friends.
I don't owe you a goddamn thing.
- 85. I'm chasing down my fucking leads
to get what I need.
- 86. Which, in case anyone is interested,
is my freedom.
- 87. - If I may...
- Did I fucking stutter?
- 88. No, your speech was quite clear,
- 89. - if a trifle laden with obscenities.
- That's not what he meant.
- 90. Don't talk to me again unless you have
something useful to say, okay?
- 91. That is a piece of rare,
antique linen that...
- 92. you obviously are going to have
- 93. Professionally!
- 94. Hey, Kovacs.
How'd you get in here?
- 95. The guards'll be fine. Well, except for
the broken jaw and shattered leg.
- 96. Yeah, well, I'm gonna
have to ask you to leave. Hey!
- 97. Takeshi...
- 98. stop damaging the help.
- 99. Where is he?
- 100. - Can I get you a drink?
- I asked you a question.
- 101. Laurens has gone to the Old City
to minister to the masses.
- 102. I could get you a car if you'd like.
- 103. Or you could stay a while. With me.
- 104. Did you like what we did together?
- 105. Seems like a long time ago.
- 106. It was night before last.
- 107. Well, I've been in virtual for a while.
Busy screaming and dying.
- 108. Because of the case?
- 109. Not a lot of other reasons
for people to wanna kill me.
- 110. Takeshi-san, listen to me.
- 111. I want you to drop the case.
- 112. I'll double whatever he's offering you.
- 113. Buy you a new identity anywhere
in the Protectorate. A new life.
- 114. He'll never find you.
- 115. My husband dragged you here
and he locked you into a deal
- 116. you had no choice but to accept.
- 117. Do you really think he'll set you free?
- 118. That's what the lease says.
I expect him to honor it.
- 119. Mmm. Honor.
- 120. He threw you into a fight pit.
- 121. No. When you learn the truth,
the only possible truth,
- 122. that Laurens pulled the trigger,
that he was weak and he gave up,
- 123. he's a coward,
he won't forgive you for that.
- 124. Your freedom, that thing you want so much,
- 125. he'll make sure you never see it.
- 126. You have no idea what he's capable of.
- 127. You're terrified.
- 128. He will want someone to punish.
- 129. And my family means everything to me.
- 130. Laurens will not allow what he loves
to grow and change.
- 131. Our children, he's trapped them in kind of
a benevolent dependence forever.
- 132. And when a Meth says "forever,"
it isn't hyperbole.
- 133. So you're afraid of what he'll do
to all of you.
- 134. I don't believe in punishment.
- 135. I believe in reward.
- 136. I have an island. It's mine.
Not even Laurens knows about it.
- 137. Built a complex there, with a clone tank,
- 138. Sometimes I decant the clones
and let them play.
- 139. Do you understand what I'm offering you?
- 140. Imagine more of me.
- 141. A pack of bodies,
- 142. orchestrated by the same mind,
with a singular focus.
- 143. You.
- 144. I'm multi-sleeved.
- 145. That could get you erased.
- 146. Mmm. Uncountable, my sins.
- 147. And you can have all of me,
for as long as you'd like.
- 148. And when you're finished, your freedom.
- 149. I'm not here to save you, Miriam.
- 150. I believe I'm the one
offering to do the saving.
- 151. Think about it.
- 152. But don't take too long.
We're running out of time.
- 153. Hey, Mickey... I have another job for you.
- 154. You're gonna have to keep it quiet.
- 155. Whatever you say, Lieutenant.
- 156. Number two.
- 157. Thanks.
- 158. Officer Levine.
- 159. - Are you a believer?
- 160. Faith, Officer.
- 161. You wear it openly.
- 162. - Ah. It's just a ring, man.
- Is it?
- 163. I see a proud artifact of your heritage.
- 164. Forgive me.
- 165. You meet too few of the Chosen
in this city.
- 166. Hey.
- 167. You a believer?
- 168. This is a restricted area.
- 169. I work for Bancroft.
- 170. Warning. You are entering...
- 171. You're gonna need these.
- 172. No prolonged skin contact.
You touch them, you die.
- 173. City Father!
City Father! City Father!
- 174. - Want chocolate?
- 175. Who wants to play
- 176. Rock, paper, scissors.
- 177. What are you doing here, Kovacs?
- 178. I didn't send for you.
- 179. You put me in this body
just to punish Ortega.
- 180. Go wait for me by the truck, little ones.
Go on. Run along.
- 181. Keep your hands covered
or risk getting infected.
- 182. You needed an effective sleeve.
- 183. She needed to be taught some respect.
- 184. Two birds, one stone.
- 185. Petty move. Wasted my time.
Childish for someone your age, isn't it?
- 186. What could you possibly know
about my age, Kovacs?
- 187. Good point. I'd have chosen
a younger sleeve. Something more virile.
- 188. Oh. Yes.
- 189. No doubt.
- 190. But then a young man sees himself
as a fighting and fucking machine, huh?
- 191. But the truth is, it's at this age
that a man achieves real respect,
- 192. for he has battled many times
and clearly triumphed.
- 193. Who...
- 194. Who are the most potent gods
after all, huh?
- 195. - Thank you.
- 196. Jupiter. Zeus.
- 197. A colossus is rarely a young man.
- 198. He is father. With many children.
- 199. You're infected.
- 200. Well, no one from the outside world
will touch them.
- 201. So this is my sacrifice
to help them feel noticed.
- 202. It's spreading fast.
- 203. Is it some kind of bio-weapon?
- 204. A contagion bomb went off by accident.
- 205. - These are the survivors?
- They're descendants.
- 206. The plague killed thousands within hours.
- 207. But left these carriers, you see.
- 208. And they were sealed off
in hundreds of camps like these.
- 209. This isn't sacrifice. It's theater.
- 210. If you care so much,
why don't you buy them new sleeves?
- 211. You're saying
because I cannot fix everything,
- 212. I should fix nothing at all.
- 213. Where is it? Where's the coffee?
- 214. Jesus. You, coffee. Hot.
- 215. Hey, hey.
- 216. - Hey. Found my Ghostwalker yet?
- Working on it.
- 217. Gonna get you to stop asking me
to do things off the books?
- 218. Nope.
- 219. God damn it.
- 220. It's Dimi the Twin.
I need to spin him up in virtual.
- 221. Then we got him? The double-sleever,
that's great for erasure.
- 222. I need to ask him a few questions.
- 223. - You don't want this logged.
- I don't want this logged.
- 224. There's no way that we spin him up
in virtual without logging him.
- 225. - We'd have to sleeve him in the real.
- Fine. Then we sleeve him.
- 226. Okay. All right.
I'll open a personality-fragged sociopath
- 227. with several decades' worth
of counter-infiltration firmware
- 228. and a reputation for wanton real death,
- 229. and throw him in the first available body.
- 230. Great. You're the best, Mickey.
- 231. Ow.
- 232. - You really are the best.
- I'm pretty good.
- 233. Mm-hmm. Mmm! Oh, my God,
this is cold, God damn it!
- 234. Call me when you're done.
- 235. I give them
something to believe in.
- 236. It's just another display of power.
- 237. Then you have misunderstood me.
- 238. For power, true power, is... is hidden.
- 239. Like a mammoth sea creature
- 240. just beneath the surface of the ocean.
- 241. Nothing but the faintest of ripples.
- 242. I'd love to stay and debate
the finer points with you.
- 243. I... I'm gonna cast out soon.
- 244. How long do we have?
- 245. Are you stealing his liquor now?
- 246. It's only stealing if you get caught.
See any cops?
- 247. Oh, I'm sorry. Is this a bad time?
- 248. Nope.
- 249. Why are you here?
- 250. Because I'm her partner.
- 251. And because you wearing that face
is tearing her apart.
- 252. So she told you I found out?
- 253. This gonna be one of those
- 254. It started friendly.
- 255. Ryker and Kristin, they were close.
- 256. After he went down,
she came apart at the seams.
- 257. She believed she was responsible,
so she convinced herself he was set up.
- 258. But the man had demons.
- 259. And enemies.
- 260. You know she's been paying
his sleeve mortgage?
- 261. And on a lieutenant's pay.
That's not an easy thing to do.
- 262. She never figured on an overbid
like Bancroft pulled. It was terrible.
- 263. I know what you are.
- 264. And I know that men and women
in harm's way grow closer.
- 265. Promise to treat her
with decency and fairness.
- 266. And whatever this insanity is
with Bancroft, you keep her away from it.
- 267. So what's my word worth to you?
- 268. Then I'll make my own promise.
- 269. Hurt her, and I kill you.
- 270. - You think you can keep that?
- I do.
- 271. You will take care of Kristin
or you will answer to me.
- 272. I'm not here to save anyone.
- 273. Not even yourself?
- 274. I brought you something
you can actually use.
- 275. I spoke with a member of my union.
- 276. - You're part of a union?
- The AI Management Association.
- 277. We manage a plethora of establishments.
- 278. Music performance halls, restaurants,
and various entertainment venues.
- 279. The point,
before the next fuckin' ice age.
- 280. Ah, yes, well. It's Madison.
- 281. The AI who manages Fightdrome.
- 282. Welcome home.
- 283. Calm down.
- 284. Oh!
- 285. You're an abomination!
- 286. Don't shoot!
- 287. Mom, give me that.
- 288. The hell's going on?
- 289. I've got this. Give me that.
- 290. Okay, well, that explains everything.
- 291. - What the hell?
- Guess she didn't like Ryker much, huh?
- 292. Yeah, well.
- 293. You know, it's getting easier
to imagine putting holes in you
- 294. every time you open your mouth.
- 295. - I got a lead on Bancroft's murder.
- Oh, yeah?
- 296. He was at Fightdrome
the night he was killed.
- 297. AI that manages the place
says there's footage.
- 298. Fightdrome doesn't do footage.
That's the whole point.
- 299. People pay top dollar
for once-in-a-lifetime bloodlettings.
- 300. Just trust me.
- 301. You sound just like Ryker.
- 302. You guys used to be partners.
- 303. Okay.
- 304. What are you getting at?
- 305. Ryker have any mannerisms
or speech patterns I should be aware of?
- 306. Well, I did the talking and Ryker
mostly stood there looking angry.
- 307. - I can do angry.
- Yeah, no shit.
- 308. Just cross your arms or something.
- 309. My, my.
- 310. Elias Ryker.
- 311. So the rumors are true.
- 312. You're back from the rack
and riding your old skin.
- 313. - How'd that happen, Lieutenant?
- None of your business, Carnage.
- 314. Is that a new synth sleeve?
Thought the whole point was
- 315. you could rearrange the face
into whatever you want.
- 316. It is.
- 317. And I did.
- 318. Ah. Sorry. Private property.
- 319. I think my all-access pass is that
you have cameras recording the fights.
- 320. I built my brand on never broadcasting,
never recording anything...
- 321. Laurens Bancroft was here
the night he died.
- 322. We're following up.
We'd like to look at what happened.
- 323. Or should I return with a warrant?
- 324. Hmm.
- 325. Take it down a little bit.
- 326. What?
- 327. Stocked up on inventory.
- 328. Ever expanding.
- 329. We have a humiliation bout coming soon.
- 330. - Very exclusive.
- Oh, yeah?
- 331. Still working out the details.
But we do have our subject matter.
- 332. - Classic or modern?
- Oh, bit of both.
- 333. So, who talked?
- 334. We have data rats.
Rats dig. They dug something up.
- 335. Does your rat have a name?
I'd like to meet him. Or her.
- 336. - Or it.
- Sure. I'll introduce you.
- 337. Hot rod Envoy flesh,
with all the modern accoutrements.
- 338. Taken from DNA harvested
on Harlan's World.
- 339. You like it?
- 340. Yeah. I can tell.
- 341. I found a single cloning facility
- 342. willing to stitch together
something ancient and illegal
- 343. for a one-time bloodletting.
- 344. Cost me a king's ransom to grow him,
but people love the classics.
- 345. Would you like to see it fight?
- 346. Would you like to see it die?
- 347. Or maybe you'd like to wear it?
- 348. This old thing's worn out.
- 349. Come back Friday.
- 350. I'll put on a private show.
- 351. Come on, Ryker.
- 352. Pre-digital tape?
- 353. Old-school.
- 354. Practically pre-school
and thus unhackable.
- 355. But apparently still whispered about
in the datastream.
- 356. Hmm. That's Isaac.
- 357. And here comes Bancroft.
- 358. Bancroft was clearly on something.
- 359. Or clearly wanted
to kill the shit out of his son.
- 360. There.
- 361. I've given you a free show,
- 362. which is more than anyone else alive
has ever gotten from me.
- 363. Show's over.
- 364. You know I can read lips, right?
- 365. See, Bancroft kept saying,
- 366. "You're not me. You never will be,"
over and over again.
- 367. What do you make of that?
- 368. Look, you want to believe
the guy was murdered, so...
- 369. father attacked son. That goes to motive.
- 370. But Isaac and just about
everyone else on Earth
- 371. didn't have the means.
- 372. No one can open that gun safe
except Miriam or Bancroft.
- 373. It's gene-locked.
- 374. I was trying to get Ryker
to quit this shit.
- 375. Jeez.
- 376. This is it.
- 377. I could call for a search warrant,
- 378. but it may be faster to go
for a knock and...
- 379. Or Kovacs. We could Kovacs.
- 380. What?
- 381. Security alarms all call the police.
And I am the police.
- 382. Bills of sale.
- 383. These are real.
- 384. Emitters.
- 385. They're ONI-keyed.
- 386. I can override the security seals.
- 387. Why is he watching this?
- 388. He hates his father.
- 389. How do I know you are who you are?
- 390. Before stacks, yeah. A face is a face.
But now, could be anyone in there.
- 391. It's up to you.
- 392. Kovacs.
- 393. There you go.
- 394. Wow.
- 395. Portable 3-D bio-organic printer.
- 396. Do you have any idea
how illegal and expensive these are?
- 397. The cell mass you need to print is just...
- 398. Wow.
- 399. Even Bancroft slow-grows his clones.
- 400. This must have cost Isaac
everything he had.
- 401. Guess we know why
he was selling art.
- 402. Bancroft.
- 403. The Japanese didn't deal with Bancroft
- 404. Bancroft wasn't Bancroft.
- 405. It was Isaac.
- 406. Japanese told me they'd been dealing
with Bancroft for months.
- 407. Then Bancroft closes the deal
in less than 48 hours?
- 408. Doesn't let Isaac use an older sleeve,
- 409. keeps him young
so no one takes him serious.
- 410. But if Bancroft dies...
- 411. the kids get nothing.
- 412. So he can't die.
- 413. Isaac didn't have to compete
with his father. He could be his father.
- 414. Replace him, take everything he had.
- 415. So how does it feel...
- 416. to be a few hours away from freedom?
- 417. I have to call this in.
- 418. It's Ortega.
- 419. I need a team for a gene-mat sweep
and transport for an unlicensed sleeve.
- 420. 3-D printed.
- 421. Yeah, might as well pick up
the printer, too.
- 422. Sure. I'll wait here.
- 423. Finding truth is more
than a search for data.
- 424. It's an excavation of self.
- 425. You have to keep going,
no matter where it takes you.
- 426. Because nothing can stay hidden forever.
- 427. You're coming with me. Now.
- 428. You're gonna need this.
- 429. - This is Ryker's place?
- It's our place.
- 430. Or was gonna be.
- 431. Take that off.
- 432. Sit down.
- 433. This is gonna hurt.
- 434. I guess you stitched up Ryker a lot, too?
- 435. Someone had to.
- 436. Where's this from?
- 437. A dealer in the Mariposa district,
high on synamorphesterone.
- 438. It's a male aggression enhancer.
- 439. They call it Stallion.
- 440. Guy killed half his family
by the time Ryker got there.
- 441. This is what it took
to save the other half.
- 442. What about this one?
- 443. Steel-tipped boot with a toe blade.
- 444. Right Hand of God martyr,
resisted arrest in New Haight.
- 445. When you look in my eyes...
- 446. what do you see?
- 447. They're not your eyes.
- 448. What about this?
- 449. That one's from me.
- 450. I forget why, but you deserved it.
- 451. This is a mistake.
- 452. When I look into his eyes,
I see you looking back at me, and...
- 453. it's been a long time
since someone looked at me like that.
- 454. I'm sorry I'm not Elias.
- 455. Just shut the fuck up.
- 456. Wake up.
- 457. - Hey.
- 458. Who's this?
- 459. Mary Lou Henchy.
- 460. Someone offed the CTAC
and pinned it on Ryker.
- 461. BCPD! Open the door! Ryker!
- 462. - What the fuck?
- Ryker, you're under arrest
- 463. for the murder of Leonid Kye Harris,
- 464. a senior sys op and CTAC administrator.
- 465. - What the hell are you talking about?
- Kristin, stay out of this.
- 466. Captain, I didn't kill anyone.
- 467. Then you won't mind coming in.
- 468. They got to you.
- 469. - Whoa! Whoa!
- They get to everyone.
- 470. - Elias...
- Nobody got to me, son.
- 471. This doesn't have to happen.
- 472. - Elias.
- Now just put the gun down.
- 473. You fucked me.
- 474. Elias, put the gun down.
- 475. You gonna arrest me
for doing my fucking job?
- 476. Elias. Put it down. Put it down.
- 477. Just... look at me. Look at me.
- 478. If this is a mistake...
- 479. If?
- 480. - You have nothing to...
- 481. If?
- 482. Go.
- 483. How could you not fucking believe me?
How could you not fucking believe me?
- 484. Don't fucking...
- 485. Mary Lou's mother came to the station.
- 486. She was desperate, so...
- 487. I made sure
she got Mary Lou's sleeve back.
- 488. But I kept her,
- 489. just in case by some fucking miracle
we get to ask her what happened to her.
- 490. Look at all these people.
- 491. All my answers are right here
and I just can't have them.
- 492. I've got nothing.
- 493. You will not be forgiven.
- 494. I've seen these two before.
- 495. They were murdered?
- 496. Yeah.
- 497. Every one of them sleeve-dead
- 498. and every one of them
supposedly converted Neo-C.
- 499. You believe the conversions are fake?
- 500. Ryker did.
- 501. - Be a hell of a market for that.
- 502. Except it's impossible,
like a lot of things right now.
- 503. There's this man who doesn't exist.
- 504. Mickey calls him the Ghostwalker.
I saw him at Bancroft's party,
- 505. but somehow he wipes his image
from all recordings on the fly.
- 506. How?
- 507. What does it look like?
- 508. I'm not sure about the mustache.
- 509. This guy and Dimi are the only leads
I have left on the Mary Lou Henchy case.
- 510. So you figure if he can cover his tracks,
then maybe he covered hers?
- 511. Erased information on how she fell,
where she fell from?
- 512. Yeah. I mean, maybe.
I need to question him.
- 513. Mickey's trying to put together
- 514. to trace the untraceable man,
but so far, no luck.
- 515. Ryker's case.
Bancroft's murder. Ghostwalker.
- 516. - They're connected.
- 517. - But they fucked up.
- 518. Because they haven't killed me yet.
- 519. Hey, Mickey. What you got?
- 520. I take lead.
- 521. You had to put me
in sleeve with a fucking hangover?
- 522. Tastes like cat vomited in my mouth.
- 523. I'm glad you like it.
- 524. I see you grew your legs back
since we parted. That's nice.
- 525. I have rights, you know.
- 526. Who do you work for, Dimi?
- 527. Hoping for a confession, Lieutenant?
- 528. Elias Ryker? Or whoever you are.
- 529. You could be anyone.
- 530. A cunning CTAC agent, huh?
- 531. Oh, the crudity!
- 532. This man? This woman, maybe?
- 533. Even a dog could be trained
to say as much as he has,
- 534. given the right tranquilizers, of course.
- 535. They do tend to go pitifully insane
when you decant them if not.
- 536. But, yes, even a dog.
- 537. She's got you cold
for double sleeving, Dimi.
- 538. Limited vision.
- 539. Where is the voice
- 540. that said altered carbon would free us
from the cells of our flesh?
- 541. The visions that said we would be angels.
- 542. Instead, we became hungry for things
that reality could no longer offer.
- 543. The lines blurred.
- 544. You want to know who I work for?
- 545. The people who understood that,
- 546. who used it to become wealthy
- 547. in the only currency that truly matters:
- 548. the appetites of the immortal.
- 549. Just tell me who had you frame Ryker.
- 550. Come on, Dimi.
Give him up, you skip real death.
- 551. A hundred years in the dark instead.
- 552. Oh, this is hilarious.
- 553. I know police
do the real thing in virtual.
- 554. There is no deal on the table.
- 555. There's a fucking gun on the table!
- 556. - Talk and I don't blow your stack out.
- 557. Know the difference
between virtual and life?
- 558. - Where are they?
- One's real.
- 559. In a construct, you know everything
is being run by an all-powerful machine.
- 560. - He's stalling.
- Reality doesn't offer the same assurance,
- 561. so it's very easy
to develop the mistaken impression
- 562. that you are in control.
- 563. - I want a name! I want a fucking name!
- Okay. Okay.
- 564. Ortega, where the hell are you?
- 565. Bob.
- 566. - Kill him. Blow his fuckin' stack out.
- 567. Ortega? This is over!
- 568. Grab the Envoy.
Get this fucking guy out of here.
- 569. No. Tanaka!
- 570. - No!
- I should not be surprised.
- 571. - Tanaka, just please, let me...
- I should fire you.
- 572. - He framed Ryker, God damn it!
- Oh, yeah? Who is he?
- 573. Dimi the Twin.
- 574. - Dimitri fucking Kadmin?
- 575. - Kadmin? Are you out of your mind?
- 576. Give me five minutes in virtual,
- 577. You partnered up with an Envoy
and he played you.
- 578. - I will keep my promise.
- You don't have a clue what's happening.
- 579. Kovacs, shut up.
- 580. Let me ride down with Dimi.
- 581. A few more questions. Please.
- 582. - All right. Go.
- Thank you.
- 583. Not without me you don't.
- 584. Get the fuck out of my station.
- 585. - I know what I'm doing.
- You're out of control.
- 586. Samir...
- 587. I'm done covering for you. Never again.
- 588. - Samir...
- 589. Ortega!
- 590. Are you a believer?
- 591. I appreciate that you are no quitter.
- 592. But there is a time for letting go.
- 593. We have to go.
- 594. May the Lord, in his love and mercy,
- 595. help you with the grace
of the Holy Spirit.
- 596. You're doing this
in a fucking police precinct?
- 597. May the Lord who frees you from sin...
- 598. save you and raise you up.
- 599. Amen.
- 600. We have to go now!
- 601. Come.
- 602. Abboud. Abboud.
- 603. Abboud.
- 604. Abboud. Abboud.
- 605. Help him.
- 606. Help Abboud.
- 607. - Get out of the way!
- Help Abboud.