- 1. Humanity has spread to the stars.
- 2. We set out like ancient seafarers
to explore the limitless ocean of space.
- 3. But no matter how far we venture
into the unknown,
- 4. the worst monsters
are those we bring with us.
- 5. "Once upon a time,
in a village in the woods—"
- 6. Don't read it, Tak.
- 7. I want you to tell it our way.
- 8. Okay. You ready?
- 9. "Once, there was a cruel father
who had two kids.
- 10. He was called Mad Mykola."
- 11. "He was a miller, but he made the kids
do all of the work."
- 12. There are never moms in these stories.
- 13. Come on, keep going.
- 14. "The girl and the boy worked so hard,
that one night they fainted."
- 15. "Mad Mykola
found them lying on the floor,
- 16. and he threw them both into the mill."
- 17. "Then he thought, who's going to do
all the work for him?"
- 18. "So he went into the village,
stole more children.
- 19. He killed them, cut them up,
- 20. and took their bits and pieces
to the loom."
- 21. "And stitched all their bloody dead parts
- 22. into one huge, strong, creepy thing."
- 23. "The Patchwork Man.
- 24. But it turned,
and it ripped Mad Mykola to shreds. "
- 25. "Then it went out into the world.
But its body kept falling apart."
- 26. "So to this day,
the Patchwork Man wanders the streets
- 27. looking for children to kill,
to cut up, and to sew into himself."
- 28. We're on a new world now,
new lives. Stop complaining!
- 29. Why can't you just be grateful?
Just once, hmm?
- 30. You know what your problem is?
- 31. You don't know how to be appreciative
for what you have.
- 32. I'm sorry, Jakub. I am so lucky.
- 33. You're right. I... I'll be better.
- 34. I don't care what you do.
Just stop complaining!
- 35. We stick together, Rei.
- 36. Never face the monsters alone.
- 37. An invitation arrived for you
with the dawn.
- 38. I doubted you wanted it in the shower.
- 39. It requests your presence
at Suntouch House this evening.
- 40. I'm afraid I have other pertinent news.
- 41. Miriam Bancroft was not the only one
in attendance last night.
- 42. The room's privacy settings
- 43. To be vulgar, I was hacked.
- 44. I have no explanation how this drone
eluded my security protocols,
- 45. but it did acquire... footage.
- 46. You're fucking kidding me.
- 47. Yeah?
- 48. Mr. Kovacs, I sent you an invitation
some hours ago.
- 49. I'm not big on dinner parties.
- 50. It's a party in name only.
- 51. The guest list includes everybody
I could think of who might want me dead.
- 52. You made a list of everyone who wants
to kill you and invited them to dinner?
- 53. Well, they're hardly gonna come
for an interrogation, are they?
- 54. You want me to chat them up
at the buffet line?
- 55. Do I need to explain the risks?
- 56. I think you can manage three courses
and a digestif.
- 57. See you at 7:00.
- 58. Do you believe he is aware of your conduct
with Mrs. Bancroft?
- 59. I believe he's smart enough
to try to kill two birds with one stone.
- 60. I'm not strolling into that dinner party
with a bull's-eye on my forehead.
- 61. Oh, I would gladly accompany you
if I could,
- 62. but alas, I cannot be elsewhere.
- 63. My neural network
is part of the building itself.
- 64. Think of the hotel as a body,
of which I am the brain.
- 65. I am the hotel.
- 66. The hotel is me.
- 67. Which leaves you
without a man in the field.
- 68. You as a wingman
wasn't quite what I had in mind.
- 69. You're like a computer program, right?
You can go anywhere you want on the Array.
- 70. Anywhere data flows, so can I.
- 71. What kind of virtual protocols
do you have?
- 72. A veritable cornucopia, ranging from—
- 73. I've never sought that specific license,
but I can.
- 74. How long would that take?
- 75. Done.
- 76. Are you to be the patient?
- 77. No.
- 78. - Hey.
- I'll take care of it.
- 79. Oh, here she is.
- 80. Ms. Prescott. To what do I owe
the complete lack of pleasure?
- 81. Detective Ortega. Nice to see you, too.
- 82. And save the attitude.
I'm just here to invite you to dinner.
- 83. I'd rather starve.
- 84. I'm afraid you don't have much choice.
Captain, perhaps you could—
- 85. Ms. Prescott has requested a permit
for an Extreme Organic Damage event
- 86. at Suntouch House tonight.
- 87. This permit's time-stamped
two hours ago.
- 88. Fucking Meth bullshit.
No one gets these approved that fast.
- 89. Be that as it may, Mr. Bancroft
would like you to monitor the bout
- 90. on behalf of the Bay City Police.
- 91. That's a job for a Uni.
- 92. You've been specially requested.
It's an honor.
- 93. Thank you, Captain.
- 94. And I'll see you tonight, Detective.
- 95. Seriously? I have cases to work.
- 96. You can work them tomorrow.
- 97. Tonight, you kiss the ring.
- 98. Whatever this thing is
with you and Bancroft,
- 99. I need you to bury it
for the good of the department.
- 100. So just go, accept the honor
of being invited to the Aerium
- 101. on behalf of all us lowly grounders.
- 102. Smile, nod, and then get the hell out.
- 103. - Ah. Just the man I'm looking for.
- Shut up and get out.
- 104. Can we skip to the next part,
or do I gotta knock you out again?
- 105. This time, I'm ready for you—
- 106. See, if you want to lose a fight,
you should talk about it first.
- 107. This some of your
terrorist brainwashing bullshit?
- 108. Nah, just some friendly advice
from the guy who just disarmed you.
- 109. To offer you some gainful employment.
- 110. Which you could clearly use.
You were pretty good backup.
- 111. I thought we could work a trade.
You help me, and, uh... I'll help Lizzie.
- 112. I'm not letting you near my daughter
- 113. She needs psychosurgery.
- 114. - Who's gonna pay for that?
- I'll just put it on the Bancroft tab.
- 115. I'm not taking anything from that fuck.
- 116. I don't think he did it.
- 117. He's into consensual death.
- 118. - He replaces the sleeves he kills.
- That's fucked up.
- 119. - It's true. Doesn't make him guilty.
- Sure doesn't make him innocent, either.
- 120. Let's make a deal. I'll keep looking into
what happened to Lizzie,
- 121. and if I find out that Bancroft did it
and you wanna blow his brains out...
- 122. I'm not gonna stop you.
I'll hand you the fucking gun.
- 123. You don't care about Lizzie.
- 124. Don't take this personally, but...
- 125. I don't care about anyone.
- 126. But if it gets me what I want,
I'll still help her.
- 127. How?
- 128. - Salutations.
- Seriously, you've gotta stop that.
- 129. You've brought a friend
to my humble establishment.
- 130. Greetings, fine sir.
It is an honor to make your acquaintance.
- 131. I'm his partner.
- 132. No.
- 133. - I'm his esteemed colleague.
- Still no.
- 134. I am the proprietor of the hotel.
- 135. He is the hotel.
- 136. - This is Poe.
- I knew this place was too empty.
- 137. - Is this one of those freaky AI place—
- You are in the Raven.
- 138. An establishment of peerless repute,
- 139. And extra room, virtual and otherwise.
Tell him, Poe.
- 140. I have upskilled for psychosurgery
to Protocol Level Nine
- 141. and prepared a VR suite for your daughter.
- 142. She must be removed from human contact.
- 143. Every time she is spun back up,
her mental state deteriorates.
- 144. So you're saying—
I can heal her mind.
- 145. But you will not be able to see her.
- 146. For how long?
- 147. I cannot say until I've assessed her.
But her condition sounds severe.
- 148. No.
- 149. Not at all.
- 150. Do I have your consent?
- 151. In the field, you're under fire...
- 152. a guy goes down, he's injured,
but he's too heavy to carry.
- 153. You rip his stack and you move on.
Kill a sleeve to save his life.
- 154. I'm afraid I cannot construe
your graphic war—
- 155. I understand that sometimes you have to
get burned to pull somebody from the fire.
- 156. I consent.
- 157. Your faith in me is not misplaced, sir.
- 158. If it is,
- 159. I will personally reduce this place
to a smoking pile of rubble,
- 160. and you along with it.
- 161. Ah.
- 162. Lovely.
- 163. So what do you want from me?
- 164. You look like a man
with friends in low places.
- 165. I need some hardware.
- 166. What are you doing?
- 167. Detecting.
- 168. That is my job after all.
- 169. Okay, think about this.
- 170. What do we really know
about Mary Lou Henchy?
- 171. What? They found the body.
- 172. Tanaka was right.
The mom got what she wanted.
- 173. Yeah, but we didn't clear it.
- 174. That would be,
as I believe you pointed out,
- 175. because it's not your case. Leave it.
- 176. What we know is...
- 177. she fell out of the sky from nowhere.
Which is impossible.
- 178. So she must have been
tossed out of an aircar—
- 179. Still not your case.
- 180. Mary Lou Henchy was thrown
from somewhere up high.
- 181. And quite a few of the people that
live up there will be at Suntouch tonight.
- 182. All the times we've wanted
to question Meths and been stonewalled,
- 183. and now... I've been invited
into a house full of them.
- 184. You know, your father asked me
to look out for you before he died.
- 185. Perfect. Then you can patch into my ONI
and remote scan their vehicles.
- 186. Absolutely not.
- 187. Why do you have a picture
of Chief Justice Ertekin on your monitor?
- 188. Because she's gonna be
at Bancroft's tonight,
- 189. along with all these other Meths.
- 190. It's the guest list.
- 191. AKA potential suspects
in Mary Lou's death.
- 192. It's gonna be great.
- 193. Gotta find something to wear.
- 194. Good news, everyone.
It's sugar skull season again!
- 195. Día de los Muertos is tomorrow
and preparations are in full swing.
- 196. Takeshi Kovacs?
What kind of schizophrenic name is that?
- 197. It's Slavic and Japanese.
- 198. In the case of my parents,
a match made in hell.
- 199. Here you go. There we go.
- 200. Okay, take care, you guys. Be good.
- 201. Here.
- 202. I said I needed weapons,
not malted milk balls. Point-one-six percent actual fruit.
- 203. Go on.
- 204. - Credit check.
- Fuck you, credit check,
- 205. you broke-as-fuck jarhead.
I ain't got no freebies.
- 206. Nothin' for you.
- 207. Credit approved.
- 208. That's right, motherfucker.
- 209. - Consider these classic beauties.
- 210. If I wanted cheap and legal,
I'd go to HugeMart, not you.
- 211. Stop trying to unload your old inventory
and show us the good stuff.
- 212. Ingram 40 flechette gun.
- 213. Now this is what I'm talking about.
- 214. R and D.
- 215. Uses flanged armor-piercing rounds.
Ten-round clip. Homing tech on board.
- 216. Don't put your hand there.
- 217. Here, I'll show you.
- 218. Son of a bitch!
- 219. Put the gun down.
- 220. You two are sweet.
- 221. Stay down.
- 222. That's why.
- 223. Reverse the field generator,
- 224. the flechette homes
through a plasma chamber,
- 225. autoloads right into the mag.
- 226. You could have skewered me
like a kebab. Twice!
- 227. I'll take it.
- 228. That's a nice piece of custom
you got there. You mind?
- 229. Modified second series Nemex?
- 230. Hey!
- 231. A guy who doesn't need it anymore.
- 232. Fair enough.
- 233. Yeah.
- 234. Tebbit knife.
- 235. Tantalum steel alloy blade.
Flint in the pommel for weighting.
- 236. Runnel's coated with Reaper.
- 237. Uh, betathanatine. Shit scientists
cooked up to study near-death experience.
- 238. Deeper you stab,
the more dose you get.
- 239. Ring it up. Plus whatever he wants.
- 240. Uh, give me a... Ooh. Sunjet 2320.
- 241. Yeah.
- 242. Classics never go out of style.
- 243. You must learn the weakness of weapons.
- 244. This sleeve is a tool.
- 245. It does not control me. I control it.
- 246. The true strength of the wolf isn't fangs,
speed, and skill. It's the pack.
- 247. Whatever world you needlecast into,
build a pack.
- 248. Find ways to inspire loyalty
in a few capable locals.
- 249. Even if many of them
will ultimately be expendable.
- 250. We are Envoys.
- 251. And we take what is offered.
- 252. What's with all the pink?
- 253. It's Poe's idea of nonthreatening.
- 254. Looks like the inside
of someone's stomach.
- 255. She's not saying anything.
- 256. It's not working.
- 257. I am here for whatever you require.
You have my most solemn oath.
- 258. They took Mommy away
because she stole stars from the sky.
- 259. They ripped her soul out
through her eyes and froze it.
- 260. Now she just spins around and around,
- 261. a dancer in the frost.
- 262. She has icicles in her hair.
- 263. I will let nothing harm you in this place.
- 264. No. Where'd they go?
- 265. She spoke! She spoke.
- 266. She did. He's making progress.
- 267. He's not even human.
- 268. - The right thing. She's a guest now.
- I mean, he'd die to protect her.
- 269. Poe can be very... focused.
- 270. She's safe.
- 271. Which means I kept my part of the bargain.
- 272. So now you want me to go to Bancroft's
with you to a party?
- 273. I don't know what I'm walking into.
I need you to watch my six.
- 274. Shopping and a night out.
You need to get a girlfriend, man.
- 275. I'm not bringing you along
so you can take a shot at Bancroft.
- 276. - You're there to watch my back.
- I got you.
- 277. Nothing else.
- 278. I got you.
- 279. Gonna need to search the bag, sir.
- 280. I would've left it in the car, but I
really don't trust this neighborhood.
- 281. Drink, gentlemen?
- 282. Fuckin' penguin suit?
- 283. My apologies, sir.
- 284. I'm afraid this is the best I could do
on such short notice.
- 285. No weapons on the grounds.
- 286. Son of a bitch.
- 287. I like your idea of fashion.
- 288. Laurens asked everyone to bring
something utterly unique.
- 289. Didn't he tell you?
- 290. A theme party
- 291. I assume he has ulterior motives.
- 292. There was a spybot in our room last night.
- 293. Someone was watching.
- 294. Were they?
- 295. I trust my charming wife
is keeping you entertained?
- 296. Extremely.
- 297. My apologies then, but you and I
have got some business we need to discuss.
- 298. Meet me upstairs.
- 299. - See you in a moment.
- 300. Miriam.
- 301. Be careful.
- 302. All right.
- 303. Everyone on the invite list
is accounted for,
- 304. so let's start checking them off.
- 305. Oh, only 276 aircars to track.
- 306. We only need flight logs
for one specific night.
- 307. And most of the cars were on the ground
- 308. in the time Mary Lou Henchy
could have been tossed.
- 309. They'll be easy to eliminate.
- 310. Yeah, easy for you to say,
because I'll be doing it.
- 311. - Quit bitching.
- I'm not bitching.
- 312. You gotta be kidding me.
- 313. - Son of a bitch Kovacs is here.
- Okay, try to relax. Have a cocktail.
- 314. - They've got the good stuff up there.
- You don't even drink.
- 315. I'm a Muslim, not a monk.
- 316. I don't begrudge you infidels
a little mood modification,
- 317. especially if it makes you lay off
your crazy conspiracy theories.
- 318. Thanks. I appreciate that.
- 319. Anytime. That's what I'm here for.
- 320. Kristin Ortega, BCPD. Organic Damage.
- 321. Normally a street cop does that.
- 322. Yeah. Don't fucking remind me.
- 323. Sir, you have to lose the ring.
- 324. My sleeve got killed in the last bout.
This one's got bigger hands.
- 325. - But it's a wedding ring so...
- I made him jam it on.
- 326. You
- 327. Gotta provide for the kids somehow, right?
- 328. Hey, Lieutenant.
Like the uniform.
- 329. They fight to the sleeve death.
- 330. The winner gets an upgraded combat sleeve.
The loser gets a downgraded one.
- 331. And they're married.
- 332. What? So you go home to your kids
- 333. Oh, they're used to it.
- 334. Five and seven.
- 335. They're not used to it.
- 336. I need a drink.
- 337. Why are you here?
- 338. - I told you, there's nothing here for you.
- Someone bugged my room last night.
- 339. That feels like something.
- 340. You think any one of these people
would bother spying on you?
- 341. They were either watching me
or Miriam Bancroft.
- 342. Miriam was in your room last night
- 343. Looking for leverage.
- 344. She get any
- 345. I think you'd be more interested
in who was spying on me.
- 346. You slept with a suspect?
- 347. There's no suspect
if there's no case, right?
- 348. That's not a denial.
- 349. Stay out of my way.
- 350. No problem.
- 351. Something you wanna tell me?
- 352. Yes, I've been giving some thought
to which of our guests
- 353. might warrant your attention
- 354. and which certainly are not suspects.
- 355. I thought you were gonna tell me
- 356. about your habit of going to biocabins
and beating women nearly to death?
- 357. Didn't consider it
to be particularly important.
- 358. Yes, I have spent some time
in purchased sexual release,
- 359. both virtual and real.
- 360. But then, I've also spent time
- 361. or indulging my passion
for null-gravity knife fighting.
- 362. You certainly find some enemies there.
- 363. But I have never taken a single life.
- 364. Unlike you, I have a line
that I am very careful not to cross.
- 365. You better watch yourself.
Are you okay?
- 366. My son cannot hold his liquor.
- 367. Maybe he pulled the trigger.
- 368. Isaac? I only wish he had the balls. Often wonder where I went wrong
with that one.
- 369. - Gave him every advantage.
- Except one.
- 370. There's a natural order
to birth and death.
- 371. Boy changing to a man. You interrupted it.
- 372. Natural order? You sound
like one of those insane Neo-Catholics.
- 373. You've lost comrades, Mr. Kovacs.
- 374. People you cared for... or loved, even.
- 375. If you'd lived in this time,
you could have them all back.
- 376. So whatever the price is,
surely you'd be happy to pay it.
- 377. Death isn't up to us to give or withhold.
- 378. Oh.
- 379. You think we should leave it up to God,
- 380. Oh, Mr. Kovacs, haven't you heard?
God is dead.
- 381. We have taken his place.
- 382. If you're a god, then, uh,
what the hell do you need me for?
- 383. Every deity has minions.
- 384. Observe. Absorb.
- 385. Find what others have missed.
- 386. He throws a party
with his brains on the wall as decor.
- 387. Best news of the year?
When I heard he got torched.
- 388. I once hated Laurens.
- 389. But 100 years pass
and you realize there's just no upside.
- 390. We are all going to go through the rest
of humanity's future stuck together.
- 391. Excuse me.
- 392. I can't believe we've never met.
- 393. Been offworld. Just came back
to settle an old debt with Laurens,
- 394. but someone else beat me to it.
- 395. You don't approve?
- 396. It's terrifying that a killer
could get to one of us.
- 397. Sickening.
- 398. You don't think he killed himself?
- 399. Whoever murdered him
must be found and punished
- 400. or we're all in danger.
- 401. Abboud, I want you to scan someone for me.
- 402. Guy I'm looking at
wasn't on the invite list.
- 403. I don't see anybody.
- 404. Where the hell have you been?
You're supposed to be watching my back.
- 405. These people drink like fish.
I keep having to get refills.
- 406. No.
- 407. Jesus Christ!
- 408. Give us a moment, please?
- 409. Only way you stay
is if you're unconscious.
- 410. It's your call.
- 411. You can't say anything about this.
- 412. - You know who I am.
- I know who you're not.
- 413. I have no idea what you mean.
- 414. Uh...
- 415. Fine. I'm Naomi.
- 416. The 12th daughter.
- 417. And you are?
- 418. Wondering why you're fucking
in your mother's sleeve.
- 419. Her clones are state of the art.
- 420. Why wouldn't I want
to take 'em for a spin?
- 421. I have fun, okay?
- 422. And friends like Curtis
have even more fun.
- 423. The gun that killed your father
- 424. was locked in a bio-coded safe that
only he or your mother could open.
- 425. Mmm-hmm.
- 426. Or a kid wearing her mother's sleeve.
- 427. First of all, I'm not a kid.
I'm 67 years old.
- 428. And secondly, if my father dies,
like, real death dies,
- 429. the family gets nothing.
It's written into his will.
- 430. So, if I killed him, I'd be penniless.
And I do not do penniless.
- 431. That's how he protects himself.
- 432. For children who were
never allowed to grow up...
- 433. greed isn't the only motive for killing.
- 434. Excuse me,
is this young man bothering you?
- 435. I was still talking!
- 436. He told a joke about a samurai
having carnal relations
- 437. with an alley cat.
- 438. It was a metaphor for my experience
with Japanese assholes like you.
- 439. Your deal with Mr. Bancroft
hardly requires you to endure abuse.
- 440. Apologies.
- 441. That accord was months in the making.
- 442. It will not be broken by this child.
- 443. Excuse me.
- 444. Get off me!
- 445. How drunk do you have to get
to go Oedipal on the old man?
- 446. I'm not stupid. He's backed up.
We're all backed up.
- 447. Mr. Kovacs,
what do you think you're doing?
- 448. Isaac, are you okay?
- 449. You're crazy. You know that?
- 450. I expected something more impressive than
slamming a spoiled child against a wall.
- 451. - Maybe I was wrong about you, Mr. Kovacs.
- Since we just met, chances are good.
- 452. Clarissa Severin.
I deal in art and antiquities.
- 453. And you're the Envoy.
- 454. Oh, don't worry. Oumou didn't say a word.
- 455. Laurens has been obsessed
with Quellcrist Falconer for...
- 456. Well, forever.
- 457. I really must thank you.
- 458. The finder's fee for something as unusual
as you was really quite considerable.
- 459. Find you at the bar, Oumou.
- 460. What finder's fee?
- 461. Do you understand what's at stake
if you humiliate yourself by—
- 462. Doing my job? Why do you suddenly care
about my table manners?
- 463. This isn't about me. It's about you.
- 464. My behavior isn't the issue—
- 465. How many non-Meths
are guests at this party?
- 466. Two. You and me.
- 467. Do you know how many years it took me
to get invited into this house as a guest
- 468. and not the help?
- 469. - You want to become one of them.
- I will become one.
- 470. Oh...
- 471. Clarissa suggested bringing you back and
took quite a commission on finding you.
- 472. You're just the intersection
between Bancroft's nostalgia
- 473. and Clarissa's business sense.
- 474. You're an indulgence,
like an overbred pet.
- 475. I wasn't any further
than I had been when I walked in the door.
- 476. But one thing I knew for sure.
- 477. Not one of these people gave a damn
about any life but their own.
- 478. For my unique object,
I brought this hand...
- 479. which belonged to Konrad Harlan,
Founding Father of Harlan's World.
- 480. And he has an important message
for everybody here.
- 481. It's brilliant.
Just call more attention to yourself.
- 482. Oh, come on, that was funny.
- 483. I chose to wear my unique object.
- 484. They tell us it's illegal
to download the human mind
- 485. into anything but a human body.
- 486. But I say fuck that.
- 487. Laws don't apply to people like us.
- 488. So meet Janus, a rapist and a murderer
- 489. who was scheduled for erasure
when I plucked him from the shredder
- 490. and I offered him a place by my side.
- 491. Hey.
- 492. No unauthorized personnel.
- 493. Oh. Huh.
- 494. It's too bad
he didn't read the fine print.
- 495. Not supposed to drink on duty.
- 496. Like these skyshits know
what being on duty is.
- 497. - Ooh-rah.
- Ooh-fuckin'-rah. Pass the hooch.
- 498. I was curious what would happen to a man
if you downloaded him into a reptile.
- 499. The neomammalian complex, stuffed
into the most base of basal ganglia.
- 500. For science.
- 501. Turns out you go quite mad.
- 502. I tried resleeving him once,
and he just lay on the ground and writhed.
- 503. So now he's a snake forever.
- 504. Reaper.
- 505. You'll only be out for a few minutes.
I need the room.
- 506. You shouldn't tell anybody about this,
because they'll fire you.
- 507. Oh, and take some analgesics
and be sure to hydrate when you wake up.
- 508. Tonight...
- 509. I offer you something more rare
than any of you can possibly imagine.
- 510. Something no one owns
in the entire Protectorate...
- 511. but me.
- 512. Ladies and gentlemen,
- 513. I give you the last Envoy.
- 514. Takeshi Kovacs.
- 515. Now, please...
- 516. enjoy the entertainment
we have for you tonight.
- 517. Please proceed to the arena.
- 518. Combat sleeves
to null-gravity-ready positions.
- 519. Yes.
- 520. I thought you didn't want to own me.
- 521. In this world,
- 522. the only real choice is between being
the purchaser and the purchased.
- 523. Shh!
- 524. Tonight,
- 525. combat to sleeve death...
- 526. between a married couple
who love each other.
- 527. Married fighters?
- 528. - Prepare to launch.
- Seems in poor taste.
- 529. No one is forcing them.
- 530. They could choose not to fight
if they wanted to.
- 531. three, two, one.
- 532. It is a marriage... after all.
- 533. Combat sleeves ready.
- 534. If you're trying to impress me,
- 535. You're far more entertaining
than you know, Mr. Kovacs.
- 536. Combat sleeves
must reenter null g-force field.
- 537. Take him out, I'll upgrade you both.
- 538. Destroy the Envoy!
- 539. Make him pay!
- 540. Shut it off.
- 541. Sorry, ma'am.
Fight sequence is locked.
- 542. Move. Move.
- 543. Elliot, where the fuck are you?
- 544. I'm busy right now.
I'll call you back, okay?
- 545. You're not licensed for this.
- 546. There's no paperwork on the Envoy.
- 547. Oh, dear.
One of those unfortunate accidents.
- 548. Legally, of course, he is my property.
- 549. Let's raise the stakes, shall we?
- 550. Oh, shit.
- 551. BCPD, give me that weapon!
- 552. Ah!
- 553. Gun just went off.
- 554. One of those unfortunate accidents.
- 555. Show's over, folks.
- 556. His sleeve...
- 557. it's wrecked!
- 558. You fought an Envoy and lived.
Call it good.
- 559. But nobody died. We get nothing!
- 560. I can't even afford to fix him.
- 561. Ah!
- 562. They can have my winnings.
Upgraded sleeves for both of 'em.
- 563. Or you gonna go back on your word?
- 564. By all means. It's only fair.
- 565. Let's start by being very clear
with one another, shall we?
- 566. Stay away from my wife.
- 567. So you're spying on her.
- 568. I— I don't need to spy on her.
- 569. No, when you've been married
to the same woman for over 100 years,
- 570. you know what she does
and you know what she can't help doing.
- 571. Why do you care
what your wife does in her spare time,
- 572. considering what you're doing in yours?
- 573. Your limited life experience
cannot possibly encompass what it is
- 574. to love another person for over 100 years.
- 575. You achieve something close to veneration.
- 576. How does one match such respect
with the basest desires of the flesh?
- 577. So you love your wife too much
to fuck her?
- 578. I certainly love my wife too much
to let you fuck her.
- 579. Now, do you have anything to report
on your investigations tonight?
- 580. No. Great party, though.
- 581. Thanks.
- 582. Where the hell were you?
- 583. I had shit of my own to take care of.
- 584. Nothing that could possibly be worth
letting me get cut to ribbons.
- 585. Surveillance data.
Night Lizzie disappeared.
- 586. Let you know when I scrub through it.
- 587. Yeah, I got nauseated.
- 588. This place, the way they live,
what they do for fun...
- 589. Nothing matters to them.
The longer they live, the worse it gets.
- 590. They get bored, so...
- 591. This is yours.
- 592. By the way, who are you?
- 593. Supposed to be my backup. And that's mine.
- 594. I didn't expect you to be
part of the floor show.
- 595. - Vernon Elliot.
- Kristin Ortega.
- 596. For just a few hours,
stay out of trouble, okay? Saving your ass is not my only job.
- 597. Whatever you say, Lieutenant.
- 598. I like her.
- 599. Wait ten minutes.
- 600. So, where you going?
- 601. I got something to chase down.
- 602. Uh, you need, uh... need some backup?
- 603. Let me catch up with you later.
- 604. Alice...
- 605. it's me... Ava.
- 606. What happened?
- 607. I'm sorry...
- 608. They made me do it.
- 609. Made you what?
- 610. I told you she'd do it.
- 611. Put him in number five.
How long you think he's gonna take?
- 612. Long as we need.
- 613. He's waking up. Dose him.
- 614. We stick together, Rei.
- 615. Never face the monsters alone.