- 1. Oh, shit.
- 2. Oh, shit. No, no. No.
- 3. Oh, my God.
- 4. Kristin.
- 5. Kristin.
- 6. Mama
- 7. Mama, where are you?
- 8. Kristin.
- 9. - Kristin. Kristin...
- Mama. Mama. Mama.
- 10. It's gonna be okay.
It's gonna be okay.
- 11. I promise, it's gonna be okay.
- 12. It's gonna be okay.
- 13. What?
- 14. He's behind you.
- 15. You defy a god.
- 16. You defy a god.
- 17. You defy a god.
- 18. Where are you
- 19. Where are you?
- 20. Come on!
- 21. Punishment must fit the transgression.
- 22. What do you mean, pendejo?
- 23. This isn't real. This is a construct.
- 24. Everything you've seen is real.
- 25. They're all dead.
I recorded it for you to relive.
- 26. Quite a few. But we are far from done.
- 27. I erase it and we start again.
- 28. No. No. No.
- 29. No!
- 30. No.
- 31. This is a construct.
- 32. How many times have I done this?
- 33. Not nearly enough.
- 34. No. No.
- 35. Let me out!
- 36. Do you hear me?
- 37. Can anyone hear me? Let me out!
- 38. Let me out!
- 39. Tak!
- 40. There are no guns on this ship
- 41. Don't.
- 42. Triggered against a stack,
- 43. those batons have enough current
to cause mental damage.
- 44. A few seconds longer, real death,
so I suggest you stay still.
- 45. Shit.
- 46. It's true.
- 47. Damn Ava Elliot.
- 48. It's all my idea.
She's doing what I asked.
- 49. Don't think for a second
you haven't broken my heart by doing it.
- 50. Do I sound the alarm?
Alert the ship's staff?
- 51. No.
- 52. We give his people no warning
he's been caught.
- 53. Trace the satellite hack.
- 54. If it came from that hotel,
I want that AI reduced to nanodust.
- 55. Bring the others here.
- 56. - Rei, just listen to me.
- 57. You never listened to me.
- 58. When you joined the Protectorate,
when the yakuza bought me,
- 59. even when you said yes to the Envoys,
you made all the decisions.
- 60. It ends here.
- 61. The pulse blew out everything.
- 62. It's not rebooting. I can't get a signal.
- 63. I know.
- 64. Because I skipped over worry
- 65. - and went straight to full-on panic.
- 66. Yeah. I burnt that bitch down.
- 67. You should not have done that.
- 68. Why didn't your sensors tell you
that I had come inside?
- 69. Perhaps there's a malfunction
in your systems?
- 70. What... is happening?
- 71. Electron destabilizer.
- 72. No.
- 73. Miss Elizabeth?
- 74. Ah.
- 75. They're killing me in the real.
- 76. You cannot stay here.
They will come for you.
- 77. They were always coming.
- 78. Give me your hand.
I'll send you onto the Array.
- 79. - You'll be safe.
- 80. - No time to argue.
- I'll go, but I don't run away anymore.
- 81. I run toward.
- 82. Send me up to the sky.
- 83. - I cannot let you—
- I know the tree now,
- 84. the branches spreading in every direction.
And I can see them all.
- 85. AIs are easy to kill with the right tools.
- 86. If you don't send me, they catch me.
- 87. What is it that you see?
- 88. Salvation.
- 89. Death.
- 90. Mickey!
- 91. You shot him through the stack,
you son of a bitch!
- 92. Retribution.
- 93. Perhaps you could tell me
in what order
- 94. It's time for you to send me away.
- 95. - I can't.
- You can.
- 96. You do.
- 97. You already have.
- 98. You gave me so much.
- 99. Whatever it means to be human, Eddie...
- 100. You don't deserve to be called human,
you despicable creature.
- 101. And you are a dead machine walking.
- 102. Mmm
- 103. Then I will see you in hell.
- 104. I'm sending your mind
to Head in the Clouds.
- 105. Be careful, Lizzie.
- 106. You shouldn't be afraid for me.
- 107. You should be afraid for the monsters.
- 108. "And neither the angels in heaven above,
- 109. nor the demons down under the sea,
- 110. can ever dissever my soul
- 111. from the soul of the beautiful..."
- 112. Whose stack is this? I should say "was."
- 113. DHF is dark. No one's in here.
- 114. Whoever this was,
you won't be seeing them again.
- 115. Let's go.
- 116. Hey!
- 117. There's no one on the roster
to boot up in a synth tonight.
- 118. You're not supposed to be in there.
- 119. Let me guess.
- 120. Your boyfriend wants you
in some premium silicone?
- 121. Hmm?
- 122. It's Braeman in engineering, isn't it?
- 123. Yeah.
- 124. I'm not gonna report you.
- 125. I always wanted to try one of these out.
- 126. Hey. I don't like that look.
- 127. You act like you want it.
- 128. Oh, honey, you don't like this model?
- 129. I can be anyone you want.
- 130. No. Let me through!
- 131. Tanaka!
- 132. I need to talk to...
I need to talk to you.
- 133. - Can't go by here, ma'am.
- 134. This is a crime scene.
You've got no business here.
- 135. Not with me. Not anymore.
- 136. Because they still pay you?
- 137. Still think you're better than me.
- 138. Careful.
- 139. Or what
- 140. That's what you're worried about, right?
That you'll lose what you've got?
- 141. Your safety, your job, your life.
- 142. Let me tell you, Captain,
you already have.
- 143. I think you're confusing me with yourself.
- 144. I came here to try to do the right thing.
- 145. Now, I know you have no reason
to trust me,
- 146. but I believe you have a core of decency
and I am trying to find mine.
- 147. Whatever you want from me...
- 148. I can't.
- 149. Get her out of here.
- 150. I know where she is,
because I know who has her.
- 151. All you have to do is ask me.
- 152. Ask me where Ortega is.
- 153. Hey. Hey. It's okay. Hey. Hey.
- 154. Hey.
- 155. Kristin... Kristin...
- 156. No!
- 157. You bitch!
- 158. - Let go of me!
- I'll do whatever you want.
- 159. Good. Choose which one of them
gets their stack blown out.
- 160. Or I'll have them all killed right now.
- 161. - Don't do this.
- I'm not going to.
- 162. You are.
- 163. There's one bullet.
- 164. One. Choose.
- 165. This isn't about them. It's about us.
- 166. You made it about them.
- 167. It's time for you to evolve.
- 168. Transformation is always painful.
- 169. But I changed to make myself stronger.
- 170. You can, too.
- 171. All you have to do is pick one.
- 172. This is real power.
- 173. Cutting away the things
that make you weak one at a time.
- 174. Embrace that power.
- 175. Be on the winning side.
- 176. Let 'em go...
- 177. or you'll lose everything.
- 178. Come back to me, Tak.
- 179. Please...
- 180. You won't do it.
- 181. Wait. Please!
- 182. You think I'd give you a loaded gun?
- 183. You think you love her, don't you?
- 184. I can't stand this fucking asshole.
- 185. Right. You're hopelessly unavailable
and doomed to die.
- 186. You really do have a type.
- 187. - So I'll kill her first.
- No, no. Wait, wait.
- 188. Don't.
- 189. Okay.
- 190. Okay. I'll stay.
- 191. It'll just be the two of us.
Just like it was.
- 192. Just let 'em go.
- 193. It's a start.
- 194. Take them away.
- 195. I'm saving them for you.
You're gonna kill each one of them.
- 196. And by the time you do,
you won't even care.
- 197. Who are you?
- 198. I paid for this floor to be clear.
- 199. I didn't dial for the S and M package.
- 200. Although, maybe I'll just take it anyway.
- 201. It's on the house.
- 202. I've done everything I can
to try and get you to understand.
- 203. I've acted like the little girl
you miss so much.
- 204. I'm out of patience.
- 205. - Fight and your fireflies pay.
- What are you doing?
- 206. Taking out that wirecam.
- 207. No one's ever gonna see that recording.
- 208. And while we're at it,
let's get rid of that sleeve.
- 209. - No.
- I'm a Meth.
- 210. We take what we want, when we want.
- 211. Like the Ortega children?
- 212. They were raw material.
- 213. A means to an end
to get the respect I'm owed.
- 214. They were kids. Just like we were.
- 215. You think I wear this because I miss her?
- 216. I don't miss her.
- 217. I hate her.
- 218. Mom was weak. She deserved to die.
- 219. I keep this as a reminder
never to be like her.
- 220. Rei-chan...
- 221. Don't call me that.
I'm not that pathetic little girl anymore.
- 222. I killed her...
- 223. and became something stronger.
- 224. Faster.
Can't go faster.
- 225. You fucking stabbed—
He's bleeding. Okay? He's hurt.
- 226. All pain is instructional.
It warns you, "Don't do this."
- 227. Perhaps you should have listened.
- 228. You're not authorized to be in this area.
Return to your room.
- 229. Get to Kovacs! Go!
- 230. Oh, my God.
- 231. Lizzie?
- 232. I'm gonna show you how much I love you.
- 233. I'm sorry for all the times I failed you.
- 234. I'm gonna eat you up.
- 235. Hold him still.
- 236. This ship, I'm going to kill it.
- 237. All the systems
run through these terminals.
- 238. She's gonna cut the main power
and the backups,
- 239. and we have to throw all three relays
at the same moment.
- 240. The Elliots are gonna bring
this fucker down.
- 241. Flip the switches when I say.
- 242. Ready Go.
- 243. Kovacs!
- 244. Warning. This aircraft
has suffered a catastrophic power loss.
- 245. Please evacuate.
- 246. No more dead children.
- 247. Who's gonna stop me?
- 248. This aircraft will begin
to lose altitude in less than ten minutes.
- 249. Please evacuate immediately.
- 250. Your mother prayed to God when she died.
- 251. Where's your God now?
- 252. You'll meet him soon enough, you bastard.
- 253. I'll kill you before I let you put me
in a cage.
- 254. - Everybody off this ship! Let's go. Move!
- 255. This aircraft will begin
to lose altitude...
- 256. ... in five minutes.
- 257. Don't!
- 258. He's mine.
- 259. What are you doing?
You're bought and paid for.
- 260. Not today.
- 261. No, please.
- 262. My mother prayed to God,
and he put you in my arms.
- 263. Please.
- 264. So tell me...
- 265. are you a believer, motherfucker?
- 266. Kovacs!
- 267. - Kovacs!
- Reileen Kawahara!
- 268. Open the door! BCPD!
- 269. - You are under arrest!
- Kovacs, can you hear me?
- 270. Get back. Get back.
- 271. They'll never get in.
- 272. Then we stay here.
- 273. We crash, but you'll still stand trial.
- 274. I'm not going on ice.
- 275. Warning. This aircraft
will begin to lose altitude...
- 276. in three minutes.
- 277. Help me.
- 278. We can make it out to the hull,
over to the escape pods.
- 279. You might as well shoot me.
- 280. Help me and I'll give you back Quell.
- 281. What?
- 282. I backed her up.
Right before the explosion.
- 283. She didn't even know.
- 284. It's the unanswered question.
- 285. The mystery that needs to be solved.
- 286. Where is she?
- 287. Her DHF is hidden.
You'll never find her without me.
- 288. You can have her back.
- 289. Everything she knew, everything she was,
right up to the last moment.
- 290. You saw me. You heard me.
- 291. Because deep in your mind...
- 292. I always knew.
- 293. Help me escape and she's yours.
- 294. I can't.
- 295. You can't.
- 296. Do what I say
or you'll never get her back.
- 297. Never see her again.
- 298. You've become everything
we fought against.
- 299. Go on. Do it.
- 300. I'll never stop.
- 301. I'll never stop.
- 302. Kovacs!
- 303. No. No. Kovacs!
- 304. Kovacs, fucking answer me! Answer me!
- 305. Kovacs?
- 306. Goodbye.
- 307. Oh, God. Oh, God.
- 308. Listen to me.
- 309. Listen to me,
you've gotta get out of there.
- 310. You've gotta get out of there.
- 311. I'm staying with her.
- 312. This aircraft
will begin to lose altitude in
- 313. - one minute.
- Come on. Come on, get out of there.
- 314. Please, open the door. Please? Come on.
- 315. Please just make it worth something.
- 316. I'm not leaving without you.
- 317. Kristin, go!
- 318. No!
- 319. - Come on.
- 320. She was my sister...
- 321. and I loved her.
- 322. She lost her path.
- 323. But in her own way, she loved you back.
- 324. Warning.
This aircraft is now losing altitude.
- 325. I'll stay, Tak.
- 326. I'll always be with you.
- 327. Tell me a story.
- 328. Something that doesn't end
in death and tragedy.
- 329. Long ago,
- 330. and worlds away,
- 331. there was a young princess,
- 332. orphaned in a time of war.
- 333. She was called upon
to lead the armies of her kingdom,
- 334. for there was no other.
- 335. She was the fiercest of warriors,
- 336. beloved of her people,
unstoppable on the field.
- 337. She rode out every day
and saved her subjects
- 338. in battle after battle.
- 339. But every night,
when the fighting was done,
- 340. she was alone.
- 341. Until one day, a peasant boy came
looking to join her army.
- 342. Lonely and angry and fierce as she.
- 343. For the first time,
- 344. she found that when she strode out
onto the field to save others,
- 345. there was someone at her side
who had come to save her.
- 346. Then there came
the darkest battle of the war.
- 347. The princess and her peasant boy stood,
side by side,
- 348. and vowed that they would be separated
by nothing less than death itself.
- 349. She fell to an enemy sword...
- 350. and died before his eyes.
- 351. And those who heard the story cried
for the death of love.
- 352. This is an unusual situation, Mr. Kovacs.
- 353. We were able to pull your stack
from the wreckage in the bay,
- 354. but your sleeve was killed on impact.
- 355. So that's why we're in virtual. That's part of what's unusual.
- 356. Your counterpart has refused
to be debriefed in the real.
- 357. Well, I've been on an island getting laid
and he crashed and died,
- 358. so the least I could do was share
the same shitty virtual questioning.
- 359. - It's a solidarity thing.
- That would be exactly the problem.
- 360. Although there's a pardon
for Takeshi Kovacs,
- 361. it's only for one of you.
- 362. The UN has taken over
- 363. due to the sensitive nature
of what you've uncovered,
- 364. and while we're grateful for the service
you've both done for the Protectorate
- 365. in exposing this criminal activity...
- 366. We can't allow two Kovacs DHFs
to survive. It's illegal.
- 367. So one of us has gotta die.
- 368. It'll be your decision.
- 369. - Together.
- All right, let me talk to him.
- 370. And I choose the construct.
- 371. The look on her face.
- 372. The look on her face
when I pulled the trigger.
- 373. It was almost relief.
- 374. Maybe she realized what she'd become.
- 375. A way for her to let go.
- 376. You saw her eyes.
- 377. Could you tell?
- 378. I don't know.
- 379. And I don't think I ever will.
- 380. We gotta decide whose memories to keep,
yours or mine.
- 381. That's a funny way to ask
which one of us is gonna die.
- 382. Play for it?
- 383. Rock, paper, scissors?
- 384. Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord.
- 385. Let perpetual light shine upon them.
- 386. May their souls
and all the souls of the departed...
- 387. through the mercy of God...
- 388. rest in peace.
- 389. Amen.
- 390. How?
- 391. I was double-sleeved.
- 392. One of us died.
- 393. Which one are you?
- 394. The one you said goodbye to.
- 395. - Mmm.
- It's beautiful, Miriam. Stunning.
- 396. I can't believe that I am looking
at the fossil of an actual Elder.
- 397. Mmm-hmm.
- 398. It makes you wonder if memories
of Elder civilization
- 399. are what gave us the idea for angels.
- 400. He slagged his own stack.
- 401. He has an archaic streak.
You'd call it honor.
- 402. The fool wanted to forget,
- 403. as if that would make him clean
of what he'd done.
- 404. Explosive allegations implicating
- 405. Meth mogul and one of the richest men
of the Settled Worlds,
- 406. in murder and sleeve death.
- 407. The crash last week of Head in the Clouds,
one of the Houses,
- 408. is said to be related.
- 409. It's alleged Bancroft killed himself
- 410. in an attempt to escape feeling guilt
for his crime,
- 411. but not until after
he illegally influenced
- 412. the members of the UN Court
to defeat Resolution 653.
- 413. Pressure is mounting in the court
to reconsider 653,
- 414. which would allow victims
to testify against their killers,
- 415. even if they have religious coding
on their stacks.
- 416. Laurens, whatever you've done...
- 417. I'll stand by you.
- 418. I...
- 419. I may be many things,
but I am not a murderer.
- 420. Of course.
- 421. Prescott didn't kill you.
- 422. Get out.
- 423. You were alone in this room.
- 424. You weren't insane. Just a coward.
- 425. No.
- 426. No, I know who I am.
- 427. And in essence, I am a decent man.
- 428. You're about to be arrested
for the real death of Lena Rentang.
- 429. I don't even know who that is.
- 430. That's 'cause you blew out your own stack
to forget about her.
- 431. So this criminal Kawahara woman
makes up a story and it gets on the feeds.
- 432. No one will believe it.
- 433. They'll believe Mary Lou Henchy.
- 434. See, Reileen had her stack,
and they just pulled it out of the bay.
- 435. As soon as 653 moves forward,
Mary Lou's gonna talk.
- 436. I mean, even if you're right,
that I real death'd that girl...
- 437. the person who did that is dead.
I destroyed him.
- 438. You erased the memory, not the act.
- 439. This cannot be the man I am.
- 440. You lived too long.
- 441. I believed...
- 442. I believed I had a line I would not cross.
- 443. I believed I had a conscience.
- 444. To put a gun to your own head
when you want to live...
- 445. that takes the will of a demon.
- 446. You thought you were a god.
You're more like the devil himself.
- 447. Sir, police are waiting downstairs.
- 448. Look after the family, Isaac.
- 449. I'll leave everything to you.
- 450. As I should have done, a long time ago.
- 451. I surrender myself
for the crimes I have committed.
- 452. We're not done here.
- 453. Right, Miriam?
- 454. What?
- 455. I certainly have no idea.
- 456. Say what you came to say.
- 457. For the longest time,
I couldn't remember what happened to me.
- 458. I couldn't even speak.
- 459. But I can now.
- 460. I got pregnant.
- 461. I came up here to tell you,
but you weren't here.
- 462. She was.
- 463. - Whore.
- You watch what you say to my daughter!
- 464. You hit me and you kicked me
and you kept kicking me.
- 465. I remember it all.
- 466. That's a lie.
- 467. Oh, my God.
- 468. I only wanted to talk to her.
- 469. I offered her money.
I offered her anything she wanted,
- 470. if she'd just get rid of it.
- 471. I got angry.
- 472. It was an accident.
- 473. You took my baby from me!
- 474. You had to have her stopped
from getting spun back up.
- 475. You asked me to get you a fixer.
So I got you the best.
- 476. So Reileen took her
to the Wei Clinic, drove her crazy,
- 477. and dumped her in an alley.
- 478. The cops didn't care
about another sleeve-dead hooker,
- 479. so no one found out about the baby.
- 480. Oh, for God's sake, Miriam.
- 481. You don't understand.
- 482. The children are all I have.
- 483. The children are mine!
- 484. But then Reileen wanted something back,
so she had you drug your husband.
- 485. It was you?
- 486. It was you who betrayed me?
- 487. Don't you talk to me about betrayal.
- 488. You did this to me.
- 489. We have ruined each other.
- 490. Haven't we?
- 491. Miriam Bancroft, you're under arrest
for the sleeve death of Elizabeth Elliot
- 492. and the forcible termination
of her pregnancy against her will.
- 493. Ava Elliot was pardoned.
- 494. I paid off her sleeve mortgage,
and got her her real body back.
- 495. Lizzie kept the synth.
- 496. When anyone asks her why, she says,
"Because it's not real."
- 497. And she doesn't know if she is, either.
- 498. 653 passed.
The dead could now accuse their murderers.
- 499. The world changed. For all of us.
- 500. - There's nothing left to unpack.
- 501. We can't be done.
- 502. Ryker?
- 503. He's a lucky guy.
- 504. You're the reason why he was cleared.
That's not luck.
- 505. He was cleared 'cause he was innocent.
- 506. He deserves to get his life back.
- 507. Everything he lost.
- 508. And after you turn Ryker's sleeve in...
- 509. where will you go?
- 510. I don't know.
- 511. I don't know anything...
- 512. except that she's still alive.
- 513. Good luck, Takeshi Kovacs.
- 514. After his princess died,
- 515. the peasant boy wandered the world...
- 516. lost to despair.
- 517. Until one day, he came upon an immortal
- 518. who told him his princess
had been stolen,
- 519. trapped in an enchantment.
- 520. So now he seeks her,
across this world and every other.
- 521. Because somewhere,
- 522. sealed behind frozen glass
and thick walls of deadly thorns,
- 523. she sleeps...
- 524. waiting to be awakened.
- 525. And someday, without fail,
he will find her.