- 1. In 1999, the Akihabara maid cafe industry
was led by two major players:
- 2. The Creatureland and Maidalien Groups.
- 3. The two forces were in a delicate balance.
- 4. Despite minor scuffles among bottom-rung cafes,
- 5. the town maintained a façade of peace.
- 6. But then, Ranko Mannen returns after serving time
for a gang war from fifteen years ago.
- 7. She reenters the maid business.
- 8. On her very first day,
- 9. Ranko annihilates a maid cafe
belonging to a rival group.
- 10. She raids a casino, an underground fight club,
- 11. and even a cafe affiliated with the same parent group.
- 12. As tensions rise to a breaking point,
- 13. the one behind Maidalien's rise to prominence,
- 14. a maid known as the Crimson Supernova,
- 15. is returning to Akiba.
- 16. It's an honor to have you back.
- 17. Gotta feel the winds of freedom, ya know?
- 18. Okaerinasaimase goshujinsama
- 19. Okaerinasaimase ojousama
- 20. Okaerinasaimase goshujinsama
- 21. Okaerinasaimase ojousama
- 22. Okaerinasaimase goshujinsama
- 23. Ranchiki tappuri omuraisu
- 24. Oishikunaare moe moe kyun
- 25. Milk tappuri aijou tappuri
- 26. Mahou o kakemasho moe moe kyun
- 27. Kyou mo takkusan goshujinsama
- 28. Ga kite kurete shiawase ippai da buu
- 29. Moe moe no mori kara kimashita
- 30. Tokoton ganbaru maid da buu
- 31. Okaerinasaimase goshujinsama
- 32. Kawaii wa seigi da buu
- 33. Saikou saikyou aashi no make, tension oni age
- 34. My makeup's just the bomb, like, O.M.G.!
- 35. Yasai mashi mashi karame mashi abura mashi mashi ninniku oome
- 36. Yasai mashi mashi karame mashi abura mashi mashi ninniku oome
- 37. Ramen, extra veggies, topped with sauce, fat, and garlic aplenty
- 38. Okaerinasaimase butagoya e
- 39. Okaerinasaimase butagoya e
- 40. Welcome home to the pigsty!
- 41. Hey! Watashi no maid way!
- 42. Hey! This is my maid way!
- 43. Hey! Watashi no maid way!
- 44. Kimi no heart ni Doon! Doon! Doon!
- 45. Shot through your heart like, Boom! Boom! Boom!
- 46. Kimi no heart ni Doon! Doon! Doon!
- 47. Anchikushou to cheki cheki cheki
- 48. Take an instax with the scumbag
- 49. Anchikushou to cheki cheki cheki
- 50. Hey! Meido no princess!
- 51. Hey! Maid princesses from Hell!
- 52. Hey! Meido no princess!
- 53. Oshite kunnakya Baan! Baan! Baan!
- 54. Stan for me or, Blam! Blam! Blam!
- 55. Oshite kunnakya Baan! Baan! Baan!
- 56. Pannier mau daikaiten
- 57. Petticoats whirl in a scuffle
- 58. Pannier mau daikaiten
- 59. Maid kissa de kakurenbo
- 60. Hide-and-seek at the maid cafe
- 61. Maid kissa de kakurenbo
- 62. Nice okyuuji daiseikyou
- 63. Nice service for booming sales
- 64. Nice okyuuji daiseikyou
- 65. Renai wa no no
- 66. Falling in love is a big no-no
- 67. Renai wa no no
- 68. Himitsu no hanazono
- 69. A cutesy garden of secrets
- 70. Himitsu no hanazono
- 71. Maidalien
- 72. Extra-Akiba
- 73. Terrestrials
- 74. Blood in a Sisterly Troth
- 75. and the Menace of the Red Bat
- 76. Manami, it's good to have you back.
- 77. Who th' hell are you?
- 78. I'm the current head, Ugaki.
- 79. From now on, you work for me.
- 80. How goes the Akiba Big Bang?
- 81. It's coming along just fine, of course.
- 82. Ever since I became head,
- 83. we've doubled our earnings with the number of cafes
gaining fast on Creatureland.
- 84. Why's it I see no one from Wuv-Wuv Moonbeam?
- 85. They're no longer with us.
- 86. The hell d'ya mean?
- 87. They misbehaved a tad too much and
got crushed by some Creature underlings.
- 88. It was a shame, really.
- 89. But anyway, Manami, put that down and eat up!
- 90. Flinging 'round guns and blades and bats
is a thing of the past.
- 91. What were y'all doing the seven years
I was eating prison slop, hmm?
- 92. Listen, Manami.
- 93. I'm the second-generation head.
- 94. You're just one of the senior members.
Remember your pla-
- 95. Don'tcha see havin' these softies here gon' make
Maidalien look like a bunch of wusses?
- 96. Those days are over, jeez.
- 97. You don't give a crap that they talk shit about us,
and you call yerself a fuckin' maid?
- 98. A maid's gotta have credibility.
- 99. C-calm down, Manami.
- 100. Aren'tcha angry?
- 101. Not settlin' a score ain't what we maids do.
- 102. Y-yes, of course.
Of course, you're right.
- 103. Then why don't'cha tell me more?
- 104. Which Creature bastards took out
- 105. D-doink Oink-oink...
- 106. It was Oinky Doink Cafe, Miss Manami.
- 107. Oinky Doink Cafe?
- 108. Creatureland
- 109. Greetings,
- 110. I hope that the early summer is finding you all well.
- 111. We are writing to announce that
- 112. has taken over as acting head of the Maidalien Group.
- 113. We hope for your continued guidance and support
- 114. as we begin this new chapter.
- 115. Sincerely yours,
- 116. Kazue Ugaki
- 117. Maidalien Group Head
- 118. Manami...
- 119. So the Crimson Supernova is back.
- 120. Wiping out a sister cafe, and a lucrative one like
Maid Sheep at that, is inexcusable, first of all.
- 121. Uh, they were the ones who-
- 122. Second of all,
- 123. Maidalien has lodged a complaint with us about
how you crushed Wuv-Wuv Moonbeam.
- 124. Um, after all this time?
- 125. It doesn't change the fact you did it.
- 126. But that wasn't really our fault...
- 127. I mean, are pigs really Creatures to begin with?
- 128. Pl-please let us still be Creatures!
- 129. Creatures are only called as such
when they contribute to the group.
- 130. Go over to Maidalien and settle this matter
of you crushing Wuv-Wuv Moonbeam.
- 131. That's what we're saying.
- 132. But, um, you can't expect a tiny cafe like us
to do anything about a major group like that.
- 133. If you can't, pigs will go extinct here in Akiba.
- 134. Oinky Doink Cafe
- 135. Ramen
- 136. Welcome.
- 137. Beer.
- 138. Plus soy sauce ramen and a pork cutlet rice bowl.
- 139. You in the same business?
- 140. Well, I-
- 141. Nah, no need.
- 142. I'm jus' here fer the chow today.
- 143. Make it two cups.
- 144. Never thought a joint like this'd still be around.
- 145. Young'uns these days just don't get it.
This is the stuff, though.
- 146. The fact that this ramen still exists
keeps me going here in Akiba.
- 147. Very well said, lady.
- 148. I appreciate it.
- 149. New ain't always the answer t' everything.
- 150. Some things best not change, or be changed.
- 151. Ya know?
- 152. Indeed.
- 153. Order's up.
- 154. So yeah, they're totally done for.
- 155. You sure?
- 156. Is something going on here?
- 157. Everyone's on edge.
- 158. Our group has changed its policies now that
this person called the Crimson Supernova is back.
- 159. They say we need to wipe out anything
in the way of the Akiba Big Bang.
- 160. We might have to go to war with Creatureland.
- 161. What?
- 162. But I want to be better friends with you, Nerula!
- 163. Nagomi...
- 164. I need everyone at Oinky Doink.
- 165. Friend of yours?
- 166. Yes! This is Nerula from Invader Cafe Destron!
- 167. It's very nice to meet you.
- 168. I'm the manager at Oinky Doink.
- 169. Nice to meet ya!
- 170. The pleasure's all mine.
- 171. Nagomi, let's go.
- 172. Oh, uh right.
- 173. See you!
- 174. So yeah, it's now our job
to do something about Maidalien.
- 175. "Something"?
- 176. To put it bluntly, it means we're supposed to go die.
- 177. You mean Creatureland's abandoning us?
- 178. For real?
- 179. Let's take the five million yen from Sheep and run for it.
- 180. You really think there's anywhere we can run to?
- 181. Then how 'bout we take that money
to Maidalien and say sorry?
- 182. Like five million's enough.
- 183. They're a major group on par with
the Creatureland Group.
- 184. Then we'll take out their leader.
- 185. An assassination.
- 186. That's practical.
- 187. The head of the group?
- 188. Won't she be heavily guarded?
- 189. I mean like, who's the head of Maidalien, anyway?
- 190. The Crimson Supernova.
- 191. Say what?
- 192. Apparently someone called that is back.
- 193. If we all go apologize really hard,
I'm sure they'll forgive us!
- 194. That kind of thinking won't fly in this business.
- 195. You should realize that by now.
- 196. I know that, but...
- 197. Yeah, yeah!
- 198. You still don't like violence, right?
- 199. But hey, someone might die trying to protect you
if you can't fight, hear me?
- 200. Oinky Doink Cafe
- 201. Yes, that's right.
- 202. I'd like info on the head of Maidalien.
- 203. Uh no, hold on!
- 204. Oh jeez, they hung up, damn it!
You could just tell me!
- 205. Nagomi, what's up?
- 206. Do you think we really have to fight?
- 207. I really don't want to have to fight a friend.
- 208. Friend?
- 209. Oh, you mean her.
- 210. Sure, I get it.
Of course you don't want to fight.
- 211. I don't know what to do.
- 212. What if you two become sisters?
- 213. "Sisters"? Like an oath of sisterhood?
- 214. Yeah, yeah.
- 215. You swear the oath with another maid
and exchange name tags.
- 216. But Nerula belongs to the Maidalien Group.
- 217. Of course you can't hope for our head's blessing,
- 218. but you know that the bond of sisterhood
is super important to a maid, right?
- 219. The bond of sisterhood?
- 220. Here in this cafe, I'm your parent, Nagomi.
- 221. I'd be happy to act as a witness or whatever.
- 222. Do you think Nerula will agree to it?
- 223. Sure she will!
She's your friend, isn't she?
- 224. Nagomi...
- 225. I worry that making an oath of sisterhood with
a maid from another group may be risky.
- 226. Speaking from experience,
- 227. an oath of sisterhood isn't a definite thing.
- 228. You had a sister, Ranko?
- 229. Yes, long ago.
- 230. A fellow maid in the cafe I worked at.
- 231. She was very capable.
- 232. I thought we were sisters, Ranko!
- 233. Why are you against this?
- 234. You know that Miss Michiyo decided on
a nonaggressive defense policy.
- 235. Going out on the offensive would
go against her wishes.
- 236. Protecting this cafe serves to protect Miss Michiyo!
- 237. For that, we've gotta fight!
- 238. I have to disagree.
- 239. I have no idea where she is now.
- 240. Are you against this, Ranko?
- 241. Oinky Doink Cafe is at odds with Maidalien.
- 242. We can't rule out the possibility
of Nerula turning on you or something.
- 243. Still, I want to stick by Nerula's side.
- 244. Nagomi? What's going on?
- 245. Um, well, uh...
- 246. I want you to join me in an oath of sisterhood!
- 247. Please!
- 248. But Nagomi...
- 249. You and I belong to different groups.
- 250. I know that! Still!
- 251. You're serious?
- 252. This is my show of resolve.
- 253. I want to become sisters with you
and stay friends forever!
- 254. I guess I'm going to be a big sister.
- 255. I'll do it.
Let's be sisters, Nagomi.
- 256. I'm so glad!
- 257. I thought you might say no!
- 258. No matter what the higher-ups might say,
I'm going to dream big and go go.
- 259. Let us partake.
- 260. We have partaken.
- 261. Congratulations.
- 262. May your bond of sisterhood be
everlasting and joyous.
- 263. Please ready your hands.
- 264. Yooooo!
- 265. Don't let the noodles get limp.
- 266. Right!
- 267. Wow, Pops, you're really used to conducting this, huh?
- 268. Did it a long time ago.
- 269. Nagomi, you should have the pork.
- 270. Then you take the egg, Nerula.
- 271. Maidalien
- 272. We gon' go crush the pigsty they call Oinky Doink.
- 273. Y'all go wild to yer heart's content.
- 274. What? If ya wanna say something, spit it out.
- 275. Things have changed since you were here.
- 276. Why'd we hafta do things any different?
- 277. Us and the Creatures,
we've kept a respectful distance.
- 278. Y'all are mighty cocky when it comes
to bitchin' and moaning, eh?
- 279. So what?
- 280. Ya think th' kind of sissy extraterrestrials who
stand by and let Wuv-Wuv Moonbeam get crushed
- 281. can make the Akiba Big Bang happen?
- 282. I mean, what's this Akiba Big Bang, anyway?
- 283. This is the Akiba Big Bang!
- 284. How could you be in Maidalien and not know that?
- 285. Listen up.
- 286. Maidalien maids are Extra-Akiba Terrestrial invaders!
- 287. Any wussy maids get sunk in the
Sea of Tranquility, y'hear?
- 288. After we exterminate the swine, it'll be yer cafes next
with brain implants fer the lot of ya.
- 289. Now that you've made an oath of sisterhood,
she's your sister, right?
- 290. That means she's basically like
a daughter to me, y'know?
- 291. Let's have her come over for a visit sometime.
- 292. Wouldn't that be dangerous right now?
- 293. Just a casual visit!
- 294. I'd love to have a nice long chat with her!
- 295. Like about Nerula's cafe, and about Maidalien...
- 296. Chief?
- 297. Exploiting a bond of sisterhood?
You've gotta be kidding.
- 298. But we really don't have a choice, y'know?
- 299. I don't get what's going on at all.
- 300. A spy, she means.
- 301. I would really love to get info on the
head of Maidalien and stuff.
- 302. 'Cuz hey, us and Maidalien,
we're like sardines up against a sperm whale,
- 303. so getting info is key, right?
- 304. You're despicable.
- 305. What kind of person does that?
- 306. Don't you know we're all gonna get killed at this rate?
- 307. I'm like a parent to you, remember?
- 308. C'mon, show your mommy some love.
- 309. True, it may be our only viable prospect.
- 310. Given the situation, yeah.
- 311. A spy is our only hope.
- 312. Nagomi, I'm begging you!
- 313. I don't think so!
- 314. This is a test of your dignity as a maid!
- 315. Each and every one of you must do what you should
as members of Maidalien!
- 316. Invader Cafe Destron
- 317. Wuv-Wuv Moonbeam was ravaged by the Creatures.
- 318. Terminate the pigs responsible!
- 319. We will prove the Extra-Akiba Terrestrials'
superior cultural prowess to the world
- 320. and use this opportunity to exterminate
all Creatures from Akiba!
- 321. Space war is imminent!
- 322. This month, we have a star fruit fair going on.
- 323. Oh, th-that sounds yummy!
- 324. We're having a Top Shop Pork Chop event.
- 325. Sounds lovely.
- 326. Um hey, do you want to come visit our cafe some-
- 327. Oh dear!
- 328. Are you okay?
- 329. Sorry, yes, I'm fine.
- 330. Here.
- 331. Thank you for your help.
- 332. Maidalien plans to
- 333. storm Oinky Doink.
- 334. End goal is to annihilate
- 335. Creatureland Group.
- 336. You mean they're actually after us?
- 337. Planning to crush us to trigger an all-out war, huh?
- 338. This is valuable info.
- 339. If not for this, we would have been sitting ducks.
- 340. For real though, this is great.
- 341. We should thank the spy.
- 342. Nagomi! Thank you, dutiful daughter!
- 343. I didn't do anything!
- 344. Anyway, let's get ready!
- 345. Miss Manami! There's a copper here.
- 346. Extra-Akiba
- 347. Terrestrials
- 348. Well see, I heard you got a new acting head
- 349. Maidalien
- 350. Extra-Akiba
- 351. Terrestrials
- 352. so I figured I should say hello.
- 353. Oh, by the way.
- 354. I hear you're going to have a romp with
Creatureland sometime soon?
- 355. I don't think I know what'cha mean.
- 356. Well, we got tipped off, you see.
- 357. It's just we police have to investigate or
we meet the wrath of the citizens.
- 358. But really, it looks like Maidalien's
doing rather well, aren't you?
- 359. Officer, I just came got back t' this town
- 360. and can't tell the Showa-dori exit
from the Electric Town exit.
- 361. I do hope we can rely on you fer guidance.
- 362. That's good money down the drain!
Where'd that leak from?
- 363. Go find the goddamn rat squealin' on us!
- 364. Right!
- 365. By the way, apparently the police were at
Maidalien headquarters the other day.
- 366. Wait, does that mean we're safe?
- 367. We shouldn't let our guard down.
- 368. We should be on alert for a while.
- 369. Don't ever go anywhere alone.
- 370. I haven't been able to reach Nerula
since she handed me that note.
- 371. I-I'm sure she's fine!
She's a tough kid!
- 372. I can tell that about people, okay?
- 373. Nagomi, do you wish to search for Nerula?
- 374. I want to do what I can.
- 375. Then I shall accompany you
on your strolls starting tomorrow.
- 376. Oinky Doink is being targeted right now,
so we need to be on our guard.
- 377. Right...
- 378. Pretty certain this is the one.
- 379. Gotta erase her then.
- 380. We're tracking her down already.
- 381. No sign of Nerula today, either...
- 382. Have you been sleeping at all recently?
- 383. No, I'm too worried.
- 384. She's alive.
- 385. The kid's alive.
- 386. You've seen Nerula?
- 387. Yep.
- 388. Where was that?
- 389. Nerula!
- 390. Nagomi? Why?
- 391. I'm so glad you're okay!
- 392. I'm sorry I worried you.
- 393. They're looking for me.
- 394. Because I betrayed Maidalien.
- 395. Because of me?
- 396. No, I wanted to.
- 397. I'm glad I got to see you one last time.
- 398. Last time?
- 399. I'm going to stick by my own maid principles.
- 400. What 'ave we here?
- 401. What'cha doing, conspirin' with swine?
- 402. Just making small talk.
- 403. D'ya know what you've gone and done,
- 404. gettin' in the way of us crushing th' pigs?
- 405. I'll take responsibility for my actions.
- 406. Nagomi, we should go.
- 407. What do you mean, responsibility?
- 408. This is Maidalien's business to sort out.
- 409. You're the one I met a' the ramen joint.
- 410. That's too bad.
And here I thought we hit it off.
- 411. I agree, it's a shame.
- 412. S'pose it was meant to be, though.
- 413. I'll crush ya along with th' rest of Creatureland.
- 414. Why you!
- 415. You know who yer pointin' that blade at?
- 416. Crimson Supernova...
- 417. prepare to die!
- 418. Aw, this better be worth it.
- 419. Miyabi! Don't you butt in!
- 420. Take that!
- 421. Better loosen that grip there.
- 422. Nerula!
- 423. Stay back!
- 424. You die here.
- 425. Pesky little prick...
- 426. Ranko, you've got to help her!
- 427. This is their issue.
- 428. But if we don't, Nerula will...
- 429. That is what it means to be an Akiba maid.
- 430. Nerula knew what she was getting into.
- 431. Who cares about all that?
- 432. Nerula is my sister!
- 433. Those words are all I need.
- 434. Traitors only have one place t' go, and that's Hell.
- 435. Don't you dare!
- 436. Nerula!
- 437. Nerula!
- 438. No...
- 439. No way! Please no!
- 440. Harming one of ours now
goes against the code, does it not?
- 441. Put it down.
- 442. All ya do is cry without doing shit.
- 443. And ya call yerself a maid?
- 444. Miss Manami, coppers.
- 445. No more today.
- 446. Don't forget, our war's just gettin' started.
- 447. What do I do?
The blood won't stop!
- 448. Nagomi...
- 449. I'm sorry, I dragged you into this...
- 450. No, you're wrong!
It was me!
- 451. I wish...
- 452. I could have lived a bit longer...
- 453. Don't change the way you are...
- 454. Be the maid you are now...
- 455. Noooooo!
- 456. When you don't know the meaining of love
Ai no imi nado shiranakerya
- 457. Kyou mo ashita mo moe moe kyun
- 458. Another day, another chance to go moe moe kyun
- 459. There's nothing to be afraid of
Kowai mono nado naidaroga
- 460. Butagoya atari de moe moe kyun
- 461. I come to the pigsty for my moe moe kyun
- 462. Fate brought us together somehow
Nanno inga ka meguri au
- 463. Sorega atai no ikizama sa
- 464. That's the sort of life I lead
- 465. Swine of a leather flock together
Nitamono doushi no butadomo ni
- 466. Baka ni suru yatsa chi o miruze
- 467. Mock me, and you just might bleed
- 468. Is the shiny drop streaking down the cheek
Hoho o tsutau kirameki wa
- 469. Mune o yogiru tamerai wa
- 470. Is the hesitation that wells up
- 471. The warmth of a humane soul
Hito no kokoro no nukumori ka
- 472. Hito no kokoro no nokoriga ka
- 473. The lingering scent of a humane soul?
- 474. Revenging every wrong done to me
- 475. Ikirutomo haterutomo
- 476. Whether you get to live or die
- 477. But what lies after that
Sono saki ni naniga aruka
- 478. Onore no michi o tsuranuke
- 479. Tread your own path
- 480. I don't know, so I've been searching to see
Wakarazu ni sagashiteta
- 481. Hikigane o hiki yagare
- 482. Have the guts to pull that trigger
- 483. Who I am
Jibun ga dare nanoka
- 484. Omae ga dare nanoka
- 485. Who are you
- 486. Show me through the pain
Itami de oshietokure
- 487. Itami de oshietokure
- 488. Show me through the pain